Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

30%-Off and Double EQM Promo (2/1-29/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30%-Off and Double EQM Promo (2/1-29/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:07 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
scroll up and you’ll see datapoints
They seem inconsistent with the T&C, which do not say an extra 1x, but double. Misleading.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
when a diversion or technical stop takes place, you do not get mileage for that
I had a tech stop in HNL on an OGG to SEA direct and did get 500 EQM for OGG to HNL and the normal for HNL to SEA, same flight number.
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by NormalJest
I had a tech stop in HNL on an OGG to SEA direct and did get 500 EQM for OGG to HNL and the normal for HNL to SEA, same flight number.
Well the T&Cs clearly state it's not supposed to work that way. I guess just enjoy your extra miles but I wouldn't expect it in the future.

-J.
BarryL likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Not news anymore, but 2x EQM promptly posted after landing. Ticket purchased in November.
be_rettSEA and PaperGlider like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FullFare
I can tell the world right now that the COS bonus is NOT doubled. Just did one of my favorite mileage runs today, in F, routing SFO-ORD-SFO. Has worked well in the past and did today. Flight 332 takes off 8:40am from SFO, lands, reliably at 3:05 at ORD, unloads, refuels, and heads back at 4:05 to SFO. Lands at 6:30PM, and I'm back home in less than an hour.

The RT mileage accumulation has always been, before the promo, 1846 x 2 = 3692 + FC bonus of 1846 = 5538. Flew it today, but instead of combined mileage of 5538 x 2 = 11,076, they did not double the FC portion. I ended up with 4615 (x2 RT) = 9,159, which is 1,917 less than I had wished for. Ticket in F was $848 RT. Would have even a better value if I had got those 1,917 eqm's.

There are worse travails in life, but I think it would help if AS told folks that the 2 x miles promo does not translate to 2x eqm when laying out the extra $$ for an F ticket. The 2 x eqm for the F bonus is not there. Helps to know before booking an F ticket. My current strategy is to do one or two MR's, SJC-LAX. in whatever economy fare will be doubled for eqm. It will suck more of the life hours left available in my life, but will close less $$.

During the double CA mileage promo last fall, AS did the same: They did not double the F class bonus portion of the trips. They did double the minimum 500 eqm miles (= 1,000 per segment and kept the 50% bonus---times one). I'm not sure they did it for the heavily discounted basic fares.

I even called customer care about it last year, and they said that was the rule. Not going to call about it again. I think if they were in an atonement mode, they could have let this one go, but, C'est ca.
This is typical unless otherwise stated. Its clear AS isnt incentivizing F class travel....upfront is largely full. Its the back they need to fill. Hence no COS doubling.

I also think the COVID era promos was a mistake and they couldnt take it back at that point.....also its covid they needed anyone willing to travel....i miss cheap 299 F class fares to hawaii and NYC.....with an empty plane to yourself.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:12 am

For the double miles promo, one of the stipulations is that it’s not eligible for “award travel.” Anyone know if the half cash/half miles payment is considered award travel in this case. Usually the flight and payment option still qualifies the miles flown as EQMs. I was just curious if I paid in miles/cash on one of my legs if I still get the double EQM. Thank you.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It didn't cross my mind until now, but my mileage run next weekend (which was pushed back from the end of January due to getting MAXed) is, obviously, in February and therefore will get DEQM! Hooray! I should make MVP by the end of next weekend. I have another 5k on the books plus some AA flying through the beginning of Q2. If I do another 9,000-mile Alaska trip, then my fall trip to SFO will put me over to Gold.

-J.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CSquared
For the double miles promo, one of the stipulations is that it’s not eligible for “award travel.” Anyone know if the half cash/half miles payment is considered award travel in this case. Usually the flight and payment option still qualifies the miles flown as EQMs. I was just curious if I paid in miles/cash on one of my legs if I still get the double EQM. Thank you.
yes. It gets doubled too as it’s treated like a normal revenue ticket in terms of eqm accrual. I just flew a segment like that and it got double EQM.
Kathy_marie likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:11 pm

Thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 7:16 am

I had a colleague book a ticket late last week and flew this week. He only got 1x the mileage flown.

anyone else have data points that if you book inside February for February without the promo code gets 2x.

my flights this past weekend posted double as expected. But I was wanting to do a mileage run this weekend to bump up eqms. This gives me pause.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
I understand it as double elite qualifying miles, not double miles.

I have flown multiple times and this has worked fine for me - double elite qualifying miles.

Originally Posted by isaacchambers
I had a colleague book a ticket late last week and flew this week. He only got 1x the mileage flown.

anyone else have data points that if you book inside February for February without the promo code gets 2x.

my flights this past weekend posted double as expected. But I was wanting to do a mileage run this weekend to bump up eqms. This gives me pause.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
I understand it as double elite qualifying miles, not double miles.

I have flown multiple times and this has worked fine for me - double elite qualifying miles.
That's correct, it's specifically double EQMs. RDMs are awarded at standard rates.

-J.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 4:24 pm

About to embark upon my first Alaska mileage run! Flying from PDX to EWR and back in a single day. It'll be long, but fun and well worth the double EQMs.

Only bummer? I'm an MVP Gold and I'm 16/27 on the outbound upgrade list and 13/14 on the return. I've already selected a seat in Premium, but it would appear that my hopes of an FC upgrade were overly optimistic.

A bunch of elites must have the same idea as me!
ssk244, Repooc17, zdfld and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by PDXAlaskaFF
About to embark upon my first Alaska mileage run! Flying from PDX to EWR and back in a single day. It'll be long, but fun and well worth the double EQMs.

Only bummer? I'm an MVP Gold and I'm 16/27 on the outbound upgrade list and 13/14 on the return. I've already selected a seat in Premium, but it would appear that my hopes of an FC upgrade were overly optimistic.

A bunch of elites must have the same idea as me!
Enjoy the journey!

Even if you are #1 on the list, upgrade is by no means a certainty unless the front is largely empty. Premium seating is a good alternative imo...especially for night flights, some FAs will be more generous...had a recent flight where FAs made three drinks cart run instead of the normal two on transcon flights...drinks flowing throughout the flight! My seatmates each took two cans of beer for each run.

You can see if there are mileage runners for both flights by way of pax with same names on the upgrade list.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
That's correct, it's specifically double EQMs. RDMs are awarded at standard rates.

-J.
Stackable with the PAE 2x rdm that's still valid. PAE-HNL was running under $200 this month for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.