Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

30%-Off and Double EQM Promo (2/1-29/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but it looks like the promo many of us have been waiting for has arrived. When I first saw it, I thought it was just a 30% off promo (which isn't too exciting for me personally due to the usual day restrictions), but then buried down at the bottom of the page is a message about double EQMs for all AS operated and marketed flights during the month of February so although I wish it included more than just a month, I'll consider this a win!

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...rodID:FareSale
psychtobe, GW McLintock and willoL like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Expected promo post the recent fiasco. Too bad it's only February ... got a lot booked already and not able to squeeze in another trip. Hoping this will extend into March!

The corporate fare 3x part of the promo (not mentioned above) is crazy good
buschoi and navydevildoc like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but it looks like the promo many of us have been waiting for has arrived. When I first saw it, I thought it was just a 30% off promo (which isn't too exciting for me personally due to the usual day restrictions), but then buried down at the bottom of the page is a message about double EQMs for all AS operated and marketed flights during the month of February so although I wish it included more than just a month, I'll consider this a win!

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...rodID:FareSale
The bonus eqm will more than make up for the inconvenience last month. Should be 20k eqm for me. Lucky I rebooked a flight for last week to this weekend
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
The bonus eqm will more than make up for the inconvenience last month. Should be 20k eqm for me. Lucky I rebooked a flight for last week to this weekend
Is it a safe assumption that previously booked February travel will be covered under this? If so, sweet.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Is it a safe assumption that previously booked February travel will be covered under this? If so, sweet.
I certainly hope so -- that would keep me on track to hit MVP this month alone. Was not aware of the 30% until now, though too bad it's only for 6ish weeks where I already have other travel on the books.

So here's a question. I can rebook a trip in early March to save $15. However, because of a plane swap my seat got upgraded from Y to Y+. If I cancel and rebook, I will lose the upgrade (though I wouldn't be surprised to get it anyway closer in). What to do?

-J.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Huh. On the one hand, I could sacrifice a weekend and pick up 10k EQM for 300 bucks or so, and 20k would be doable for not a whole lot more. OTOH, I like my weekends, and I have a workable status plan without it, now improved by double EQM on the February trip I already have booked. Decisions….
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Does the 2X EQM bonus apply for existing itineraries? I have February flights already booked on AS and would rather not cancel and rebook if I don’t have to.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:50 am

Terms for the 2x EQM:

Mileage Plan™ members who fly in First Class and Main Cabin (excluding Saver fares booked in X class) on qualifying nonstop flights from February 1, 2024 through February 29, 2024 will receive double elite-qualifying miles. Corporate travelers flying under a qualifying contracted corporate ticket in First Class and Main Cabin (excluding Saver fares booked in X class) from February 1, 2024 through February 29, 2024 will receive triple elite-qualifying miles. Eligible corporate trips must be booked through the company’s travel booking system. Not valid on free or award travel. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines or on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon or SkyWest. Saver fares booked in X class are excluded. Mileage for qualifying flights must be credited to the member’s Mileage Plan account. Bonus elite-qualifying miles awarded as part of this promotion apply only toward elite status qualification and will not be available for redemption. Allow up to 4 weeks after the offer end date for bonus elite-qualifying miles to post. Corporate elite-qualifying miles will post separately. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan™ program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
ashill and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by anhuang19
Terms for the 2x EQM:

Mileage Plan™ members who fly in First Class and Main Cabin (excluding Saver fares booked in X class) on qualifying nonstop flights from February 1, 2024 through February 29, 2024 will receive double elite-qualifying miles. Corporate travelers flying under a qualifying contracted corporate ticket in First Class and Main Cabin (excluding Saver fares booked in X class) from February 1, 2024 through February 29, 2024 will receive triple elite-qualifying miles. Eligible corporate trips must be booked through the company’s travel booking system. Not valid on free or award travel. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines or on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon or SkyWest. Saver fares booked in X class are excluded. Mileage for qualifying flights must be credited to the member’s Mileage Plan account. Bonus elite-qualifying miles awarded as part of this promotion apply only toward elite status qualification and will not be available for redemption. Allow up to 4 weeks after the offer end date for bonus elite-qualifying miles to post. Corporate elite-qualifying miles will post separately. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan™ program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
Terms do not explicitly exclude those traveling as the “companion” on the Companion ticket. Typically, companions do not earn bonus miles, but in this case I am wondering if they do.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:55 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

For me, the link only displays the fare sale when accessed using Bing. The complete offer is displayed using Firefox or Chrome. I've experienced similar anomalies a couple times before.

OUR FULL SCHEDULE IS RETURNING
Up to 30% off* flights
We are returning to the reliable operation that you've come to expect from Alaska. Use discount code THANKYOU30 by January 31, 2024, at 11:59 pm PT and take up to 30% OFF* flights.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Wish I had some work travel authorized... But makes sense. Colleagues were doing everything to shift off of AS when it wasn't flying.

Discount code doesn't seem to be working, though.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
What's odd is that my email says:

Enjoy up to 40% off*
your next flight.

Book your trip by 1/31/24.
But it populates THANKYOU30. So maybe it is 30% +/- a little bit. And I guess technically 30% is included in "up to" 40%.

​​​​​​​-J.
dayone likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Alaska MVPG; KrisFlyer Silver
If you look closely at your 40% off email, it has a 1 time use code in there. I tried both the 1 time code and the 30% off code, and the final price was the same (it was actually only 12.5% off) on a flight I rebooked to save a few $$. But YMMV.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by The Narwhal
If you look closely at your 40% off email, it has a 1 time use code in there. I tried both the 1 time code and the 30% off code, and the final price was the same (it was actually only 12.5% off) on a flight I rebooked to save a few $$. But YMMV.
I've searched the email and even the URL and am not seeing a one-time use code Can you be a little more specific?

-J.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Alaska MVPG; KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I've searched the email and even the URL and am not seeing a one-time use code Can you be a little more specific?

-J.
Sorry, click the "See site for more details." link in the email. It will bring up a page that has the 1 time use code. I forgot I did that.
TheBeerHunter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.