Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SAN Aspire Lounge Converting to AS Lounge (Seemingly) Confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAN Aspire Lounge Converting to AS Lounge (Seemingly) Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Odd....this has got to be the only lounge shower I've ever heard of that doesn't provide towels. Is there shampoo provided or do you need to provide that as well? Thanks for the heads up....I will remember to bring my own towel...sounds more like a public campground shower than one you'd find in an airport lounge....lol.
Again this was a year and a half ago just as things were starting to ramp back up post-COVID. I was apparently one of the first people (if not the actual first person) to use the shower since it reopened. They didn't advertise it and I happened to stumble upon it so I asked. I did ask for and was given a stack of paper towels, but I also keep a hand towel in my bag. From the Hitchhikers' Guide to South Park... don't forget to bring a towel!

They did have shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

-J.
willoL likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Again this was a year and a half ago just as things were starting to ramp back up post-COVID. I was apparently one of the first people (if not the actual first person) to use the shower since it reopened. They didn't advertise it and I happened to stumble upon it so I asked. I did ask for and was given a stack of paper towels, but I also keep a hand towel in my bag. From the Hitchhikers' Guide to South Park... don't forget to bring a towel!

They did have shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

-J.
I used the shower 3-4 times. The first time, they ran out of towels and they gave me paper towels. Other times, they gave me towels.
737maxspotter likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:32 am

I used the shower 3 weeks ago and towels were provided.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It's so weird seeing a bathroom I used on FlyerTalk, let alone the internet. And knowing that I am connecting online with other people who have used the same exact shower as me. What a time to be alive.

-J.
pigx5, leroix, innerspace and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by keithguy
I used the shower 3 weeks ago and towels were provided.

Good to hear...do you just ask about the shower at the check-in desk when you enter the lounge? I assume AS hasn't yet taken it over yet....assuming that's still the plan.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Talked with the bartenders last week. They haven't been told anything official still, but they all understand it's coming. One seemed to think it will be 2025 before the brand changes. They expect they will all be fired from Swissport and will have to interview and get hired by AS when it re-opens. In the meantime, they seem to think it will remain business as usual. But that's all just water cooler gossip.
pigx5 and itripreport like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Talked with the bartenders last week. They haven't been told anything official still, but they all understand it's coming. One seemed to think it will be 2025 before the brand changes. They expect they will all be fired from Swissport and will have to interview and get hired by AS when it re-opens. In the meantime, they seem to think it will remain business as usual. But that's all just water cooler gossip.
Thanks for the update...I wonder who pays more....Swissport or AS?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Thanks for the update...I wonder who pays more....Swissport or AS?
Pure speculation, but I expect AS to pay more. Current staff is professional but not as competent as the former Admirals Club, one would typially find in an AS Board Room. Would not be surprised if some are not rehired by AS.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Good to hear...do you just ask about the shower at the check-in desk when you enter the lounge? I assume AS hasn't yet taken it over yet....assuming that's still the plan.
Yes. I used the shower last week. I asked if the shower was available and gave the front desk my name. Someone brought me 2 towels once the shower was ready. I wish they'd provide more than 2 towels, but the current arrangement is still much better than using paper towels.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
It's so weird seeing a bathroom I used on FlyerTalk, let alone the internet. And knowing that I am connecting online with other people who have used the same exact shower as me. What a time to be alive.

-J.
​​​​​​I just used the Aspire Lounge shower tonight for the first time. It served it's purpose and a towel was provided but it's definitely on the lower end of airport lounge showers. As a side note, I used my AS Lounge+ membership for entry, but I am flying out on the AA red-eye to ORD and the agent at the entrance said you have to have an AS boarding pass if you are using an AS Lounge+ membership for entry....huh? Thankfully I had an AS boarding pass on my phone for tomorrow so he let me in with that. I wonder if this actually is a new policy or just someone making up their own rules.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
​​​​​​I just used the Aspire Lounge shower tonight for the first time. It served its purpose and a towel was provided but it's definitely on the lower end of airport lounge showers. As a side note, I used my AS Lounge+ membership for entry, but I am flying out on the AA red-eye to ORD and the agent at the entrance said you have to have an AS boarding pass if you are using an AS Lounge+ membership for entry....huh? Thankfully I had an AS boarding pass on my phone for tomorrow so he let me in with that. I wonder if this actually is a new policy or just someone making up their own rules.
It’s policy, not new or made up. Check the website here…

StevenSeagalFan likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JC5280
It’s policy, not new or made up. Check the website here…
Interesting....thanks for pointing that out!
JC5280 likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 25, 2024 at 12:03 am Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:52 am

Interesting....thanks for pointing that out!
I don't think I have ever had a problem entering with an AA boarding pass while being AL+. But I have like 8 other ways to enter that lounge so if they balked for some reason we would just jump to one of those.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Arrived at the Aspire Lounge at about 8:30 am this morning, to find the door closed, dreaded "crowded" sign, one person waiting in front of me. We stood there patiently for about 20 minutes, watching about 15 people exit the club, line growing by the minute, staff walking around inside. When the finally opened the door, there were plenty of empty seats to be had.

What gives?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:27 am

I am surprised they had the door closed, normally they just put the little sign in the doorway.

But I am wondering if they wanted a break to clean the place for a minute. But who knows. I will be glad when it becomes Alaska and the normal entry rules apply. At least half of that crowd will be gone.
frankvb and PDXPremier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.