Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SAN Aspire Lounge Converting to AS Lounge (Seemingly) Confirmed

SAN Aspire Lounge Converting to AS Lounge (Seemingly) Confirmed

Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by skunker
From my understanding of what I overheard last month was they are taking over the Aspire lounge and expanding it.
I was at that lounge last week (Weds AM) and it was closing at 9AM for "maintenance." I'm in construction and know how things like this work and could easily see a planned closing for a few hours to get people in to make plans. 9AM on a Weds? Sounds like a pretty good low-demand time.... and planned in advance? Not like it was burst pipe and some kind of emergency.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:27 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I could see the new Chase Sapphire lounge filling in as the Priority Pass option.
When that new lounge was proposed I remember reading they were going to take Priority Pass as well since its in the other wing of T2. Ill see if I can dig it up.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I guess in the end, if they are taking over Aspire, there is no way it could be worse than it is now. It would still serve BA/JL pax, AA and AS members. But hopefully get rid of the myriad other programs to enter (Amex, Priority Pass, Lounge Key or whatever, Sears Auto Shop Frequent Tire Rotator Club, UCSD Library Card, etc) and stop the standing room only overcrowding.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I guess in the end, if they are taking over Aspire, there is no way it could be worse than it is now. It would still serve BA/JL pax, AA and AS members. But hopefully get rid of the myriad other programs to enter (Amex, Priority Pass, Lounge Key or whatever, Sears Auto Shop Frequent Tire Rotator Club, UCSD Library Card, etc) and stop the standing room only overcrowding.
I walked by a couple weeks ago on my way out of the airport and there was a line 10 people deep waiting to get, but entry was closed due to being at capacity.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Hoping AS can finally turn this space around. Ever since AA abandoned the club it has spiraled into a pit of Ikea-cafeteria levels. I don't even stop in for coffee anymore as I find it undrinkable. So sad, as the UA and DL lounges at SAN are both beautiful (if overcrowded, especially in the case of DL).
JC5280 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 11:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Hoping AS can finally turn this space around. Ever since AA abandoned the club it has spiraled into a pit of Ikea-cafeteria levels. I don't even stop in for coffee anymore as I find it undrinkable. So sad, as the UA and DL lounges at SAN are both beautiful (if overcrowded, especially in the case of DL).
Thank goodness for chase priority pass. Get a massage from the full body machine and then a full meal at the PGA Tour restaurant next door
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Thank goodness for chase priority pass. Get a massage from the full body machine and then a full meal at the PGA Tour restaurant next door
Heh I usually do this in the opposite order
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I could see the new Chase Sapphire lounge filling in as the Priority Pass option.
it was supposed to open in November - any current ETA?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
The delta skyclub attendants said they are moving to the new terminal with a new lounge. So could AS take over the current skyclub? Its not 5,000 sq feet though. Probably about 3000 sq feet.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:08 am
Community Director Emerita

AS is going to take over the Aspire space and some unused space that is adjacent to it. I've asked my source as to when this will happen and how long the lounge will be closed.
dayone, frankvb, N1120A and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
AS is going to take over the Aspire space and some unused space that is adjacent to it. I've asked my source as to when this will happen and how long the lounge will be closed.
Do you know if the adjacent unused space is the current terminal corridor outside the exit-only door? That would make sense to me as the only pace for them to expand to.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

AS takes over the Aspire Lounge on January 1 2024. The current operator will continue to run the space. AS plans to acquire the adjacent space which will add roughly 40% additional space. I do not know the timing.
N1120A, beckoa, Metanoia and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:52 pm

AS takes over the Aspire Lounge on January 1 2024. The current operator will continue to run the space. AS plans to acquire the adjacent space which will add roughly 40% additional space. I do not know the timing.
I just hope the Chase lounge is open soon!
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I wonder if this will be an AS Lounge in name only or if the food options (including pancake maker) will be added? This will be the first AS Lounge with showers!
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I wonder if this will be an AS Lounge in name only or if the food options (including pancake maker) will be added? This will be the first AS Lounge with showers!
It'll be the 2nd. Like SFO, they'll likely just lock it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.