Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SAN Aspire Lounge Converting to AS Lounge (Seemingly) Confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2023, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club

On the agenda of the monthly meeting of the SDCRAA (airport board) next Thursday is an item to "Award a Lease to Alaska Airlines for the Operation of an Airline Club for a Term of 10 Years" at SDIA. The lounge size is listed as 5,456 sq feet.

Source: look for item 16 near the end -- at this link: for item 16 near the end -- at this link:
https://www.san.org/DesktopModules/Brin ... &TabId=344
Old Dec 2, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
On the agenda of the monthly meeting of the SDCRAA (airport board) next Thursday is an item to "Award a Lease to Alaska Airlines for the Operation of an Airline Club for a Term of 10 Years" at SDIA. The lounge size is listed as 5,456 sq feet.

Source: look for item 16 near the end -- at this link: for item 16 near the end -- at this link:
https://www.san.org/DesktopModules/Brin ... &TabId=344
Like I said in another thread--it's the worst keep secret in San Diego.
anteater and navydevildoc like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The N lounge is apparently 15,800 sqft. So this SAN lounge at 1/3 of that is a pretty decent size, I think.
StevenSeagalFan likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The N lounge is apparently 15,800 sqft. So this SAN lounge at 1/3 of that is a pretty decent size, I think.
It'll be cute

What are the requests for what's on draft?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Any idea if they will also accept Admirals Club membership?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:19 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by diver858
Any idea if they will also accept Admirals Club membership?
Why would this lounge be any different to standard policy?
dw, TheDudeAbides, N1120A and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:38 am

Huh, wonder where there's 5k worth of space in T2 for that? Seems like the east side where most AS flights are is pretty much full? Or are there larger plans to swap terminals when the new T1 opens?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:53 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by safari ari
"Standard Policy" HAHA AS has had widely varying policies for access across their locations - Priority Pass access, selling of day-passes, accessing multiple lounges same day (or not) with a purchased day pass, paid FC access, and probably a bunch of other criteria I can't immediately recall.... basically, there is no "Standard Policy." In general, lounges away from AS home territory (outside SEA, then PDX) has been somewhat more generous and I'd expect SAN to fall in line with that but there really is no standard to even remotely rely on.
SkyTeam777 and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mtofell
"Standard Policy" HAHA AS has had widely varying policies for access across their locations - Priority Pass access, selling of day-passes, accessing multiple lounges same day (or not) with a purchased day pass, paid FC access, and probably a bunch of other criteria I can't immediately recall.... basically, there is no "Standard Policy." In general, lounges away from AS home territory (outside SEA, then PDX) has been somewhat more generous and I'd expect SAN to fall in line with that but there really is no standard to even remotely rely on.
Point taken about Priority Pass, day passes, etc. However, Admirals Club membership currently provides access to all AS lounges without restrictions for capacity, multiple entries, class of service, etc. That is the standard for AS lounges. Why would a new SAN AS lounge be any different?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by dlichterman
Huh, wonder where there's 5k worth of space in T2 for that? Seems like the east side where most AS flights are is pretty much full? Or are there larger plans to swap terminals when the new T1 opens?
From my understanding of what I overheard last month was they are taking over the Aspire lounge and expanding it.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by skunker
From my understanding of what I overheard last month was they are taking over the Aspire lounge and expanding it.
Oh.......interesting. That would suck for people relying on it for Priority Pass access - however when that new Chase lounge finally opens maybe that will change things....
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by safari ari
I am having difficulties finding the current policy; Aspire Club in SAN has been the only OW option for quite a while, accepts both AA and AS, Premium passengers on BA and JL flights; My only recent experience at an AS lounge was Saturday in PDX, where they took my Admirals Club membership.

Once the AS club is open, I am wondering if SAN Aspire will continue to accept Admirals Club, host Premium passengers on OW international partners,
Old Dec 3, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I could see the new Chase Sapphire lounge filling in as the Priority Pass option.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 3:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Lifetime PAN AM Clipper Club
Originally Posted by diver858
I am having difficulties finding the current policy; Aspire Club in SAN has been the only OW option for quite a while, accepts both AA and AS, Premium passengers on BA and JL flights; My only recent experience at an AS lounge was Saturday in PDX, where they took my Admirals Club membership.

Once the AS club is open, I am wondering if SAN Aspire will continue to accept Admirals Club, host Premium passengers on OW international partners,
I would like to know too. One week flying AA(Qatar Gold/OWS) got in, the next flying AA got rejected. At least with AA lounges no ambiguity. I really didn't care that much at the time, but in the future I plan more flights through SAN.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
I think HNL is coming up next after SAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.