Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to Select My Seat on STARLUX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
In my personal experience, this is true as of December 2023 in Economy using AS points

Dec-01 NRT-TPE - US Call Center assigned "forward" seats
Dec-08 TPE-NRT
It's a good thing I'm booked in J. Imagine being in Y and having to call Starlux "48 hours" before you can select a seat from the table scraps that would likely be left over by then.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
similar situation w TN (Air Tahiti Nui), except they don’t even have an online chat function as such

may have to re-think my anti-FB/X stance if I don’t get a satisfactory reply to my “Contact Us” submittal
One thing worth mentioning with Starlux is that prior to the chat, I had submitted the feedback form with my preferred seat choices. Never received a response.

Eventually decided to try the chat, spent 2 hours waiting and the first thing the rep says you already have so and so seats assigned 😑

Definitely recommend using the form to save time but no way to know it's been recieved/actioned without a call/chat if they don't reply..
joer1212 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
similar situation w TN (Air Tahiti Nui), except they don’t even have an online chat function as such

may have to re-think my anti-FB/X stance if I don’t get a satisfactory reply to my “Contact Us” submittal
TN responded to my second online ping with email giving the phone number and operating hours for their reservations office ... phone agent asked for the PNR, I read it off, said we wanted a window/aisle pair, she said either 4KL or 5AB were available ... got "Updated Travel Document" email less than 5 minutes later showing 5AB
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:21 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Heads up to anyone actually buying a revenue ticket on Starlux. It will ask if you’d like to use your COSMILE number or Alaska number.

You won’t know until afterwards that selecting Alaska will mean you cannot ever see your reservation again or select seats online etc. Then you have to call to do anything at all.

Just crazy.
cce5858 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Heads up to anyone actually buying a revenue ticket on Starlux. It will ask if you’d like to use your COSMILE number or Alaska number.

You won’t know until afterwards that selecting Alaska will mean you cannot ever see your reservation again or select seats online etc. Then you have to call to do anything at all.

Just crazy.
I also ran into this same issue where I couldn't manage my trip online because I used an Alaska number for my booking. I would get this error if I tried to manage the trip:

"Booking not added due to passenger information does not match with the member or the booking contains a non-STARLUX frequent flyer number.​ (03021)"

I live chatted Starlux customer service and they were able to instruct me on how to get it to work.

It seems that if you are logged in to your Starlux account and try to manage your trip it will try to do some correlation with your booking and COSMILE number which is where the issue arises.

If instead, you first log out and then try to manage your trip it will only ask for your booking reference and name. This allowed me to select my seats, etc.

Hopefully this helps anyone else with this issue and you can avoid waiting 30 minutes for support. I didn't see anywhere else where this issue or solution were mentioned.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:34 pm

Virginia Emery
We hope this message finds you well. We would like to inform you that, due to the unique conditions of the Alaska Airlines Award Program, STARLUX is currently unable to assist with seat selection at this moment. If you would like to select your seats, we kindly request that you contact STARLUX 48 hours to 3 hours prior of your flight departure. Seats assignment is subject to availability.
Glad I searched on Starlux and found this. I was about to make an awards booking on Alaska. Has anything changed? Booking Premium Economy SFO-BKK on Alaska is mostly hopeless now unless unless you can stand a 10 hour layover.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:36 am

No nothing has changed. You need to call Starlux or chat with Starlux during office hours, in order to get a seat assignment on award tickets issued by Alaska Airlines.
For business class passengers, you still have no access to the meal pre-order system!

Starlux really has a rudimentary website that really works in a less than ideal manner.

Carfield
minhaoxue and ColoradoJay like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum

Just crazy.
Same, I had such high expectations for Starlux. With this annoying inability to even VIEW reservation without using their stupid Cosmile program automatically drops this airline to 4 stars at best in my books. So annoyed. And also didnt know that TPE-SFO seat selection is chargeable for Y.

Tried to cancel the booking and spoke to Taipei office and was told I was 26 hours in the booking and no free cancelation. Really turned off by Starlux already.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:13 pm

Just crazy.
I used an Alaska number for my booking, but I haven't had any issues retrieving my booking or (paying for the privilege of) selecting my seats online or in-app. I also never made a COSMILE/Starlux account, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Originally Posted by Carfield
Starlux really has a rudimentary website that really works in a less than ideal manner.
It's shocking how their website and app manage to actually be worse than those of BR's and CI's, and those websites and apps are already pretty rudimentary.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:39 pm

I was unable to get chat to work, so I started this reply. Went back again to try for 3rd time and chat started working . I'm number 10...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.