Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to Select My Seat on STARLUX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Unable to Select My Seat on STARLUX

I booked an Alaska award a couple of days ago. The first segment of my trip is on Alaska airlines (economy; EWR-LAX). The second is on Starlux (business; LAX-TPE).

While I was able to select my seat for the first segment of my trip on Alaska's website, I haven't been able to do the same on Starlux's website, despite entering their confirmation code. I keep getting the following error message:

Itinerary not applicable, please contact STARLUX Airlines Customer Service Center (03014)

Is there any reason why I can't select my seat online?
Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Why not call them and ask to select a seat?
Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"Please note that Manage My Trip is only available to passengers with STARLUX Airlines tickets (189)."
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Or chat Monday to Friday 09:30-17:30 China Standard Time.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
It's late now where I live, but I will call them tomorrow, since, for some strange reason, I cannot select my seat online, like on other airlines.

Any idea if I can even select my seat on Starlux? I read somewhere that flights booked through Alaska default to the lowest booking code on Starlux, and are not eligible for seat selection until 48 hours prior to departure. If I find out that's the case, I will cancel my award.
cce5858 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by joer1212
It's late now where I live, but I will call them tomorrow, since, for some strange reason, I cannot select my seat online, like on other airlines.

Any idea if I can even select my seat on Starlux? I read somewhere that flights booked through Alaska default to the lowest booking code on Starlux, and are not eligible for seat selection until 48 hours prior to departure. If I find out that's the case, I will cancel my award.
You can chat with them online and you'll have your seats within a few minutes. What you read is inaccurate - I've had no issues on multiple tickets so far with getting seats. Expertflyer will show you what's available.
joer1212 and buschoi like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
for some strange reason, I cannot select my seat online, like on other airlines.
This is mentioned many times in the relevant thread. AS Partnership with STARLUX Airlines (JX) [Launched 4/26/2023]
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
You can chat with them online and you'll have your seats within a few minutes. What you read is inaccurate - I've had no issues on multiple tickets so far with getting seats. Expertflyer will show you what's available.
Thanks. I'm actually number 6 on the chat queue right now.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:33 pm

Thanks. I'm actually number 6 on the chat queue right now.
The queue took me hours to get through with only a few ahead of me. Wish you better luck.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Not strange. Plenty of partner bookings you cannot select seats online. Other Alaska partner for example, Aer Lingus. Plenty of other airlines where you cannot select seats on partner bookings.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olouie
The queue took me hours to get through with only a few ahead of me. Wish you better luck.
Thank you, because your wishing me good luck worked. I got my preferred seat within minutes of chatting with the rep. Took about an hour and a half to reach the head of the queue, but it was well worth the time.
AKLifetimeFlyer and olouie like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Thank you, because your wishing me good luck worked. I got my preferred seat within minutes of chatting with the rep. Took about an hour and a half to reach the head of the queue, but it was well worth the time.
when you wish upon a Starlux, your seats come true!
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Having just gone through this, the queue number is accurate despite what sitting at position 1 for an hour and a half may have had me believing.

I do get the feeling there's only one person working the English queue. I created another chat in a separate browser in case of one disconnecting and for the 15+ minutes my chat took, the second queue position didn't move. That or the other chat was moving even slower than mine.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
similar situation w TN (Air Tahiti Nui), except they don’t even have an online chat function as such

may have to re-think my anti-FB/X stance if I don’t get a satisfactory reply to my “Contact Us” submittal
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:39 pm

I read somewhere that flights booked through Alaska default to the lowest booking code on Starlux, and are not eligible for seat selection until 48 hours prior to departure. If I find out that's the case, I will cancel my award.
In my personal experience, this is true as of December 2023 in Economy using AS points

Dec-01 NRT-TPE - US Call Center assigned "forward" seats
Dec-08 TPE-NRT

We hope this message finds you well. We would like to inform you that, due to the unique conditions of the Alaska Airlines Award Program, STARLUX is currently unable to assist with seat selection at this moment. If you would like to select your seats, we kindly request that you contact STARLUX 48 hours to 3 hours prior of your flight departure. Seats assignment is subject to availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.