Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Partnership with STARLUX Airlines (JX) [Launched 4/26/2023]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
STARLUX Seat Assignments for AS-issued tickets

Currently, the STARLUX website does not recognize AS-issued bookings for seat assignments. To get a seat assignments, use chat or call STARLUX.

Moderator Note

Because AS is JX’s only US partner, there is lot of interest here in its service, inflight product and FTers' general experiences. For the time being, STARLUX comments and reviews (especially J and PE) will be welcome in this thread.

There is not a dedicated JX forum on FT (discussion is the “Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines” forum). Please try to keep posts at least a bit related to AS, if possible. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

https://investor.alaskaair.com/news-...arlux-airlines

​​​​​​​With more of us looking to travel internationally this year, Alaska Airlines is celebrating our newest global airline partner: STARLUX Airlines, a Taipei-based premium carrier, which today launched its inaugural transpacific service between Taipei and Los Angeles. Alaska is STARLUX's first airline partner.

Our Mileage Plan members can now earn miles on all STARLUX flights, and soon they'll be able to redeem miles on STARLUX. When redemptions become available this summer on STARLUX flights between
Los Angeles and Taipei, they will start at 20,000 miles for economy, 40,000 for premium economy and 60,000 for business class for a limited time
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Interesting to see that while the RDM earning is great (minimum 100% of distance flown), no flight earns EQM

now we cross our fingers and hope they join oneworld…
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Any possible elite benefits between Alaska and STARLUX?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Any possible elite benefits between Alaska and STARLUX?
nothing yet. here’s to hoping that at the very least they can get a lounge agreement going like with Icelandair + Hainan!
zdfld likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Awesome news! I made a comment about this in the question thread, but they had hinted at a new partner in the guide, nice to see it's Starlux. The redemption amounts seem really reasonable, whenever it launches.

On the negative side, the reasonable redemptions being "limited time" is concerning.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Huh. No F redemptions, only Y/Y+/J.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
Interesting to see that while the RDM earning is great (minimum 100% of distance flown), no flight earns EQM
Bummer.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Huh. No F redemptions, only Y/Y+/J.
FWIW, reading an blog about their F product, it seems to be a J+ (ala Mint / other's first row of J w/ a bit more room, closing door, etc) and not a whole lot else. It does come w/ access to the Private Suite at LAX and chauffer service in Taipei, but otherwise I don't know how much more the higher redemption would be worth it anyhow..
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Ho Hum. No EQM and reasonable redemptions for a "limited time". Looks like an airline to get a quick redemption on while it is reasonable and then never worry about it again.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:51 am

Guess I better start churning Alaska points. Which cc's have you found to give you the best bang for your buck?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:53 am

Well if you can't earn elite qualifying miles, it is really not that useful.
However it is a good start and I hope the partnership will soon include EQM!

Apparently Starlux is looking into SFO, as their second North American destination. That will be great especially Starlux can use some connection flight on AS.

Carfield
buschoi and samoyeddillpickle like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I read this as I landed just now in the inaugural. My STARLUX number was in the record. How will I now get those miles over to Alaska?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam

now we cross our fingers and hope they join oneworld…
I wouldn’t be surprised if AS left OneWorld and became “Switzerland” again so to speak.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I wouldn’t be surprised if AS left OneWorld.
I would.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I wouldn’t be surprised if AS left OneWorld and became “Switzerland” again so to speak.
Im willing to put money that doesnt happen anytime in the near future (3-5 years at least). It cost a ton to join OW and they get a lot more out of it vs. going free agent again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.