Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Rant] No, I don't want to move to the bulkhead. Next time don't ask.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rant] No, I don't want to move to the bulkhead. Next time don't ask.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Greed and vanity to want to sit with the person you are traveling with?

I was just on a 6 hour flight with an extended family that was all over the plane. I had one sister next to me in the window, her sister was across the aisle in the other window seat. Grandma walked up and down the aisle with the grandbaby from the third sister.

No one made a big deal.

I certainly hope your other flights were pleasant and angst free.

Edit: Going back to your title....you don't want anyone to even ask. They will always ask. Just say no. So simple. So very, very simple.

:
I'll continue to be an asker, and if I can, be an askee.

And no I didn't click on any of your links.

Eighth Deadly Sin for asking to switch seats? Seriously?

Last edited by Eujeanie; Aug 28, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I was just on a 6 hour flight with an extended family that was all over the plane. I had one sister next to me in the window, her sister was across the aisle in the other window seat. Grandma walked up and down the aisle with the grandbaby from the third sister.
On the other hand, all of your boarding passes were together, lovingly stapled together.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
On the other hand, all of your boarding passes were together, lovingly stapled together.
You are so wise. Sometimes things are together, and sometimes they are apart. It's all good

Oh, actually, it wasn't MY family that was separated, it was a girls' trip of 3 daughters, Mom, and grandaughter. They were so nice.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Greed and vanity to want to sit with the person you are traveling with?

No one made a big deal.

I certainly hope your other flights were pleasant and angst free.

Edit: Going back to your title....you don't want anyone to even ask. They will always ask. Just say no. So simple. So very, very simple.

:
I'll continue to be an asker, and if I can, be an askee.

And no I didn't click on any of your links.

Eighth Deadly Sin for asking to switch seats? Seriously?
2) The links have to do with switching seats....you just assumed. Nothing to do with my other "sins" reference. But that's our world today....people jumping to conclusions. Not thinking things through.

My other flights were uneventful and plesant, thank you JAL and Alaska, they are 99.9% of the time or what not by current statistics.

The guy asking was kind of lame....he couldn't sit apart from his wife for 2.5 hours? He had to ask? Should have been happy the seats were there...the flight wasn't full I don't think, so it should have been a bonus to sit in first, and not economy.
Again, the flight was about to take off/close doors...and I was situated. This is not like people were still boarding. EVERYONE was already seated. A more thoughtful person would have just accepted the seats...again, not elderly, children, physically frail, disabled, etc...a thoughtful person would NOT have asked to inconvenience me / put me on the spot. Maybe once the flight got going, and if he had some pressing issue with his wife, he could ask to change.
Boraxo likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Aug 28, 2022 at 9:35 pm Reason: Deleted discussion of moderator actions (FT Rule 18) and off-topic comments.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

This thread has had a "spirited" run but now is requiring clean-up. Time to close.

dayone, AS Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.