Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Rant] No, I don't want to move to the bulkhead. Next time don't ask.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rant] No, I don't want to move to the bulkhead. Next time don't ask.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I usually go to the General FT forums/breaking news whatever they are called - I get sick and tired that 80% are about British Airways.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by david55
Every time I log on to FT it already IS the top of the list. I take no responsibility. But you're right..... I probably didn't help the situation.
I saw it up in the list again just now and wondered how an anecdote/commentary that appeared so unpopular at first has gotten many of us to keep at it. Yay, I'm pushing it to the top again!

I appreciate to-the-point posts, like 'How far is Gate X from Gate Z in airport XYZ?', but I enjoy these philosophical(?) posts that bring all sorts of our opinions and anecdotes out of the woodwork. Well played, @EqualOpp.
AndyPatterson and ACBLtd like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
LAX-SFO this morning. Boarded the plane last minute. A guy was sitting in my seat drinking OJ.
"Hey I think you are in my seat. Mine is 1D should be window"
"Oh sorry about that" he moved to his actual 1C seat and apologized after he saw the label beneath the overhead bins.

Just a data point.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 985X
LAX-SFO this morning. Boarded the plane last minute. A guy was sitting in my seat drinking OJ.
"Oh sorry about that" he moved to his actual 1C seat and apologized after he saw the label beneath the overhead bins.

Just a data point.
Of course that's how one should begin.

However, that would be the least likely response were they a self upgrader.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Just a data point.
Yeah, been there, does that. Actually, on both sides of the exchange. On a particularly grueling international trip I actually ended up in the wrong row (say, 23 instead of 25) because I trusted my memory after 12 hrs in coach when boarding yet another flight instead of reading my boarding pass. Of course I apologized, moved to my actual seat, and felt stupid. But I also learned a lesson. Mistakes happen.
SanDiego1K, Klrduks and 985X like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yeah, been there, does that. Actually, on both sides of the exchange. On a particularly grueling international trip I actually ended up in the wrong row (say, 23 instead of 25) because I trusted my memory after 12 hrs in coach when boarding yet another flight instead of reading my boarding pass. Of course I apologized, moved to my actual seat, and felt stupid. But I also learned a lesson. Mistakes happen.
You guys fly intercontinental Y too? Wow I thought that would be just me!
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
You guys fly intercontinental Y too? Wow I thought that would be just me!
Crossed the Atlantic in UA E+ countless times. The introduction of E+ was essential to establishing my UA loyalty.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

Just a data point.
I did that a handful of times when I was flying UA frequently and AS less frequently, and AS F was AC/DF and UA F was AB/CD.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:23 am

Not sure if it's still the case with AA, but I used to get tripped up by them beginning FC with Row 3. Resulted in one or two cases of "Sorry about that. Must have been sleepwalking", as I moved from the third row to the first.

Last edited by pmblinn; Aug 18, 2022 at 9:28 am
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I’ve done this on flights and was willing to move so people could sit together.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I did that a handful of times when I was flying UA frequently and AS less frequently, and AS F was AC/DF and UA F was AB/CD.
on Alaska SkyWest E175, F is A/C/D (my case this morning).
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:40 am
Suspended

on Alaska SkyWest E175, F is A/C/D (my case this morning).
No one here is ranting about honest mistakes.

It's about people who upgrade from one class to another by stealing a seat.
Boraxo and psusaver like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ghoulish

Other than you, no one in this thread seems to talk about self upgraders.
ACBLtd and 985X like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Ghoulish

Thank you, Captain Obvious - But sometimes what appears to be an intentionally poached seat is simply an honest mistake that is easily remedied with courtesy, not consternation.

And I thought the thread was about moving seats within the F cabin, not self-upgraders. But what do I know. This thread has more tangents than many a failed math exam.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Apparently...a couple of articles about this recently...strange. It's like some kind of collective unconscious effect.

bit tardy replying here...been traveling (Finishing the trip that started with that Alaska flight)...mind elsewhere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-together.html

https://viewfromthewing.com/sometime...-switch-seats/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.