Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
My first PDB in a long time on short-haul SEA-SAN.

No PDB on long haul SAN-JFK.

Sorry, no photo, but an interesting pumpkin-apple (pear?)-pork-egg hash breakfast entree on the transcon breakfast flight. The combination sounded/looked unusual but it was tasty. Pre-order was completely inoperative/greyed-out on webiste and app, so I had no description.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
AS Flyer--have you heard anything official?
sorry, I missed this. They are, indeed back. As you can see, it's hit and miss - a lot of renegade FA's doing what they want so whether you actually get one or not is up to the FA sadly.
TheBeerHunter and Klrduks like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by AS Flyer;[url=tel:34733215
34733215[/url]]sorry, I missed this. They are, indeed back. As you can see, it's hit and miss - a lot of renegade FA's doing what they want so whether you actually get one or not is up to the FA sadly.
If we report the lack of PDBs for a flight via Alaska Listens, does that feedback affect any change?

I imagine it’s low on the totem pole.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
AS 992, CMH-SEA, 11/4/22, 5:05 5:30 depart

Butternut Squash Risotto. Pretty good but would disagree with the "restaurant quality" comment above. The Apricot Prosciutto Chicken appeared more substantial. Risotto was enjoyable and tasty if not overwhelmingly so.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Nov 4, 2022 at 4:43 pm
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Bummer on the Risotto. I have had it more than a few times and it's been excellent and filling each time.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Bummer on the Risotto. I have had it more than a few times and it's been excellent and filling each time.
I had the Butternut Squash Risotto three times and all were good. The Apricot Prosciutto Chicken is more substantial if one is looking for something more filling.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:43 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Does AS not provide any food in F for late night departures?

I have a 7:30pm flight in a couple of weeks PHX->SEA which I haven't seen much feedback on catering offerings (I assume there will be a meal) but nothing is showing up in perorder yet.
I arrive at 9:41pm so nothing will be open, and depart SEA->JFK at 11:35pm.

Just curious if everything will show up on preorder or whether I need to grab something before or at PHX.

Maybe I'll just fill up on Aviator Gin and lime powder.
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I’m still seeing some Tanqueray as of a few days ago so be flexible in your starvation fighting plans!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:41 pm

Does AS not provide any food in F for late night departures?

I have a 7:30pm flight in a couple of weeks PHX->SEA which I haven't seen much feedback on catering offerings (I assume there will be a meal) but nothing is showing up in perorder yet.
I arrive at 9:41pm so nothing will be open, and depart SEA->JFK at 11:35pm.

Just curious if everything will show up on preorder or whether I need to grab something before or at PHX.

there will be a meal. That said, there are plenty of restaurants open, even if not on the N gates, and you should have a fair amount of time - and Aviator gin is hit and miss.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by lonelygod
you can check the flight status of the same flight, scroll down to the bottom and "preview full menu".

Looks like SEA-ANC is AS747?

https://www.alaskaair.com/status/747/2022-10-13
Yes AS 747 but no meal selection available and
the flight is in 4 days

is the dinner cutoff at 859pm or 900pm?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boycruz
is the dinner cutoff at 859pm or 900pm?
By the letter of the law, 9:00P.

"dinner service on departures 10:00 am - 9:00 pm."
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:42 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
there will be a meal. That said, there are plenty of restaurants open, even if not on the N gates, and you should have a fair amount of time - and Aviator gin is hit and miss.
I guess I needed to wait a few hours to check. My preorder for PHX-SEA showed up... looks like I'm getting Apricot chicken.

Weird thing is on the app it showed a meal selection for SEA-JFK that doesn't leave until 11:41. I had the choice of a cheese plate (even said there's a shortage of brie so they may substitute it with something else) or a kale salad.... on the website there is no option. Either way I'm not missing out on much. I do have an 8 hour layover before my Singapore flight leaves so I guess I'll scrounge something up at JFK or go to Flushing for Chinese food
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm a newbie to Alaska, being a Delta MM/DM. Anyway, which of these should I choose? I don't want a dry chicken, but usually on Delta the chicken is great, tender & moist. But I flew United last week and almost choked on the chicken. I don't object to the cheese plate either, but want to make sure it's a good portion.

Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bergamini
I'm a newbie to Alaska, being a Delta MM/DM. Anyway, which of these should I choose? I don't want a dry chicken, but usually on Delta the chicken is great, tender & moist. But I flew United last week and almost choked on the chicken. I don't object to the cheese plate either, but want to make sure it's a good portion.
Since you seem to be concerned about portion size, choose the chicken.
bergamini and GW McLintock like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
I guess I needed to wait a few hours to check. My preorder for PHX-SEA showed up... looks like I'm getting Apricot chicken.

Weird thing is on the app it showed a meal selection for SEA-JFK that doesn't leave until 11:41. I had the choice of a cheese plate (even said there's a shortage of brie so they may substitute it with something else) or a kale salad.... on the website there is no option. Either way I'm not missing out on much. I do have an 8 hour layover before my Singapore flight leaves so I guess I'll scrounge something up at JFK or go to Flushing for Chinese food
interesting that PHX-SEA gets the same menu for coast to coast flights…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.