Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
the fact that you’re going to PSP by yourself 2x is a great present for him?
🤣🤣🤣 there’s always a wise guy. Lol 🤣🤣🤣
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Yes its allowed. I made Gold once a couple years ago, and am currently MVP. I've been getting most of my EQM from doing Honor Flights, where I can't accept upgrades because I have to stay with my assigned veterans.
Ok, off topic, but I'm sure you want to stay with them, too. I'm sure they've got some quality stories to share, and hopefully you'll be able to share them down the road so they aren't lost.
missydarlin and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
🤣🤣🤣 there’s always a wise guy. Lol 🤣🤣🤣
Perhaps going to PSP twice is just a single return. If never to return, it would be two trips; her first one & her last one! 😂

James
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
This is good advice and something anyone visiting CA needs to be aware of. But to clarify, out of state visitors are allowed to come in and stay, but there's a 14 day minimum stay requirement with quarantine. This will be reassessed in So. Cal on January 4th, and only revised if ICU bed capacity meets or exceeds 15%. The Bay Area clock reset to January 7th, with the same restrictions. You can check the status here:

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-exc.../#icu-capacity
This is excellent information and I hope fellow travelers respect the state and local stay at home and quarantine orders above any mileage runs or leisure travel.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Hawks fan- care to share the HNL itinerary? Thx
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:46 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Ok, off topic, but I'm sure you want to stay with them, too. I'm sure they've got some quality stories to share, and hopefully you'll be able to share them down the road so they aren't lost.
Absolutely. Flying transcon in a middle seat surrounded by WWII veterans is a GLORIOUS experience.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Thumbs up

Yes its allowed. I made Gold once a couple years ago, and am currently MVP. I've been getting most of my EQM from doing Honor Flights, where I can't accept upgrades because I have to stay with my assigned veterans.
Absolutely. Flying transcon in a middle seat surrounded by WWII veterans is a GLORIOUS experience.
I'd never heard of Honor Flights until this thread. Glad to learn about them and my hat is off to AS for creating this program and to you, missydarlin, and the others who play the parts in it you choose to play. My career military dad was a veteran of both the Korean and Vietnam Wars, and I know what an experience like this would have meant to him. (Even though he never would have let on, of course.)
missydarlin likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Anyone else using this to get AA PlatPro or EPlat?
Yep. With international travel restrictions likely continuing well into 2021, I'm finding this to be a pretty good opportunity to offset reduced EQD earnings that I would otherwise obtain from international OW partner ticketed flights.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:50 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I'd never heard of Honor Flights until this thread. Glad to learn about them and my hat is off to AS for creating this program and to you, missydarlin, and the others who play the parts in it you choose to play. My career military dad was a veteran of both the Korean and Vietnam Wars, and I know what an experience like this would have meant to him. (Even though he never would have let on, of course.)
AS didn't create the program. Its a nationwide nonprofit organization. The Puget sound chapter that i volunteer with flies out of SEA on AS 4+ times a year. I actually found out about them when I was volunteering at the USO. I believe there are 120+ other Honor Flight "hubs" around the country.

I absolutely love that the company and my fellow employees supports Honor Flight, and that we now have 3 salute to service liveries.

There's always a big homecoming celebration and I have in the past posted the date here in case people want to come shake hands or cheer. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Now back to the discount...9 hours left!!
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy
Totally allowed. I'm an on again off again MVP but with all the travel I've canceled in 2020, had a pretty healthy balance in my wallet so with this sale I've gone crazy with I fares and will be MVPG by the end of January. My job is stressful enough, I don't need the stress of space available travel so that's a benefit I very rarely use.
Amen to that. Despite all the missed flights and other travails, non-rev travel was awesome as a young family introducing the kids to the world. Nowadays, if I ever fly stand-by again it will be too soon.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
AS didn't create the program. Its a nationwide nonprofit organization. The Puget sound chapter that i volunteer with flies out of SEA on AS 4+ times a year. I actually found out about them when I was volunteering at the USO. I believe there are 120+ other Honor Flight "hubs" around the country.

I absolutely love that the company and my fellow employees supports Honor Flight, and that we now have 3 salute to service liveries.

There's always a big homecoming celebration and I have in the past posted the date here in case people want to come shake hands or cheer. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Now back to the discount...9 hours left!!
I'll keep an eye out for posts about homecoming celebrations, thank you. Thanks too for the link; found this on the 'About' page:

The Honor Flight Network program was conceived by Earl Morse, a physician assistant and retired Air Force Captain. Earl, who was working at a VA clinic in Ohio in May 2004, when the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. was completed.
Several years too late for my dad to have participated, but Ohio is where we sprang from. Please suggest to the org that we be able to donate RDM to the cause as well. Just made an OTC in the meantime.

And yes, 9 hours to go. Trying now to book as many flights with my college-age daughters on their school breaks as possible, even though they're non-committal and "might have other plans" when those dates finally get here. I have to wave itins involving HI or AK in front of them to get a text back. Typical.
missydarlin likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
This is really a welcome gift, need to do a lot of back and forth in Jan/Feb to help out with family and have one child returning to school. This is making our life a bit easier (and cheaper). Love the fact that SEA-PSP prices out at $80 one way in F, that is really nice.
Sorry, when exactly? I send my business partner on this RT all the time, and I can't find a segment under $106 (which is still great) in that date range using google flights...TIA
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by DaveH
Sorry, when exactly? I send my business partner on this RT all the time, and I can't find a segment under $106 (which is still great) in that date range using google flights...TIA
You get to $80 by using the 30% off promo on one of the $109 F fares found in Jan/Feb.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I have the same question.... I just rebooked 12 flights and in many cases got F for my wife and I for the same or less than main cabin.

I am also looking at a mileage run as I saw the article in TPG about becoming Emerald in OneWorld for 2022 so want to hit MVP75/OW Emerald for some heavy international travel in 2022. I am PDX based and the only same day transcon mileage run I can really find is PDX/EWR/PDX.. Arrives EWR 3:30 and leaves EWR 5:30. But its $219 each way in F any way I search (yes, cheaper than U upgrades). Does anyone know of better deals nonstop from PDX? MCO you cant turn in one day.
For PDX based, probably FLL & AUS are your optimal options. You can do 24-hours turn (either same day for AUS or red eye for FLL). You can also do a same-day rt for MCO but it is more expensive than FLL.
Booking First Class will definitely save you time, but it also reduces your mileage run RDM earning (cuz you fly less miles to reach 75k status). Personally I try to balance between time, RDM & $$$. I just booked 9 rt (5 in First, 4 in R class) for 3.2cpm EQM
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:39 pm

Booked another, thought about booking more but it looks like prices spike up once May rolls around. I'm guessing this is when folks anticipate things will open up again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.