Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I actually just bought two tickets to PSP in F for myself 😬. It’s a sweet deal and a great Christmas present for my husband.
the fact that you’re going to PSP by yourself 2x is a great present for him?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:19 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
To answer a couple questions from upthread.

There are 17 department codes out there., plus mine. At least one person on Twitter found all of them

My code results get added to the rest of my department for the friendly competition. But I have seen the breakout results for QUEENJEAN and its pretty outstanding.

Thanks to all of you for your support...regardless of whose code you used. Its all going to the same bottom line ❤
skyblue, AS Flyer, beckoa and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I actually just bought two tickets to PSP in F for myself 😬. It’s a sweet deal and a great Christmas present for my husband.
I also bought tickets to PSP!
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Same, but for some reason I was under the impression these were single-use per MP account. Just confirmed that's not the case. Doh! So nevermind. I don't need further codes. (I was also under the impression that QUEENJEAN is the only code out there for an individual. Because royalty.)

Edit: P.S. While Googling for more codes, I found three or four sites (including a news story at the front page of this site) that all provide only the code QUEENJEAN, so missydarling's quest for Eternal Glory might be within reach.
wait...what other sites?
I know I got a mention along with other codes on TPG...but who else?
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I wonder how many AS employees have earned elite status due to paid tickets? I assume it's allowed, correct? Although I never see Missy or AS Flyer report in the upgrade success thread...
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
wait...what other sites?
I know I got a mention along with other codes on TPG...but who else?
This Google search currently reveals a few: "Alaska Airlines 'QUEENJEAN'", including 这家航司又给大家送惊喜,全网机票通通七折.

Edit: There were others besides. Did various searches using "Alaska Airlines Friends and Family 30%" and one or more of the codes. A couple I came across were coupon code-type sites.
missydarlin likes this.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Dec 18, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I wonder how many AS employees have earned elite status due to paid tickets? I assume it's allowed, correct? Although I never see Missy or AS Flyer report in the upgrade success thread...
Yes its allowed. I made Gold once a couple years ago, and am currently MVP. I've been getting most of my EQM from doing Honor Flights, where I can't accept upgrades because I have to stay with my assigned veterans.
Eastbay1K, boxo and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:56 am

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Exclamation URGENT! 30% off lowest AS fare discount, expire today!

Just spreading some Christmas cheer with a huge discount on an Alaska Airlines flights for next year.

If you book by 11:59pm PST on 12/19 and use discount code CARELINE on
www.alaskaair.com/careline, you get 30% off future travel.

Don’t worry if you’re not ready to travel just yet, you can fly any time between Jan 5 through August 31. Great deal for mileage runs too.
No change or cancelation fees.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nall
There were some insanely good deals out there. If this wasn't ending tonight, I suspect I might have booked more. Anyway, thanks AS, hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
Yeah, I've been booking and changing stuff last minute- I apparently didn't realize this extended another date either

To answer a couple questions from upthread.

There are 17 department codes out there., plus mine. At least one person on Twitter found all of them

My code results get added to the rest of my department for the friendly competition. But I have seen the breakout results for QUEENJEAN and its pretty outstanding.

Thanks to all of you for your support...regardless of whose code you used. Its all going to the same bottom line ❤

I sense a trend here... never been to PSP- might need to check it out.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Anyone else using this to get AA PlatPro or EPlat? I routed a trip from Hnl-Bos-Anc-Hnl (few other stops) in first for $1709 and it nets me over $4000 AA EQD. Not seeing a whole lot better out there.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Totally allowed. I'm an on again off again MVP but with all the travel I've canceled in 2020, had a pretty healthy balance in my wallet so with this sale I've gone crazy with I fares and will be MVPG by the end of January. My job is stressful enough, I don't need the stress of space available travel so that's a benefit I very rarely use.
missydarlin, pmblinn and williwaw like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Anyone else using this to get AA PlatPro or EPlat? I routed a trip from Hnl-Bos-Anc-Hnl (few other stops) in first for $1709 and it nets me over $4000 AA EQD. Not seeing a whole lot better out there.
Yeah, I was going to be quite short on EQDs for requalification. Not anymore.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SOCguy
Totally allowed. I'm an on again off again MVP but with all the travel I've canceled in 2020, had a pretty healthy balance in my wallet so with this sale I've gone crazy with I fares and will be MVPG by the end of January. My job is stressful enough, I don't need the stress of space available travel so that's a benefit I very rarely use.
Excellent- another 11 months to reach G75K.
SOCguy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by beckoa
I sense a trend here... never been to PSP- might need to check it out.
My parents are there during the winter and I have been there on and off this Fall/Winter. There are definitely pockets of the valley that are very mellow (and where people are super careful and I felt very safe) and others where you would probably want to avoid. In general, I found those large country clubs in Rancho Mirage were the best, there is a lot of square footage of space and mostly older couples in the units around you so it just feels less crowded. Palm Springs was crazy in November, restaurants not following rules, patrons not even wearing masks into the place. El Paseo in Palm Desert was fine in early November (dead, I would actually say) and then the Angelinos arrived for Thanksgiving and it went to crazytown. I would say there are plenty reasonably priced houses or large country club condos where you can get plenty of room and be very isolated. I also found the grocery stores were relatively empty the last hour they were open so was shopping then.

The one thing I would caution is that under the current rules, the hotels are not allowed to accept reservations for anyone arriving for tourism or other non essential visits and even the airbnb and VRBO rules are that anything under 30 days shouldnt be allowed. No idea if that will be in place still in January, but check carefully when you book your lodging to make sure you wont be out of luck.
AS Flyer and NoLaGent like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by stephem
...The one thing I would caution is that under the current rules, the hotels are not allowed to accept reservations for anyone arriving for tourism or other non essential visits and even the airbnb and VRBO rules are that anything under 30 days shouldnt be allowed. No idea if that will be in place still in January, but check carefully when you book your lodging to make sure you wont be out of luck.
This is good advice and something anyone visiting CA needs to be aware of. But to clarify, out of state visitors are allowed to come in and stay, but there's a 14 day minimum stay requirement with quarantine. This will be reassessed in So. Cal on January 4th, and only revised if ICU bed capacity meets or exceeds 15%. The Bay Area clock reset to January 7th, with the same restrictions. You can check the status here:

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-exc.../#icu-capacity
missydarlin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.