Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by williwaw
Reservations & Ticketing: Valid for new ticket purchases only at alaskaair.com. Discount Code cannot be applied to tickets that have already been purchased and issued.
Does that mean that one cannot cancel an existing reservation, and then use those funds to book a new ticket under this discount?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
30% off the F cabin is really quite spectacular, especially when utilized with what are already insanely low I fares in the markets I utilize.

This is the best Christmas present ever! Thanks AS!!!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:30 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
So what are the prizes for the departments whose codes get used the most (or generate the most revenue)?
Eternal glory, obvi
skyblue, beckoa, NoLaGent and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So what are the prizes for the departments whose codes get used the most (or generate the most revenue)?
The winning department gets a Chocolate Chip Cookie party with PDXPremier in the PDX Alaska Lounge!!!
AS Flyer, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: Yes
Thanks to everyone. I was able to rebook my Q1-Q3 flights and now have $7k in credits in My Wallet.
skyblue, AS Flyer, econ and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I have a feeling second place gets Steak Knives
NoLaGent, econ and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by econ
Does that mean that one cannot cancel an existing reservation, and then use those funds to book a new ticket under this discount?
One can, and I just did. Been doing so much of it after the Russ 40% off sales that I've practically got the procedure in muscle memory now.
NoLaGent and econ like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
Eternal glory, obvi
Well, then remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. Just made a booking using your code. Now to see how many others' codes I can use to help them get their wings....
missydarlin likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:09 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.

https://www.alaskaair.com/planbook?l...cert=QUEENJEAN

tom911, SanDiego1K, beckoa and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You might want to be sure of your dates. Any changes will forfeit the discount code.

Changes and Refunds: Changes and refunds may be allowed per the applicable fare rule. Refunds or cancellation of itinerary will result in the forfeiture of the discount code. Once the 'Purchase By' date has passed, any changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount. Once issued, tickets are not transferable.

James
Is there a downside though as long one flies AS with any frequency?

For example, if I pay $70 for a ticket ($30 discount off a $100 ticket) under one of the discount codes and I need to cancel/change after the promo ends, wouldn't I still have a $70 credit to use towards a new ticket?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by missydarlin

https://www.alaskaair.com/planbook?l...cert=QUEENJEAN

So many codes, so little time...I'm going to have this going through my head all night:

AS Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:22 pm

This almost feels like an Ebay auction in reverse, or when all the kids in the neighborhood are selling the same calendar for fundraising and you end up with 7 calendars.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Is there a downside though as long one flies AS with any frequency?

For example, if I pay $70 for a ticket ($30 discount off a $100 ticket) under one of the discount codes and I need to cancel/change after the promo ends, wouldn't I still have a $70 credit to use towards a new ticket?
Yes, you'd have the $70 back in credit if you cancel. To change, you'd have to pay the difference of whatever your new flight cost. The 30% discount won't apply to the flight you change to.
econ likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Starts December 17 at 12:01am PT through December 19 at 11:59pm PT
So we should we wait (at least) another 4.5 hours from now?

Can we get a list of all codes? Looking to be totally unbaised here, and would like to pick the best codename from the entire list.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
So we should we wait (at least) another 4.5 hours from now?

Can we get a list of all codes? Looking to be totally unbaised here, and would like to pick the best codename from the entire list.
They seem to have activated it early. It's like we have a VIP pre-purchase window. I've made three 30% off bookings successfully with three different codes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.