Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:35 am

I was off one day in my head..I thought this offer expired on Sunday at midnight, not Saturday midnight. I missed this offer, oh well.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:37 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Finkface
I think Queen Missy might have cleaned up just from FT alone. I would love to hear how each department stacked up if @missydarlin is able to share some stats without giving away anything confidential. But I think this promo did what it was supposed to which was drive sales.
With the help of QJ, my division placed 3rd - Results were calculated as Total Revenue/Number of employees in the division.

On an individual level, my personal goal for QJ was to drive more total revenue than at least one other division.

It ended up ahead of 5 other divisions

Thanks again to everyone who supported and promoted the offer as a whole.

~MissyD
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
With the help of QJ, my division placed 3rd - Results were calculated as Total Revenue/Number of employees in the division.
I used QUEENJEAN for about 3K worth of trips, but I really struggled with it, because MEATBALL is just a fantastic coupon code.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
I used QUEENJEAN for about 3K worth of trips, but I really struggled with it, because MEATBALL is just a fantastic coupon code.
MEATBALL was definitely my second-favorite code
SOCguy, NoLaGent and joachimm like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

On an individual level, my personal goal for QJ was to drive more total revenue than at least one other division.

It ended up ahead of 5 other divisions

Thanks again to everyone who supported and promoted the offer as a whole.

~MissyD
So which division placed 1st?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
MEATBALL was definitely my second-favorite code
I don't know...I still wish one of the divisions would have picked either COOKIEMONSTER or my personal favorite, PDXPREMIER.
AS Flyer, overshare and anteater like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Booked a total of five tickets between HNL and SEA/PDX for myself and family, all in first, at an average cost of $650. Not bad. Yeah, I could have booked in back and probably gotten upgraded on some of them, but I haven't yet exhausted my wallet funds, I'll have a shot at making 75K, and I don't mind sending AS a little extra revenue to lock in the front of the bus, especially at those prices.
tobikosan, pcoll and joachimm like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I don't know...I still wish one of the divisions would have picked either COOKIEMONSTER or my personal favorite, PDXPREMIER.
Isn't Celebrity Status ineligible? That would have disadvantaged the other divisions. Perhaps the prowess of Flyer Talk warmed cookie aficionados in maximizing value resulted in the penultimate outcome. Now, MEATBALL is a meatier, saliva gland and dopamine inducing code that might have faired better in approaching the Pinnacle.

James
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Thanks Thichbay, I did find some earlier in 2021 FLL RTs that leave PDX 7am, arrive 345 and leave 530ish for$117 each way in F.
Wow, $117 in F for a transcon flight is absolutely amazing! The best price I could find for a transcon in F was ~ $170-180. Oh well, I'll try harder next time.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So which division placed 1st?
Inflight was first in total revenue generated and Labor was first in revenue per employee (which was total revenue / by number of employees in department). Inflight is (I'm pretty sure) the second largest department at Alaska so a large number was expected but it was pretty substantial. Labor is a pretty small department so their contributions were pretty significant - they were significantly higher per employee than any other department. As I mentioned before, it was a light hearted competition - we all want our company to not only survive but also to thrive - so it was never about "the prize", rather a desire to make sure we all continue to have great jobs at a great company that we really do love. The "prize", in case anyone was interested, turns out to be a "virtual" celebratory event. I have no idea what that means. Congrats to Missy for generating substantial revenue for a single employee - I'm pretty sure, if that were a category, she would be the clear winner by a long shot.

MOST OF ALL - THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU that also want to see us thrive and do well and helped us out by betting on the future and buying some tickets. When times are better I propose a "doo" so we can meet up and cheers to all of us!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Inflight was first in total revenue generated and Labor was first in revenue per employee (which was total revenue / by number of employees in department). Inflight is (I'm pretty sure) the second largest department at Alaska so a large number was expected but it was pretty substantial. Labor is a pretty small department so their contributions were pretty significant - they were significantly higher per employee than any other department. As I mentioned before, it was a light hearted competition - we all want our company to not only survive but also to thrive - so it was never about "the prize", rather a desire to make sure we all continue to have great jobs at a great company that we really do love. The "prize", in case anyone was interested, turns out to be a "virtual" celebratory event. I have no idea what that means. Congrats to Missy for generating substantial revenue for a single employee - I'm pretty sure, if that were a category, she would be the clear winner by a long shot.

MOST OF ALL - THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU that also want to see us thrive and do well and helped us out by betting on the future and buying some tickets. When times are better I propose a "doo" so we can meet up and cheers to all of us!
ASFlyer I’m sure you’ve posted this before but where are you based? I’ll have to time my connections one of these days to try to get your flight!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS
I booked 10 trips with the F and F sale. Glad to see many were able to reap the benefits of our “shopping spree”. It is nice to have some travel on the books and looking forward to being in the air again.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer

Inflight definitely brought home the bacon for us all. Well done to you!! ✈️ ♥ ✈️
skyblue, AS Flyer, beckoa and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Inflight definitely brought home the bacon for us all. Well done to you!! ✈️ ♥ ✈️
May I suggest COOKIEPURVEYORS for inflight should we all be blessed with a repeat performance?

James
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
May I suggest COOKIEPURVEYORS for inflight should we all be blessed with a repeat performance?

James
I'm surprised no one suggested LIEFLATDREAMER.
AS Flyer and Flying for Fun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.