Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by tobikosan
So the costco discount card would have to be turned into a ticket then cancelled and made into a wallet fund to be then turned into the miles?
The T&C states the following:
This offer is intended to apply only to wallet funds which existed prior to November 3, 2020, and is not intended to apply to wallet funds created on or after November 3, 2020. If you acquire wallet credit due to acquisition or receipt of a gift certificate which was purchased on or after November 3, 2020, or due to canceling travel which was booked after November 3, 2020, and exchange that wallet credit for Miles in violation of this condition of the offer, we will reverse the transaction, remove the Miles from your account, and re-issue the amount exchanged as wallet credit.

The Costco offer was first mentioned here on 11/5. If it did in fact exist before the 3rd, I suppose you could have used this approach.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:44 pm

Does Converting Gift Certs acquired before 11/3 qualify?

I have about $1200 (120,000 miles equivalent) spread out among 8 different certs that I acquired from 3 different canceled trips this spring/summer. The tickets were purchased/canceled back in March. I have always requested certificates instead of "my wallet" so I can use those certificates for all 4 members of my family depending upon who is buying a ticket (2 of the 4 of us are CC holders and have companion fares, so I found it easier to use the certificates).

Would my situation qualify? I assume it would, since T&C read, "This offer is not intended to apply to new purchases of gift certificates occurring during the offer period. If you acquire a gift certificate during the offer period, or receive a gift certificate acquired during the offer period, and exchange that gift certificate for Miles in violation of this condition of the offer, we will reverse the transaction, remove the Miles from your account, and re-issue the amount exchanged as wallet credit"

However, I acquired these gift certificates months ago, but I would be depositing them now during the eligible period. As a test, I deposited one certificate (had one for $.40 - don't ask why), and it did deposit and is eligible to transfer as 40 miles.

Also can I deposit my certificates in various family members accounts to top them off? The certificates came from 2 of us who purchased the tix, although all 4 of us were travelers. I'd like to deposit those certs in the accounts of the 2 members who don't have the CC since their mileage balances are low. Just don't want it end up being reversed and deposited as my wallet funds in those 2 accounts, since then I wouldn't even be able to use it with the companion fares since those companion fare codes would reside the other 2 peoples accounts.
Hope that makes sense!
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
If you have a refundable ticket. Can you choose to get credits instead an immediate refund , not buying many tickets. WOuld like to set up a reservation, then cancel the reservation and wait for a year to see if the offer comes again. If no offer comes I would just start the refund process if an offer comes , jackpot.....
anything missing ?
thanks
JR
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by juergenritz
If you have a refundable ticket. Can you choose to get credits instead an immediate refund , not buying many tickets. WOuld like to set up a reservation, then cancel the reservation and wait for a year to see if the offer comes again. If no offer comes I would just start the refund process if an offer comes , jackpot.....
anything missing ?
thanks
JR
I believe the T&C state that anyone who deposits funds in my wallet from a flight they purchased during this time frame and then cancel, can have their points reversed. so while I think it's possible you run the risk of it backfiring.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alaska
> $4k in Wallet, do I really want 400k miles?

We cancelled two family trips earlier this year and have over $4100 miles in our wallet, that expire on 7/5/21. I got the offer, have the same concerns about potential devaluation, but given that we are unlikely to be ready to travel by July (or even book air travel), I'm tempted to redeem the offer for at least some of the cash. We also have six companion fares that expire at the end of this year that I'd love to be able to redeem, but that seems like a long shot.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
Just a thought - you can use them as a discount for the same value if you want to "convert" them back to a miles and cash ticket. You get full EQM/miles earning on the fare purchased......so if they start devaluing partners etc....you can always get your value back partially.....20k miles at a time.
be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
So-- I got this offer to "Convert your wallet funds and get a bonus" last August. It was a 50% bonus, and I took it. In my Alaska wallet transaction history, it shows 08/27/2020 Funds Exchanged: $xxxx.xx Credit Certificate , however, the funds were supposed to be available beginning yesterday, July 1, and they haven't hit yet. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ps9a
So-- I got this offer to "Convert your wallet funds and get a bonus" last August. It was a 50% bonus, and I took it. In my Alaska wallet transaction history, it shows 08/27/2020 Funds Exchanged: $xxxx.xx Credit Certificate , however, the funds were supposed to be available beginning yesterday, July 1, and they haven't hit yet. Anyone else in a similar situation?
I don't understand- you converted funds to miles in August 2020, but the funds you converted into miles are supposed to be available almost a year later? I'm rather confused by the sequence of events.

Note the thread title is "Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles"...

Oh, I see, the thread title is bogus, because there are two different offers being discussed...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jul 3, 2021 at 10:27 pm
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I don't understand- you converted funds to miles in August 2020, but the funds you converted into miles are supposed to be available almost a year later? I'm rather confused by the sequence of events.

Note the thread title is "Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles"...

Oh, I see, the thread title is bogus, because there are two different offers being discussed...
Yup. Took a bonus for deferring wallet funds for ~ 10 months. Just not a fan of starting new threads, as it seemed like it was discussed at length in this thread already. My wallet funds hit today for anyone curious. Apparently, not a lot of FTers took advantage of this. 50% tax-free ROI in < a year did seem suspicious.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.