Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SEA Transit From QR - Aeromexico Interline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Qatar, Turkish, Delta

Hi
I am flying into SEA with QR and connecting to Alaskan on a QR ticket - one world emerald.... I hope you can give me a few pointers....

1. Bag drop at SEA after international arrivals - I guess Alaska have a desk
2. Do Alaskan interline with AeroMexico on separate tickets - I have another connection in LAX
3. What's the best lounge when coming from international arrivals and connecting to a LAX flight. (having both pp and one world access)
4. I don't think any of the lounges have showers...
5. Any tips for boarding... time to gate, TSA etc....

Anyone interested in my first timer experience, I can let you know next week!
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Richyrichdavid
Hi
I am flying into SEA with QR and connecting to Alaskan on a QR ticket - one world emerald.... I hope you can give me a few pointers....

2. Do Alaskan interline with AeroMexico on separate tickets - I have another connection in LAX
3. What's the best lounge when coming from international arrivals and connecting to a LAX flight. (having both pp and one world access)

1. You need to go through customs regardless and recheck bags

2. No

3. As you are arriving INTO LAX and connecting from LAX on a non-OW flight you will not have OW lounge access, per OW rules

4. Irrelevant because of 3, although if you have PP your best bet would be the KAL lounge when it opens. If you were connecting into a OW flight, FL and OWE lounge have showers but who knows when it opens. Not sure when you’re flying you didn’t specify.

5. Not relevant to this thread but it would be helpful to know your itinerary and which airports you’re talking about...
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Qatar, Turkish, Delta
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
1. You need to go through customs regardless and recheck bags

2. No

3. As you are arriving INTO LAX and connecting from LAX on a non-OW flight you will not have OW lounge access, per OW rules

4. Irrelevant because of 3, although if you have PP your best bet would be the KAL lounge when it opens. If you were connecting into a OW flight, FL and OWE lounge have showers but who knows when it opens. Not sure when you’re flying you didn’t specify.

5. Not relevant to this thread but it would be helpful to know your itinerary and which airports you’re talking about...
Sorry..... Yes it's just Seattle and Los Angeles.... I'm flying AM premier and have delta medallion so can use a lounge in Lax.... I'm on the midnight flight so wondering how to kill time if Delta don't accept an early bag drop for AM. I thought I'd leave to the nearby neighborhood shopping area. It's my first time travelling during Covid times to USA
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:15 pm

Hi

Most LAX questions can be answered at the flyLAX website https://www.flylax.com/
adding a little color to the LAX picture you have a south to nort side connection, which is currently the most troublesome with all the construction. Don't think you can cut across the middle of the horseshoe so you have to either walk counterclockwise around from 6 to Bradley to 2 or you can take the airline connection bus. Once you check in at 2 areo Mexico departs from TBIT so that is either a walk to TBIT to clear security or they might have you clear security at T2 and get bused.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
How is DL involved in this? If it's SEA-AS-LAX-AM-MEX, then you would check in at LAX with AM not DL.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Sorry..... Yes it's just Seattle and Los Angeles.... I'm flying AM premier and have delta medallion so can use a lounge in Lax.... I'm on the midnight flight so wondering how to kill time if Delta don't accept an early bag drop for AM. I thought I'd leave to the nearby neighborhood shopping area. It's my first time travelling during Covid times to USA
The DL lounge at LAX is excellent and will have showers in when things are fully open
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
SEA=Alaska Airlines N Lounge, it's the best of the bunch.

LAX=check-in w/AM, access to DL SkyClub in T2. You should download AM's app to get your BP electronically while traveling.

Originally Posted by channa
How is DL involved in this? If it's SEA-AS-LAX-AM-MEX, then you would check in at LAX with AM not DL.
He was talking about lounge access as well, which will be DL SkyClub in T2.
channa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.