Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Got the offer, if only they would count some towards EQM.... then I'd be interested.
jjmadison and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by safari ari
Got the offer, if only they would count some towards EQM.... then I'd be interested.
I went to cancel some flights and rebook with miles, however, that plus the fact that most of them were bought with 40% promo codes made it no longer worth it. Still, I was able to cancel a more "expensive" trip around the holidays that I booked in Y and rebook in F with a 25K award.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by safari ari
yep - would rather save the $$ in wallet for EQM next year when it matters. I've got a fair amount of miles anyhow, so not super interested in this offer unless my wallet balances start coming up on expiration dates.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K
I took the bait and exchanged just over $1,000 in wallet funds to 100k RDM. Despite not being able to spend that towards EQM, a round trip in business class to Asia on Cathay or JAL from the US for "$1,000" is a sweet deal.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Am cogitating on this but very likely to do it....given we have no firm idea when travel will be safe or not or, even, possible and those wallet bucks have far less "life" than miles.....yep, thinkin' this will happen.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by kileysmom
Am cogitating on this but very likely to do it....given we have no firm idea when travel will be safe or not or, even, possible and those wallet bucks have far less "life" than miles.....yep, thinkin' this will happen.
I am leaning the same way. EQM for me usually comes from OPM, so with no work travel options anytime soon.... I might just bag these.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:33 am

It is tempting since miles will not expire like wallet funds. Of course AS is the real winner if enough people take them up on it since it reduces their cash liability since miles don't really have a cash value even though I think they are required to assign a value for accounting purposes.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Here is the press release from AS today:
https://investor.alaskaair.com/news-...t-credit-miles
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
It is tempting since miles will not expire like wallet funds. Of course AS is the real winner if enough people take them up on it since it reduces their cash liability since miles don't really have a cash value even though I think they are required to assign a value for accounting purposes.
Without activity in you MP account, those miles will expire in 24 months. It may be tempting for some that are not frequent AS flyers. I am sure there will be some spoilage.

James
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Kinda mad about this just bought $900 worth of tickets. We can’t exchange

l
This offer is not intended to apply to new purchases of gift certificates occurring during the offer period. If you acquire a gift certificate during the offer period, or receive a gift certificate acquired during the offer period, and exchange that gift certificate for Miles in violation of this condition of the offer, we will reverse the transaction, remove the Miles from your account, and re-issue the amount exchanged as wallet credit.”
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Reading the T&Cs, good thing they added this note:

This offer is not intended to apply to new purchases of gift certificates occurring during the offer period. If you acquire a gift certificate during the offer period, or receive a gift certificate acquired during the offer period, and exchange that gift certificate for Miles in violation of this condition of the offer, we will reverse the transaction, remove the Miles from your account, and re-issue the amount exchanged as wallet credit.
Otherwise, could see people buying tickets and cancelling them to get a 1cpm return. I assume gift [size=13px]certificate[/size] is [size=13px]synonymous[/size] with wallet credit here.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Fantastic solution to my problem. I had $500 in my wallet that I knew I would not be able to use anytime soon because I am "stuck" in Australia due to Covid-19. Problem solved - 50,000 extra miles in my account and my expiry date reset for another two years.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Had over $2000 in wallet, converted half of them to RDM. The remaining half will be spent to get some EQM next year
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Looks like we now know which offer they're sharing with all members!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:20 pm

https://onemileatatime.com/alaska-ai...t-funds-miles/

Is that a sign of a massive deval coming at some point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.