Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
9/14/2020 AS 176, ANC-SEA, 12:15AM departure time. Epic fail. One offer of drinks and that was it. No snack basket, no offer for refills. I do not sleep well on planes so I was awake for the entire flight. I did not push the Call button because I did not want to wake other people up or call attention to myself. There were a couple of other people in first class that stayed awake through the flight and they were not offered anything else either. I understand that it was a redeye but there should’ve been a bit more from Alaska Airlines than what was offered.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Please tell me the chocolate chip cookie has returned....
Again with the cookie?? OK, PDXPremier is now officially FT Cookie Monster for this thread
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
I have seen a slow but steady increase in first service over the past month though it is not consistent. Recent travel from SEA to SBA had a very attentive flight attendant. Drinks came out quickly (limited still), the cheese plate (box), snacks then chocolate chip cookies. She came around numerous times to make sure our needs were met; First Class was 1/2 full. SBA to SEA, we had drinks and multiple rounds of the snack basket, no cheese plate or cookies. Great flight attendants both ways. This was a Skywest crew but I have been finding that both they and the AS flight crews are doing their best with what they have.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I have seen a slow but steady increase in first service over the past month though it is not consistent. Recent travel from SEA to SBA had a very attentive flight attendant. Drinks came out quickly (limited still), the cheese plate (box), snacks then chocolate chip cookies. She came around numerous times to make sure our needs were met; First Class was 1/2 full. SBA to SEA, we had drinks and multiple rounds of the snack basket, no cheese plate or cookies. Great flight attendants both ways. This was a Skywest crew but I have been finding that both they and the AS flight crews are doing their best with what they have.
Did you ask where the cheese plate was? Was pre-order available for your flight/was it during meal hours?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I assume they don't have catering in SBA so both flights are catered in SEA....sounds like a catering error in SEA.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
9/14/2020 AS 176, ANC-SEA, 12:15AM departure time. Epic fail. One offer of drinks and that was it. No snack basket, no offer for refills. I do not sleep well on planes so I was awake for the entire flight. I did not push the Call button because I did not want to wake other people up or call attention to myself. There were a couple of other people in first class that stayed awake through the flight and they were not offered anything else either. I understand that it was a redeye but there should’ve been a bit more from Alaska Airlines than what was offered.
They should have had the snack basket and maybe even....wait for it....warm cookies. We had the snack basket AND warm cookies the other day on SJC-PDX which is too short for the fruit/cheese Time for a quick note to AS Listens....
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
They should have had the snack basket and maybe even....wait for it....warm cookies. We had the snack basket AND warm cookies the other day on SJC-PDX which is too short for the fruit/cheese Time for a quick note to AS Listens....
I think we should all pitch in and send PDXPremier a year's supply of individually wrapped cookies in small papper bags folded into airplane shapes with monogrammed stickers for closure. Does anyone have a source for a used airplane oven?

When company arrives, they could be served on an aerodynamically optimized platter, plated perfectly to maximize aero'ma and prevent premature cooling.

James
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Flying on AS955 right now. LAS-SEA, 730pm departure.

Chicken curry wrap or C&F plate offered. Went with wrap. Pretty good! I'm glad AS is adding options to F service.

edit: snack basket was passed around soon after...just once during the flight though. No cookie offered. Was not proactively asked for a refills either.

tom911, chrisl137 and RAD_PDX like this.

Last edited by atcanobbio; Sep 17, 2020 at 12:58 am
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
It was indeed chocolate chip, warmed in the bag and slightly falling apart.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I must have had that *evil nut cookie* on Monday. The FA served it perfectly warmed. I found it to be tasty, and I downed a can of Broken Earth red with it. This was, of course, after 2 Sofia cans.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I think we should all pitch in and send PDXPremier a year's supply of individually wrapped cookies in small papper bags folded into airplane shapes with monogrammed stickers for closure. Does anyone have a source for a used airplane oven?

When company arrives, they could be served on an aerodynamically optimized platter, plated perfectly to maximize aero'ma and prevent premature cooling.

James
https://cabincrewsafety.aero/stock/c...lley-oven.html
HangryDad likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I'm wondering if service is at least returning to the F cabin on these shorter flights. My LAX-SFO flight on September 13 only had water, although I did notice the FA grab a few of those green what I think were trail mix bags from the snack basket during the descent and brought them to the back of the plane. My flight earlier today SFO-LAX, the FA offered all of the drinks currently available to the F cabin and brought out the snack basket for passengers to pick from, basically what was already being done pre-COVID. Not sure if that was an exception, if they catered the flight as "close enough" to flights between 350 and 670 miles, or something else, but it was a pleasant surprise to have the FA ask what drink you wanted.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Did you ask where the cheese plate was? Was pre-order available for your flight/was it during meal hours?
No, I did not ask about the cheese platter and I assume it may have been a catering error. This on top of some cancellations through SEA and PDX I was happy to getting back when I had to. My travel has been significantly curtailed as there is nothing to do at whatever destination I was heading to (but this is changing now). So I have been flying roughly once a month and over the past few months I have seen things slowly come back, granted in First Class where I have been hitting 100% on upgrades. Expansion of drinks, expansion of food offerings, ice being available, increasing snacks, etc. I suspect there will be variations in service items but the FAs have been very attentive when I fly and if I need another beer, they are happy to get it for me. Things seem to be improving for me, but again I fly solely for pleasure and flying a lot less than others here.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Flying on AS955 right now. LAS-SEA, 730pm departure.

Chicken curry wrap or C&F plate offered. Went with wrap. Pretty good! I'm glad AS is adding options to F service.

edit: snack basket was passed around soon after...just once during the flight though. No cookie offered. Was not proactively asked for a refills either.

No cookie?!?!? I take back my "like"....LOL
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 100K
No cookie?!?!? I take back my "like"....LOL
yeah, i wonder if they forgot or was not catered. Based on the service the FA provided, I'd guess he forgot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.