Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Lol....I haven't received a chocolate bar in years....
Has it been years since you were MVPG? That might be one reason!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
My sister is currently on a flight OAK-PDX operated by SkyWest. She was upgraded to Premium, but when the FA offered drinks, she said they only had water, soda, and juice.

According to the AS site, flights over 350 miles should have beer and wine available.

She can see that F passengers have beer, so it doesn’t seem like a catering problem.

Is there some exception on the site I’m not seeing for SkyWest flights? Or is this a different problem? Have other had this?

Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
My sister is currently on a flight OAK-PDX operated by SkyWest. She was upgraded to Premium, but when the FA offered drinks, she said they only had water, soda, and juice.

According to the AS site, flights over 350 miles should have beer and wine available.

She can see that F passengers have beer, so it doesn’t seem like a catering problem.

Is there some exception on the site I’m not seeing for SkyWest flights? Or is this a different problem? Have other had this?

Thanks.
Skywest should still provide AS in-flight service.....have her drop a note to AS Listens. I got a $25 e-cert for no beverage service on a Q400 flight from PDX-SEA....the irony is that the VP of In-flight was on board and made a special presentation to the entire cabin about one of the FA on-board who was celebrating a milestone anniversary with Horizon so I would have thought the service would be beyond good with the boss on the plane, but unfortunately not....
Carfield and Bellerina like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Skywest should still provide AS in-flight service.....have her drop a note to AS Listens. I got a $25 e-cert for no beverage service on a Q400 flight from PDX-SEA....the irony is that the VP of In-flight was on board and made a special presentation to the entire cabin about one of the FA on-board who was celebrating a milestone anniversary with Horizon so I would have thought the service would be beyond good with the boss on the plane, but unfortunately not....
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll definitely encourage her to give feedback. She was on an E175 and they had drinks for F, so I really didn’t know why she didn’t have some.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond; Alaska MVP Gold
Complimentary beer or wine for MVP Gold

Does anyone know if MVP Golds are still able to get a complimentary alcoholic beverage if seated in the Main Cabin? I know beer and wine are currently listed as First and Premium only, but hoping that since there is no credit card being swiped I can still opt for the beverage on my upcoming flight to Hawaii.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Just got off a flight where the FAs were peddling the Alaska visa credit card and the various benefits. One benefit was discounts on in flight food and drink purchases. She made it a point to mention that these services would be resuming very soon.

we will see.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Just got off a flight where the FAs were peddling the Alaska visa credit card and the various benefits. One benefit was discounts on in flight food and drink purchases. She made it a point to mention that these services would be resuming very soon.

we will see.
F&C comes back in main cabin on 11/4 (pre-order required)
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
F&C comes back in main cabin on 11/4 (pre-order required)
my hunch is telling me that payment will be processed through app too.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Michele Foley
Does anyone know if MVP Golds are still able to get a complimentary alcoholic beverage if seated in the Main Cabin? I know beer and wine are currently listed as First and Premium only, but hoping that since there is no credit card being swiped I can still opt for the beverage on my upcoming flight to Hawaii.
you may. No whether everyone is on the same page as far as the policy goes, I can't say. Policy says yes, however.
pcoll and MFtraveler like this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
shame the app is glitching out...

Old Nov 3, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP
My upcoming transcon, on 11/5, does not have pre-order available...
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I will be pre-ordering the Croissant breakfast sandwich in 2 weeks for our morning flt to Maui. Assuming it's still available is there a choice of protein?
Hopefully a warm cookie and Baileys for desert.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by philemer
I will be pre-ordering the Croissant breakfast sandwich in 2 weeks for our morning flt to Maui. Assuming it's still available is there a choice of protein?
Hopefully a warm cookie and Baileys for desert.
You actually won't be. It's changing to a ham/brie wrap from the current breakfast sandwich by the time you fly, so there is protein in it, but not a choice, unless you choose to take the ham out of it. Otherwise you can pre-order the fruit & cheese plate.

You should get a cookie, but there is no Baileys, or any other spirits available. Beer & Wine only, in addition to regular beverages. Mahalo!
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
You should get a cookie, but there is no Baileys, or any other spirits available. Beer & Wine only, in addition to regular beverages. Mahalo!
One could always take Baileys filled chocolates and drop a couple in your coffee.

As far as the cookies go, if there are extra, toss them "overboard." I heard that PDXPremier is swimming to Hawai’i that day.

James
PDXPremier and pcoll like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Sorry to resurrect a thread that’s been dead for a few months, but hadn’t seen this reported recently...

Med tapas and a kids picnic pack were available for purchase today on SEA-SAN. Credit cards accepted, not just pre-order. First I’ve seen that since pandemic cutbacks. Was in first, so took my comped fruit and cheese, but the announcement was notable (to me).
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.