Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rtwise01
The SFO-AUS exclusion is interesting- SEA, PDX, SJC, and SAN all fly to AUS currently. Supposed to fly this route this weekend.
PDX-AUS ends next month....I would have thought one of the 3 non-stops from CA would have been cancelled before PDX. Are you flying SFO-AUS?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rtwise01
yes- SFO-AUS
I got a message from someone at the social media team that there is indeed snack (ie, fruit & cheese platter) service on this route and it appears to be a IT glitch, but since you're flying it this weekend, you'll be able to provide first-hand knowledge
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Late FC upgrade 2 hours before flight. Had fruit and cheese offered despite not having reserved . Complimented with a can of red wine from Broken Earth Winery.
pcoll likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xrayman
Late FC upgrade 2 hours before flight. Had fruit and cheese offered despite not having reserved . Complimented with a can of red wine from Broken Earth Winery.
1. What flight?

2. No cookie?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
1. What flight?

2. No cookie?
yes cookie.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note: A reminder that the subject of this thread is COVID-related changes to inflight service. Some off-topic posts have been moved. Thanks.

dayone. AS Moderator
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

8:15 PM flight, PDX-LAX F5/12 (Airbus), nobody in F had anyone in the neighboring seat, upgrade list cleared.

IIRC flights after 8 have usually been snack, rather than meal, so they apparently didn't cater F&C plates. The FA did come by to each F pax shortly after takeoff and drop a pile that was basically one of everything from the snack basket onto each center armrest/tray when she was taking drink orders. She also provided extras on request (at least to the guy across the aisle, who asked for an extra cookie). So if I remember it all correctly, I got bag of cheese crackers, a bag of popcorners, a two-pack of stroopwafels, a little pack of fruit and nuts, a Kind bar, and a cookie. Plus a few cups of coffee. The cookie wasn't warmed on board, but that was fine with me, since I'm saving it for morning anyway.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
8:15 PM flight, PDX-LAX F5/12 (Airbus), nobody in F had anyone in the neighboring seat, upgrade list cleared.

IIRC flights after 8 have usually been snack, rather than meal, so they apparently didn't cater F&C plates. The FA did come by to each F pax shortly after takeoff and drop a pile that was basically one of everything from the snack basket onto each center armrest/tray when she was taking drink orders. She also provided extras on request (at least to the guy across the aisle, who asked for an extra cookie). So if I remember it all correctly, I got bag of cheese crackers, a bag of popcorners, a two-pack of stroopwafels, a little pack of fruit and nuts, a Kind bar, and a cookie. Plus a few cups of coffee. The cookie wasn't warmed on board, but that was fine with me, since I'm saving it for morning anyway.
Yes, 8pm is the cut-off for the fruit and cheese plate. I know there are few remaining red-eye flights, but it seems like there should be an exception for these longer flights that are outside the hours of 5am-8pm. It is interesting that you got the cookie....I thought this was tied to the flights with the fruit and cheese plate, but I guess not.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yes, 8pm is the cut-off for the fruit and cheese plate. I know there are few remaining red-eye flights, but it seems like there should be an exception for these longer flights that are outside the hours of 5am-8pm. It is interesting that you got the cookie....I thought this was tied to the flights with the fruit and cheese plate, but I guess not.
My 9:10pm departure (SEA>BOS red eye on 8/21) had the fruit & cheese "plate" (economy buy on board packaging) catered, so there may be some exceptions, or perhaps it was just a lucky mis-cater. I asked the FAs to save mine for landing so I could have a bite to eat in Boston after landing. I can't remember if it was my LAX-SEA, or SEA-BOS (or maybe both), but cookies were also provided after the fruit and cheese on at least one of them.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
DEN-SEA
AS1177 (2:30 p.m. departure - 737-900)
Aug. 29, 2020

I enjoyed the return of the fruit and cheese platter - same as I remember. Beecher's Original, Tillamook cheddar, brie, red and green grapes, apple wedges, Partners crackers, Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Wine is also new (since I last flew AS in July): Sofia Rosé in a can. I enjoyed this and had two cans. The other choice was a red, also in a can, but I do not remember the name

Cookies were also served, not warmed on this flight, but on the return they were indeed warm. I also a nice change.

Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Kurt
DEN-SEA
AS1177 (2:30 p.m. departure - 737-900)
Aug. 29, 2020

I enjoyed the return of the fruit and cheese platter - same as I remember. Beecher's Original, Tillamook cheddar, brie, red and green grapes, apple wedges, Partners crackers, Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Wine is also new (since I last flew AS in July): Sofia Rosé in a can. I enjoyed this and had two cans. The other choice was a red, also in a can, but I do not remember the name

Cookies were also served, not warmed on this flight, but on the return they were indeed warm. I also a nice change.
Cookies look great but the fruit and cheese plate looks incredibly cheap

Last edited by dayone; Sep 2, 2020 at 10:42 pm Reason: Redacted quoted image for readability.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS
Kurt , nice to see your pics of F offerings , again. Realized how long it has been since we had “normal” flight experience. Thanks again.
Kurt likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
😶

this is the same fruit and cheese plate so many people here said they wanted even back when catering was full steam ahead during non pandemic times. It’s impossible to make people happy, isn’t it.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fly747first
Plated, it looks all gormay, but in it's native platter (yes, platter) it does look "cheap." But if it tastes the same, the glass is more than half full, even if the glass is plastic, or aluminum, as the case may be.

I expect the good folks flying some of DLs routes would gladly trade you their water and bits bag for the "incredibly cheap" humble AS offering.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
My next flights are ANC-SEA-DEN on Sept. 14. ANC-SEA is a redeye, so I don't need or expect much. But, the SEA-DEN flight is a morning flight. When I checked to see if I could order the F & C plates (or a more morning friendly option), I get the message that preorder is not available....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.