Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

September/October Schedule Changes Loading 8/15

Old Aug 15, 20, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

If you have anything booked for September or October, you might want to check your itinerary tomorrow since it appears that schedule changes are being loaded tonight. So far, I noticed the PDX-AUS non-stop is no longer available for booking after August 30th...the evening SEA-MSY flight in October is gone as well.
pcoll likes this.
Old Aug 15, 20, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
Thank you for the notification!
Old Aug 16, 20, 12:47 am

Programs: AS G75K, Hilton Diamond
Ugh. The 2nd Atlanta flight got cancelled. I wished they would have left the late night and not kept the 8am.
Old Aug 16, 20, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rune87 View Post
Ugh. The 2nd Atlanta flight got cancelled. I wished they would have left the late night and not kept the 8am.
Seems like there won't be nearly as many eastbound PM flights at least for the next two months.
Old Aug 16, 20, 1:12 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
RNO-SEA chopped from 4 per day to 3 per day
RNO-PDX chopped from 4 per day to 2 per day

Southwest now serving RNO-SEA nonstop again after years of dumping that route. Hopefully Alaska doesn't pull out of RNO as I like their connections to YVR and GEG among others.

Alaska has already cut a number of RNO flights the past year; BOI; SJC.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Aug 16, 20, 1:19 am

Programs: AS G75K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Seems like there won't be nearly as many eastbound PM flights at least for the next two months.
This is the westbound which I'm guessing is a crew rest item. Leaves Seattle at 810am. Leaves ATL at 8am.
Old Aug 16, 20, 9:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
E175ís are loaded for ANC-FAI and SEA-ANC. Looks like a mix of 737ís and Embraerís on ANC-FAI and one SEA-ANC turn is going to the Embraer. The AKN/DLG flights on the E175 have been loaded for a while now.

They sent one to AK earlier this week to do proving runs. It went to ANC, AKN, DLG, CDV, YAK, SIT, and KTN.
Old Aug 16, 20, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVP
Both our flights got cancelled. One September and one for October.
Not going to ask for refund.....was able to get both of these in F with BOGO promotion.
just accepting new flight times /change for same day . 2 1/2 hours earlier, not that big a deal.
thanks for the heads up..was able to get seats we wanted.
...guess this will continue through the end of the year.

Last edited by pcoll; Aug 16, 20 at 3:41 pm
Old Aug 16, 20, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75k, DL DM, UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
RNO-SEA chopped from 4 per day to 3 per day
RNO-PDX chopped from 4 per day to 2 per day

Southwest now serving RNO-SEA nonstop again after years of dumping that route. Hopefully Alaska doesn't pull out of RNO as I like their connections to YVR and GEG among others.

Alaska has already cut a number of RNO flights the past year; BOI; SJC.
Yes, not good news. Plus the dreaded Q400 is back on some of the RNO flights

Better I suppose to reduce flights and downgrade equipment rather than completely cancel the service as is happening to some smaller airports. AA direct to LAX from RNO is now non existent for many months into the future.
Old Aug 16, 20, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
If you have anything booked for September or October, you might want to check your itinerary tomorrow since it appears that schedule changes are being loaded tonight. So far, I noticed the PDX-AUS non-stop is no longer available for booking after August 30th...the evening SEA-MSY flight in October is gone as well.
My SEA-CUN flights were adjusted to cut 4-5 hours off the first and last days of my vacation (if I end up going). What a bummer! Should I count on these changes sticking, or will there continue to be (major) adjustments, do you think?
Old Aug 16, 20, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by ccqueenanne View Post
My SEA-CUN flights were adjusted to cut 4-5 hours off the first and last days of my vacation (if I end up going). What a bummer! Should I count on these changes sticking, or will there continue to be (major) adjustments, do you think?
I would continue to monitor your flights. I regularly "garden" my reservations for changes. Changes can happen at any time but, Saturday night seems to be when a majority of changes are made.
Old Aug 16, 20, 4:58 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
MSO-PDX cut completely. Not a huge deal stopping in SEA but I thought part of CARES is they had to keep routes until at least 30Sep?
Old Aug 16, 20, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by DG206 View Post
MSO-PDX cut completely. Not a huge deal stopping in SEA but I thought part of CARES is they had to keep routes until at least 30Sep?
They have to keep flying between city pairs but it doesn't have to be a non stop. So a direct flight with a stop in SEA is still ok under CARES .
DG206 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 20, 7:59 pm

Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP
My SAN-HNL flights in October were adjusted slightly but I'm betting that I'm not gonna fly those anyway considering the lock down in Hawaii now. I had a September MCO-SAN flight lose the non-stop so I'll cancel that because I'm not gonna route through Seattle to get home.

My November SAN-MCO R/T had a slight change but nothing unreasonable. I've never cancelled and re-booked so many flights in my life. I joke about it with the agents on the phone. We'll never forget 2020.
Old Aug 16, 20, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post
My SAN-HNL flights in October were adjusted slightly but I'm betting that I'm not gonna fly those anyway considering the lock down in Hawaii now. I had a September MCO-SAN flight lose the non-stop so I'll cancel that because I'm not gonna route through Seattle to get home.

My November SAN-MCO R/T had a slight change but nothing unreasonable. I've never cancelled and re-booked so many flights in my life. I joke about it with the agents on the phone. We'll never forget 2020.
With the 50% EQM bonus, I would fly MCO-SEA-SAN in a heart beat....since its a schedule change, you don't even have to pay for the higher priced connection.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: