Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Need 25K miles by 12/31 to get MVPG , suggestions please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 25K miles by 12/31 to get MVPG , suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by pbd456
if traveling in F or J is required, why not book it in the first place?
Availability?
jonnyz1245 and thegingninj like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Delta claimed that they cut award redeposit for platinum Silver and Gold due to abuse
fixed that ... Plat and Diamond still have no-fee redeposit; the change that affected everyone is that NO award tix can be refunded or changed within 72 hrs of departure
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767

fixed that ... Plat and Diamond still have no-fee redeposit; the change that affected everyone is that NO award tix can be refunded or changed within 72 hrs of departure
Although, they have been known to make exceptions to this rule when there are travel issues due to certain unforseen circumstances (injury, illness, death in the family, etc.)
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:26 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
That issue was apparently people holding seats J seats and then releasing them last minute to improve the chance of their upgrade instruments clearing.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

if traveling in F or J is required, why not book it in the first place?

If you read the thread I am sure you can find the answer. I know I have mentioned it several times and another poster just gave the short version
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
When did they move their phone centre out of Seattle?

James
Do they have one? Every time I call, it's Boise or Phoenix. If they have one in Seattle it must be pretty minimal? I never get routed there.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
With AS or can it be with a partner?

If it has to be on AS metal, start flying SEA-OGG-SEA-JFK-SEA-OGG-SEA... on I/P fares, and don't stop...
On AS. I have a bunch of AA and UR points but need Alaska miles. What are I/P fares? Lol @ don't stop
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I and P are discounted First Class inventory
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
Although, they have been known to make exceptions to this rule when there are travel issues due to certain unforseen circumstances (injury, illness, death in the family, etc.)
I seem to remember Delta did cancel award redeposit for platinum at one point in time and claiming due to abuse (I was Delta plat and diamond on and off for 7 to 8 years). And they gave 2 waivers for plat or something like that.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Do they have one? Every time I call, it's Boise or Phoenix. If they have one in Seattle it must be pretty minimal? I never get routed there.
I often get a Seattle based agent, in fact, I almost never get a Phoenix agent anymore, it is Boise or Seattle for me.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Of course they do. My last call to AS was answered by a Seattle agent. Great customer service as usual too. I am traveling next week with a friend who has no staus on a separate PNR. I requested that he be moved into an Elite seat so we could travel together. The system wouldn't allow the agent to do it but the Supervisor was happy to accommodate and did the override within 2 minutes.

The last agent I spoke to in Phoenix was working from home. Based on that, I am not going to "assume" that there isn't a brick & mortar call centre in Phoenix. Similarly, you shouldn't "assume" Seattle doesn't have a call centre because you have never been routed there.

James
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:01 pm

The fare basis is one half Y, and one half J. don't you agree.
No! the itinerary was made up of three separate record locators on three different fare basis, 1 Y, 2 J. Still 33% on that basis. Even if it was two fare basis, you are assuming that each fare basis covered the same number of flight segments; otherwise you would be skewing the actual flights flown by not weighting them appropriately. One fare basis for a single Y flight and one fare basis for 5 J flights does not mean 1/2 your flights were in Y! Don't you agree? If I flew BLI-SEA(AS)-NRT(JL) you could certainly argue that 1/2 your flights were on AS but you can't argue that the 92 miles from BLI-SEA is half your miles flown.

James
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyz1245
If I can find a similar fare as your 8 segment RTW, I will jump on it for 34K EQM @ $1.6K

Cheers!
Here you go! Almost 36K EQM and 80K RDM for MVPG Elite out of LAX all for $1819, 6 Flights 2Y, FJ, 2PE, SQ, 2J, FJ. Fly PE LAX-SIN-LAX for $1098 on SQ. On your stopover in SIN fly I/R SIN-NAN-LAX-NAN-SIN, on JF for $721. Total $1819. Let us know when you are booked.

James
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
No! the itinerary was made up of three separate record locators on three different fare basis, 1 Y, 2 J. Still 33% on that basis. Even if it was two fare basis, you are assuming that each fare basis covered the same number of flight segments; otherwise you would be skewing the actual flights flown by not weighting them appropriately. One fare basis for a single Y flight and one fare basis for 5 J flights does not mean 1/2 your flights were in Y! Don't you agree? If I flew BLI-SEA(AS)-NRT(JL) you could certainly argue that 1/2 your flights were on AS but you can't argue that the 92 miles from BLI-SEA is half your miles flown.

James
[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

it is sso impressive that you have done excellent mileage run that you need to repeat it multiple times in multiple thread

Last edited by pbd456; Jul 5, 2019 at 2:25 pm
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

it is sso impressive that you have done excellent mileage run that you need to repeat it multiple times in multiple thread

At least he was trying to be helpful in this thread unlike some others who have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.