Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska iPhone App

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I haven't seen anything about this in the forum (and this seemed like the best thread for this), so maybe it's just me?

While boarding passes for other airlines, concert and event tickets and the linke show up on the lock screen from the wallet at a certain time before the event, my AS boarding passes do not. Just AS. AA, BQ, WN, DL all work. Ticketmaster, AXS, eventbrite all work. Just not AS.

ANd I believe I have the settings correct.

Sure, not the end of the world, but nice to just poke it rather than opening wallert and finding it with TSA/Clear/Boarding.

Anyone else?

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Works fine for me, believe they use geofencing to only make them appear when you're near an airport
Klrduks and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Works fine for me, believe they use geofencing to only make them appear when you're near an airport
Thanks. Didn't work for me even when at the airport. But this makes sense and a change I just made may fix this. I had Location Services "Only When Using App," so this may be the issue. Changed to "Always."

Interestingly, the other airline/event apps don't have this at all, so likely why they're purely time-based. We chall see on Saturday

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:52 am

Agree the home page is a waste of space.

And for the love of god, let me switch O/D in search instead of retyping each!

Not holding my breath for using credits in app. Alaska likes to make those intentionally hard to use.
ACBLtd and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yepyepyep
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Have a question related to check-in/mobile boarding pass. Have decided to credit an upcoming flight to BA rather than AS (and my wife credits to AA, not AS). We do both have AS MP accounts and the app on our phones.

Is it possible to check-in for a flight and obtain/use mobile boarding passes for an AS flight in the AS app, while crediting the flight to another program? We have a reservation that has my BA number and my wife's AA number in the PNR, but I'm concerned that if I try to use the AS app for mobile boarding pass, it might recognize I'm logged in with an MP account and "take over" the reservation and credit it to AS (not sure if this is crazy thoughts, but just don't want to screw up where we credit these flights).

In the past when we've done things like this, we just used paper boarding passes but being able to use mobile BP would certainly be nice if possible.

Regards
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu

Is it possible to check-in for a flight and obtain/use mobile boarding passes for an AS flight in the AS app, while crediting the flight to another program? We have a reservation that has my BA number and my wife's AA number in the PNR, but I'm concerned that if I try to use the AS app for mobile boarding pass, it might recognize I'm logged in with an MP account and "take over" the reservation and credit it to AS (not sure if this is crazy thoughts, but just don't want to screw up where we credit these flights).
No problem at all. We always credit AS flights to AA and it works just fine. The app usage and the crediting do not interfaith one another.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brp
No problem at all. We always credit AS flights to AA and it works just fine. The app usage and the crediting do not interfaith one another.

Cheers.
Thanks brp, was hoping you might share your wisdom on this as I was aware that you likely do this. So basically, just use the "Check in" menu option in the AS app and put in the PNR number, correct? Also, not necessary to sign out of the AS app, as I'm logged in with my AS MP number in the number, right?

Regards
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:59 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
Thanks brp, was hoping you might share your wisdom on this as I was aware that you likely do this. So basically, just use the "Check in" menu option in the AS app and put in the PNR number, correct? Also, not necessary to sign out of the AS app, as I'm logged in with my AS MP number in the number, right?

Regards
No need to even enter the PNR. Either click on the “time to check in” prompt you’ll get or click on the specific trip in the list and you’ll get a check-in prompt.

And we’re also always logged in with AS MP numbers as well. As long as I made sure to change to AA upon booking the flight or called AS to change if I forgot, it works.

We will be crediting some to BA later this year and I expect that to work similarly.

Cheers.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody else having problems adding their BP to their apple wallet? The app is telling me that it can't do it and that I should check my internet connection. The internet connection is fine and other apps are connecting to the net fine, and it will even let me search for flights. It just doesn't want to add my BP to the wallet.

edit:It looks related to having recently started using pi-hole to block ads. If I turn pi-hole off it works, but I haven't figured out what I need to whitelist to make it transparent.

Last edited by chrisl137; Mar 22, 2022 at 11:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.