Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska iPhone App

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by vanillabean
The bar for just Alaska miles is gone now. The transition to Alaska/partner is complete.
it’s about time – alaska-only qualification has been removed for 2021 completely and it’s been a year since they announced that?

that said I would not be surprised to see its return post-covid.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Robert
Alaska has released their latest version of the app which has a new look and feel. Anyone else notice the changes?

Beyond the new look, the “Your progress towards elite status” now has a dedicated Alaska segments (required) bar. 👍

No change on my app page.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Yes
The new version is much faster on my old iPhone 7.
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Oddly enough, my older work phone updated to the new home page, but my newer iPhone did not despite restarting. If all else fails I may have to delete the app and reinstall it.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:27 am

New AS app on iOS

It has a new “home” page and some tweaks in the status progress section. How do you like this new version?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Change Bad!

(Kidding aside, it's good that they updated the qualification bars, but why on earth did they make the Account page a stand-alone that can only be accessed through the (pointless) home screen, and that requires you to go back through the home screen to get to Trips?)
Buster CT1K, samosa and mtnsider like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Too many pointless changes!
Mahogany likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
The homepage seems worthless. I'm checked in for a flight tomorrow and there is no info about it. That's the first thing I want to see. I don't want to have to select a tab at the bottom. Perhaps something will appear tomorrow, closer to departure?
WrightHI, samosa and Mahogany like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
(1) still quite inconvenient to see the seat map on a connecting flight … you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the map for the first segment to find the “next flight” banner link

(2) still can’t see or book GGU fares

samosa and Mahogany like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:53 am

LOL - the ONLY link to any MP info is via that "good morning" text? Who designs things that unintuitive ??

The VP of Mileage Plan must be pissed their content is now so hidden and hard to even find. I hope they replace the silly "messages" tab with a Mileage Plan tab at the very least.

Usually not this critical of AS - but lack of any clear MP link/tab/button seems like an amateur UI mistake - esp. since the company is so MP focused.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by SeaSfoWeekly
LOL - the ONLY link to any MP info is via that "good morning" text? Who designs things that unintuitive ??

The VP of Mileage Plan must be pissed their content is now so hidden and hard to even find. I hope they replace the silly "messages" tab with a Mileage Plan tab at the very least.

Usually not this critical of AS - but lack of any clear MP link/tab/button seems like an amateur UI mistake - esp. since the company is so MP focused.
Agree -- really bad design!
Starbase 1K likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:47 pm

The AS app Home looks fresh. But when you realize that AS is still making you open a browser for their Home links or hasn’t began waning use of webviews, the app is still meh.

Their use of webviews is an engineering choice and not by limitation. Their preference.

Also, for all their desire to use webview in booking, why haven’t they added the ability to add gold guest upgrades in their booking filter via “the app”?
lensovet likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
App crash

My Alaska app has crashed 3 times in the last few days. Anyone else?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The homepage seems worthless. I'm checked in for a flight tomorrow and there is no info about it. That's the first thing I want to see. I don't want to have to select a tab at the bottom. Perhaps something will appear tomorrow, closer to departure?
Yikes. Sounds like a bug.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
A small gripe, but it seems like they got rid of the link to fill out the Alaska Listens survey that used to appear when you landed. It made it super easy to access it and I used to fill it out during the taxi to the gate. Seems like an odd thing to change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.