Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How Are the Paine Field (PAE) Flights? Will Mainline AS Ever Fly There?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Are the Paine Field (PAE) Flights? Will Mainline AS Ever Fly There?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CalanMan
By this logic, shouldn't there be a PAE-ANC flight?

I understand the relationship between hubs, customer bases, and O&D demand, but I'm just sayin'...
Originally Posted by beckoa
Oh I'd welcome this ^
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Probably not unless there is an E75 base in ANC. The Q400s didn’t work so AS probably doesn’t want to repeat a mistake; they would need to be able to operate in Alaska.
Originally Posted by Chugach

Why would they need an E75 base to send a E75 up there on PAE-ANC once a day? Worst case scenario if the plane goes mx in ANC, rebook everyone on one of the 15 to 20 daily ANC-SEA flights.

DL has scheduled the E75 in to FAI off and on for a few years now, so there’s some precedent for the type operating scheduled flights in Alaska, especially the real part of Alaska.
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Historically the Q400 didn't do well there, and the thing about AS routing E175s is they're starting to route them through SEA on formerly mainline routes; I am seeing SFO/LAS/PHX-SEA on E75s to go along with PAE. Maybe they'd be willing to do SEA-ANC-PAE (and v.v.) routings...

(I suspect people wouldn't mind their upgrade chances on an E75...)
Y'all now have an E175 PAE-ANC daily flight starting this Winter that will be coming from SEA-ANC since PAE is an E175 crew base for QX.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I am curious about the feasibility of PAE-GEG. Are there enough people going just from the Seattle area, specifically in the north, to Spokane to justify it?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by CMK10
I am curious about the feasibility of PAE-GEG. Are there enough people going just from the Seattle area, specifically in the north, to Spokane to justify it?
They started flying these in 2019. Currently, PAE-GEG and return are on the schedule 1x daily.
https://news.alaskaair.com/newsroom/...d-and-spokane/
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by CMK10
think about it this way…..in some large multiple airport markets you have airlines serving both and sending people to the same destination.

in the Seattle metro area the population isn’t distorted. It pretty balanced north and south of the city. Seatac is south of downtown and Paine is on the north side. Bellingham is farther north.

between these two areas you have Boeing locations and military bases as well as other businesses connected between the areas. It’s set up to do day trip traveling.
bobsyouruncle and Bellerina like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.