Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:27 pm
vgc

Just called again and talked to a different agent. Nothing. Said it was sold out and she even talked to her supervisor. I might try a third time and try a different tactic. I'm pretty miffed at this as I paid a lot of money to be on the first flight. Someone else on the FB group was saying the agent asked him if he wanted to go to Vegas or if he wanted to be on the first flight out. I didn't get any such question. I was even told the times were exactly the same, which it isn't.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I dunno. I just told the agent I was on the first flight out and had called in earlier to change it but wound up getting refunded because the prior agent didn't see availability. I said I was worried because I was seeing reports of people getting rebooked on the "unavailable" PDX first flight. She put me on hold for a good 10 minutes, came back and told me to wait some more, then came back about 10 minutes later and said they'd managed to get seats for me and it was booked.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:44 pm
vgc

Tried a third time. Same story. "It's sold out" This time I asked the agent to check for Vegas flights. Also supposedly sold out, although I'm seeing plenty of open Vegas seats on my end.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vgc
Tried a third time. Same story. "It's sold out" This time I asked the agent to check for Vegas flights. Also supposedly sold out, although I'm seeing plenty of open Vegas seats on my end.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Just rebooked Paine flights out of Seattle. Was told I will still get double miles on the flights. The computer has already rebooked me in bad seats so check your reassignments! I was able to switch to premium seats for no charge.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:02 pm
vgc

Now they're telling me the PDX flight is special for special people and can't get me on it. ...?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vgc
Now they're telling me the PDX flight is special for special people and can't get me on it. ...?
I just got voicemail from someone at Alaska calling me about the change to the launch date, and asking me to call back about options. They said it looked like I was trying to fly the inaugural and the "only one left" was the Las Vegas one. Odd call to get since I'm already booked on the new flight... I hope.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by missamo80
since I'm already booked on the new flight... I hope.
I wouldn't get too excited. It is highly likely that it will be delayed again. There is no exit ramp yet for the government to even open and with people off the job for at minimum 5 straight weeks, it is not like things are going to be up and running over night. I also don't imagine that a tiny airport opening when one already exists a few miles down the road is going to be the top priority given everything that is back logged at this point.
dmodemd and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

The changes keep coming. The PDX flight that the blog says departs at 10:00am? I just got this sweet automated notification:

Schedule change alert.

Alaska Airlines, Flight 2545
Operated by Horizon Air
Departing Seattle, Washington
Monday, March 4, 9:45 am
Arriving Portland, Oregon
Monday, March 4, 10:35 am
Please check-in with Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines, Flight 2050
Operated by Horizon Air
Departing Portland, Oregon
Monday, March 4, 12:00 pm
Arriving Seattle, Washington
Monday, March 4, 12:55 pm
Outbound is now 15 minutes earlier, return is now 5 minutes later.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
The changes keep coming. The PDX flight that the blog says departs at 10:00am? I just got this sweet automated notification:

Quote:
Schedule change alert.

Alaska Airlines, Flight 2545
Operated by Horizon Air
Departing Seattle, Washington
Monday, March 4, 9:45 am
Arriving Portland, Oregon
Monday, March 4, 10:35 am
Please check-in with Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines, Flight 2050
Operated by Horizon Air
Departing Portland, Oregon
Monday, March 4, 12:00 pm
Arriving Seattle, Washington
Monday, March 4, 12:55 pm

Outbound is now 15 minutes earlier, return is now 5 minutes later.
Looks like they've put you on flights in/out of SEA.

I had a ticket on the PAE-PDX flight for a period of time, but got a call from reservations yesterday afternoon saying that the flight wouldn't be operating and giving me some options. I don't know if it won't be operating, or if it simply won't be operating as a revenue flight, but staying on 2878/2879 definitely wasn't one of my options. (I'm back on the LAS flights now.)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Ohhh #%(*! they did. I'm calling in.

Neil
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Listening to my voicemail it sounds like they don't have the authority to operate PAE-PDX???
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Listening to my voicemail it sounds like they don't have the authority to operate PAE-PDX???
Correct, the tickets were sold pending final government approval. With the government shutdown continuing, they've decided to push back the launch of PAE service until March 4th as they don't have approvals, hoping things will be settled and they'll be clear to fly from PAE by then. If the shutdown continues into early/mid Feb, I'd anticipate another delay.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Correct, the tickets were sold pending final government approval. With the government shutdown continuing, they've decided to push back the launch of PAE service until March 4th as they don't have approvals, hoping things will be settled and they'll be clear to fly from PAE by then. If the shutdown continues into early/mid Feb, I'd anticipate another delay.
I'm referring to the new March 4th flight. I was rebooked to that one, then got a voicemail, and a flight change to Seattle.

Neil
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Talking to the phone rep it sounds like every flight on the 4th has had all passengers removed. She sees zero availability and zero load on all flights for March 4th.

Alaska really handled this poorly.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.