Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett)

Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Interesting -- FAA still has to do a final approval of PAE (not PNE as used in some prior posts), but the shutdown could delay that...

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/feder...enger-flights/

“The FAA is continuing its work on the Paine Field environmental assessment and other required approvals, and so far we don’t believe the partial government shutdown has impacted the process,” Alaska spokesman Ray Lane said in an email. “However, if the shutdown lasts much longer, there may be an impact. We continue to work with FAA on this and are closely monitoring developments on the shutdown.” . . . .. . . . The new assessment underwent a 30-day public comment period ending Nov. 2 and found no significant issues, but the FAA still must issue a written decision ratifying the report’s findings or requiring more scrutiny. The FAA employs about 43,000 people, and more than 17,000 have been furloughed.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Hopefully this gets resolved before flights commence.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

I also want PAE to succeed -- if only to get some of the traffic off I-5 in Seattle! Yes, I realize it is a microscopic percentage, but every little bit helps in reducing congestion in King County. Long run, PAE may get bigger planes and longer-distance flights.
JPat and ctporter like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JPat
Hopefully this gets resolved before flights commence.
It will definitely be resolved before flights commence as flights can't commence until it is resolved. The only question is WHEN flights will commence and at the moment it seems more and more likely that the UA date looks like a better prediction than the AS one.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
This is why airlines have the subject to government approval warning in New routes. This will likely change the start date of the new flights. Hopefully proactively announce ahead of time so people can reservere their travel plans
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CDKing
This is why airlines have the subject to government approval warning in New routes. This will likely change the start date of the new flights. Hopefully proactively announce ahead of time so people can reservere their travel plans
Here’s hoping AS extends the double mileage promotion for PAE flights. 🤞🏽
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by KevPNW

Here’s hoping AS extends the double mileage promotion for PAE flights. 🤞🏽
They will except it will be bus service to SeaTAC😀
be_rettSEA and KevPNW like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I feel sorry for all the inaugural speculators... (maybe).
Nurse Traveler likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
To PAE or not to be...

Any one care to speculate on when AS announces a delay in flying from PAE? We are scheduled out of there on 2/13 & are debating whether we should cancel or try to fly from SEA, I am concerned that if we wait much longer our seat choices & schedule times will be lousy.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JPat
Any one care to speculate on when AS announces a delay in flying from PAE? We are scheduled out of there on 2/13 & are debating whether we should cancel or try to fly from SEA, I am concerned that if we wait much longer our seat choices & schedule times will be lousy.
I would just give reservations a call and explain your concern. Worst case scenario is they say there are no updates.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I feel sorry for all the inaugural speculators... (maybe).
I'm one of them. Ugh I hope it happens!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Start changed to March 4.

https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...layed-service/

Here’s what we’re doing for guests:

• Guests with tickets for travel between Feb. 11 and March 4 will receive an email notification from us today that they’re automatically being confirmed, waiving any fees, on a new flight on the same travel date from Sea-Tac International Airport. It’ll be for a time that’s closest to their original Paine Field flight.
  • If guests wish to keep Paine Field as their departing or arriving airport for a new flight on March 4 or later, you can do that, waiving any fees, by calling us at 1-800-252-7522.
  • And if you prefer not to travel, we’ll provide a full refund to your original form of payment, waiving any fees. To make that happen, call us at 1-800-252-7522.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

So does this make March 4, 10am, to PDX the new inaugural flight?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

The March 4th flights aren't loaded yet, I just called in and they can't see them, and I can't see them on the website yet.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I'm in the same boat as you missamo80. Hopefully the PDX ticket will be a smidge cheaper than the LAS ticket was, as I'm just turning right around.
missamo80 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.