FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1950002-fed-shutdown-paine-field-everett.html)

AndyPatterson Jan 8, 2019 6:39 pm

The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett)

Interesting -- FAA still has to do a final approval of PAE (not PNE as used in some prior posts), but the shutdown could delay that...

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/feder...enger-flights/

“The FAA is continuing its work on the Paine Field environmental assessment and other required approvals, and so far we don’t believe the partial government shutdown has impacted the process,” Alaska spokesman Ray Lane said in an email. “However, if the shutdown lasts much longer, there may be an impact. We continue to work with FAA on this and are closely monitoring developments on the shutdown.” . . . .. . . . The new assessment underwent a 30-day public comment period ending Nov. 2 and found no significant issues, but the FAA still must issue a written decision ratifying the report’s findings or requiring more scrutiny. The FAA employs about 43,000 people, and more than 17,000 have been furloughed.

JPat Jan 9, 2019 11:13 am

Hopefully this gets resolved before flights commence.

AndyPatterson Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I also want PAE to succeed -- if only to get some of the traffic off I-5 in Seattle! Yes, I realize it is a microscopic percentage, but every little bit helps in reducing congestion in King County. Long run, PAE may get bigger planes and longer-distance flights.

sfozrhfco Jan 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by JPat (Post 30632627)
Hopefully this gets resolved before flights commence.

It will definitely be resolved before flights commence as flights can't commence until it is resolved. :) The only question is WHEN flights will commence and at the moment it seems more and more likely that the UA date looks like a better prediction than the AS one.

CDKing Jan 11, 2019 5:25 am

This is why airlines have the subject to government approval warning in New routes. This will likely change the start date of the new flights. Hopefully proactively announce ahead of time so people can reservere their travel plans

KevPNW Jan 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 30640549)
This is why airlines have the subject to government approval warning in New routes. This will likely change the start date of the new flights. Hopefully proactively announce ahead of time so people can reservere their travel plans

Here’s hoping AS extends the double mileage promotion for PAE flights. 🤞🏽

sfozrhfco Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by KevPNW (Post 30643903)

Here’s hoping AS extends the double mileage promotion for PAE flights. 🤞🏽

They will except it will be bus service to SeaTAC😀

dmodemd Jan 12, 2019 11:19 am

I feel sorry for all the inaugural speculators... (maybe).

JPat Jan 19, 2019 11:31 am

To PAE or not to be...

Any one care to speculate on when AS announces a delay in flying from PAE? We are scheduled out of there on 2/13 & are debating whether we should cancel or try to fly from SEA, I am concerned that if we wait much longer our seat choices & schedule times will be lousy.

KevPNW Jan 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by JPat (Post 30675151)
Any one care to speculate on when AS announces a delay in flying from PAE? We are scheduled out of there on 2/13 & are debating whether we should cancel or try to fly from SEA, I am concerned that if we wait much longer our seat choices & schedule times will be lousy.

I would just give reservations a call and explain your concern. Worst case scenario is they say there are no updates.

missamo80 Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 30645818)
I feel sorry for all the inaugural speculators... (maybe).

I'm one of them. Ugh I hope it happens!

rustykettel Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am

Start changed to March 4.

https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...layed-service/

Here’s what we’re doing for guests:

• Guests with tickets for travel between Feb. 11 and March 4 will receive an email notification from us today that they’re automatically being confirmed, waiving any fees, on a new flight on the same travel date from Sea-Tac International Airport. It’ll be for a time that’s closest to their original Paine Field flight.
  • If guests wish to keep Paine Field as their departing or arriving airport for a new flight on March 4 or later, you can do that, waiving any fees, by calling us at 1-800-252-7522.
  • And if you prefer not to travel, we’ll provide a full refund to your original form of payment, waiving any fees. To make that happen, call us at 1-800-252-7522.

missamo80 Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am

So does this make March 4, 10am, to PDX the new inaugural flight?

missamo80 Jan 22, 2019 11:22 am

The March 4th flights aren't loaded yet, I just called in and they can't see them, and I can't see them on the website yet.

Neil

98103 Jan 22, 2019 11:27 am

I'm in the same boat as you missamo80. Hopefully the PDX ticket will be a smidge cheaper than the LAS ticket was, as I'm just turning right around.