Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by rustykettel
A would need 10k more miles or B would need 15k. You can pull from two different accounts on a single reservation, but it requires a live agent to do it and must be equal from both accounts (essentially each is paying for their own ticket).

Another thing to consider is when you say 25k each, do you mean one way or round trip? If round trip, then it's 12.5k each direction per person. Under that scenario, you can book 2 one way tickets (12.5k x2) for the outbound out of A's account and then call in to have an agent book the return from both A & B. B would only need 2.5k more miles. Only downside is this doubles the change/cancellation fees if you end up changing both/cancelling entirely.

Note that phone booking may incur a booking fee, but if assessed I'd ask kindly if they'll waive it since you can't book from two accounts yourself.
Wow, this is very detailed .

My scenario is 25k one way, so I guess the best way is to get additional 15k for account B and use the 15k in A for future use.

Thanks a lot
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Does anyone know if qualifying BA european flights earn elite qualifying bonuses on actual base mileage or on the 500 mile minimum? Turns out whether I crossover the 75k hurdle again hinges on the treatment of a single ~300mi sector I just took in J... will probably go out of my way to take a flight on AS I would've taken on WN points in December otherwise, but don't want to pull the trigger until I know, and I find BA notoriously slow to post.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Does anyone know if qualifying BA european flights earn elite qualifying bonuses on actual base mileage or on the 500 mile minimum? Turns out whether I crossover the 75k hurdle again hinges on the treatment of a single ~300mi sector I just took in J... will probably go out of my way to take a flight on AS I would've taken on WN points in December otherwise, but don't want to pull the trigger until I know, and I find BA notoriously slow to post.
500 mile minimum. It's under the Details tab on the BA chart page

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ritish-airways

Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown, with 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by rustykettel
500 mile minimum. It's under the Details tab on the BA chart page

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ritish-airways

Thanks - I had seen that but guess I hadn't read it closely enough to appreciate the percentage language does seem to directly say the bonuses should apply to the 500 mile minimum.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I have a $50 BOA alaska credit that expires in a few days.

can I book a dummy booking, cancel and then get that back in my travel bank?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

I believe these systems are completely unrelated to one another, the discount by BOA would be provided so long as the charge posts and is not refunded. So long as the $$ stays with AS, I don't see how BOA would know the ticket was changed. You should be fine - just make sure you wait 24 hrs so it doesn't go back to your card.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:21 pm

Will "Manual Assistance Required" Clear Without a call?

I have an awards flight a few months away, I had an email from AS with the new itinerary which I'm ok with. One segment on AA changed by 30minutes.

Checked AA, everything looks good. AS app advises I need to call for manual assistance. I'm a few months out from the trip, any risk if I don't call in to AS at this time? Will the AS app eventually clear without a call in?

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Need help to claim AS credit

I flew on an AA codeshare (with LATAM metal JFK-SCL) on Nov 03. I am still waiting to see credit to be posted to my AS account). The BP has my AS# printed on it.
Seems like I need to contact someone. Who should I even start with? LATAM or AA? Anyway to do this online?

Thank you very much.

BTW, I flew 3 subsequent LA coded LA metal flights, none had been posted.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I flew on an AA codeshare (with LATAM metal JFK-SCL) on Nov 03. I am still waiting to see credit to be posted to my AS account). The BP has my AS# printed on it.
Seems like I need to contact someone. Who should I even start with? LATAM or AA? Anyway to do this online?

Thank you very much.

Have you checked to see if the LA flight numbers are eligible to earn in MP? Not all do. For your AA marketed LA operated flight, it usually won't post automatically. Technically, codeshares don't accrue to MP but upon a manual request AS will credit based on the Operating Carrier's charts when both the marketing and operating partners are both AS partners.

Create a freehand email addressed to [email protected] and attach a copy of your boarding pass.

To check eligibility of you LA coded flights click here. If they are eligible you can attach them to the same email for credit.

James
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Is it the annual discount code issued by AS for having the non-signature AS card? If so then you lose the cert when you cancel. Only a change will keep it valid.

Originally Posted by MAXII
I have an awards flight a few months away, I had an email from AS with the new itinerary which I'm ok with. One segment on AA changed by 30minutes.

Checked AA, everything looks good. AS app advises I need to call for manual assistance. I'm a few months out from the trip, any risk if I don't call in to AS at this time? Will the AS app eventually clear without a call in?

Thanks.
Yes it auto accepts at some point.

Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Have you checked to see if the LA flight numbers are eligible to earn in MP? Not all do. For your AA marketed LA operated flight, it usually won't post automatically. Technically, codeshares don't accrue to MP but upon a manual request AS will credit based on the Operating Carrier's charts when both the marketing and operating partners are both AS partners.

Create a freehand email addressed to [email protected] and attach a copy of your boarding pass.

To check eligibility of you LA coded flights click here. If they are eligible you can attach them to the same email for credit.

James
Even my booked direct with LATAM ticket required manual credit
MAXII likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Lifting up arm rest on window seat

Does anyone know of it is possible to leift/raise the armrest that is right by the window on an alaska plane? I know on many planes that the aisle armrest you can.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:29 pm

James
James, thank you for the info & links.
My AA codeshare was AA7718 (off hand couldn't find LA#). Will sort that later.
My other flights on LA are LA575, 576, and LA750.

Don't have access to a computer right now, will check later to see if these flights are eligible.

Do people here tend to have problems with LA crediting to AS automatically?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
James, thank you for the info & links.
My AA codeshare was AA7718 (off hand couldn't find LA#). Will sort that later.
My other flights on LA are LA575, 576, and LA750.

Don't have access to a computer right now, will check later to see if these flights are eligible.

Do people here tend to have problems with LA crediting to AS automatically?
It looks like your LA flights are eligible. There was one post indicating a manual request was required for LA flights booked directly with LATAM. Personally, I have had native KE, QF, LA, CX, BA & EK flights on LA ticket stock post auto matically rather quickly.

I have also had a domestic QF flight booked directly with QF and an AA international flight booked directly with AA that required manual intervention. Always good to watch and submit a request if the fligh doesn't post.

James

Eligible flight numbers
  • 1 - 805
  • 808 - 4799
  • 7500 - 8299 (effective June 1, 2018)
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:20 am

It looks like your LA flights are eligible. There was one post indicating a manual request was required for LA flights booked directly with LATAM. Personally, I have had native KE, QF, LA, CX, BA & EK flights on LA ticket stock post auto matically rather quickly.

I have also had a domestic QF flight booked directly with QF and an AA international flight booked directly with AA that required manual intervention. Always good to watch and submit a request if the fligh doesn't post.

James

Eligible flight numbers
  • 1 - 805
  • 808 - 4799
  • 7500 - 8299 (effective June 1, 2018)

Thank you, James

I did not book these flights through LATAM. They are all part of a RTW DONE4. issued by AA.

All my flights are eligible for AS credits. I will submit request to AS to get miles posted. Extra work. But no other way!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Question - how much of the proverbial envelope can I push when

Due to flight schedule changes, manual assistance is required on this reservation. Call Alaska Airlines at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) at your earliest convenience.
Context - reservation is a nonstop roundtrip SFO-LAS-SFO next May, departing Thursday and returning Monday and confirmed in U via GGU. I am currently 75K (but won't be -- not even regular MVP -- next year)

Q: due to schedule change, if I want to get the dates moved (i.e. so I can stay in vegas a bit longer lol), how likely is that (and if so, how many days do you guys think can I will be able "extend" my trip?)
Q: what will happen with my upgrade? Will I get moved back to whY and get my GGUs back, will they reprotect me in F, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.