Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: United, BA, FlyingBLue, AA
Thanks - That's what I was told when I got the card; it's just that the website description didn't make sense.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
The companion fare is always $99. That is the base fare, plus applicable taxes and fees which start at $22 with the total amount dependant on your flight itinerary. So the companion pays $99 plus the same amount of taxes and fees as the primary passenger. Yes, you can do dummy bookings using the CC to see what the total will be for different itineraries.
The total of taxes and fees will not be the same. It will be lower for the companion fare since any component of the extras that is based on fare will be based on the $99 companion fare, not the base fare of the primary passenger. Static charges (independent of fare) will be the same.

James
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
As an MVPG 75K an currently no U space available (I can never seem to find any anymore on transcons), is it worth paying for the instantly upgradeable fare on the possibility that space opens up? From what I'm reading, it doesn't seem as though I can waitlist using a GUC.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:19 am

When Seat Guru says something like, due to the IFE being in the arm rest, the seat has a little less width, how much are we looking at?

Something like 1/2 inch, or something bigger like 2"?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by trek87
As an MVPG 75K an currently no U space available (I can never seem to find any anymore on transcons), is it worth paying for the instantly upgradeable fare on the possibility that space opens up? From what I'm reading, it doesn't seem as though I can waitlist using a GUC.
Generally no, but it might get you slightly better odds at the upgrade if space does become available before your standard upgrade queue (T-120 hrs). Seems that most feel it's not worth the significantly higher price for those fares to slightly improve those odds, though. And correct, GGU's cannot be waitlisted. You can always upfare to a GGU eligible fare class (basically anything above G, R, T) if U space becomes available (set an alert via ExpertFlyer). You'll need reservations to remove you from the waitlist/apply it for you at that point, though (pretty easy via a call or AS' texting service).
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by trek87
Keep your eyes on the route. I have a Sunday evening flight back from BWI to the West Coast in three weeks and today 1 U space was opened up.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Condor to AS transit at YVR - checked luggage question

A friend is currently flying FRA-YVR-PDX-SFO on Condor with a checked bag. He is overnighting at PDX and would like access to his checked bag.

Will he have access to his bag at YVR? If so, is it fair to presume the AS agents can short-check his bag to PDX? I haven't been able to find any details anywhere.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Fredd
A friend is currently flying FRA-YVR-PDX-SFO on Condor with a checked bag. He is overnighting at PDX and would like access to his checked bag.

Will he have access to his bag at YVR? If so, is it fair to presume the AS agents can short-check his bag to PDX? I haven't been able to find any details anywhere.
All on one ticket? I'd have the Condor agent short check it to begin with at FRA.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel

All on one ticket? I'd have the Condor agent short check it to begin with at FRA.
Yes. Oh, he tried, but the FRA agent apparently didn't know how.

He and I are wondering if he can retrieve his bag at YVR and have the AS agent short-check it. He's got about a three-hour layover at YVR.

Update to update: bags are indeed checked through and he’ll try to pick it up at PDX.

Last edited by Fredd; Jul 25, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I just want to make sure I understand this properly. So for million miler status, AS' partner flights doesn't count right? So the only thing that I'll get flying with BA or CX are redeemable miles and get status for the year?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by lsquare
I just want to make sure I understand this properly. So for million miler status, AS' partner flights doesn't count right? So the only thing that I'll get flying with BA or CX are redeemable miles and get status for the year?
Correct.
Does mileage from partners count in million millers?

https://www.alaskaair.com/shared/tip...MileFlyer.aspx
A Million Mile Flyer is a Mileage Plan™ member who has accumulated 1,000,000 actual flight miles on Alaska Airlines in their Mileage Plan™ account since becoming a member. Bonus miles and partner mileage activity do not count toward the accumulation of 1,000,000 miles.

One additional note, if you attain elite status in any given year, the status is valid for the remainder of that year and the following year.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Since 1mm on AS metal gets lifetime MVPG, i wish 500K would get lifetime lifetime MVP
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by CDKing
Since 1mm on AS metal gets lifetime MVPG, i wish 500K would get lifetime lifetime MVP
Better than AA who only give lifetime Gold for 1mm.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Correct.
Does mileage from partners count in million millers?

https://www.alaskaair.com/shared/tip...MileFlyer.aspx
A Million Mile Flyer is a Mileage Plan™ member who has accumulated 1,000,000 actual flight miles on Alaska Airlines in their Mileage Plan™ account since becoming a member. Bonus miles and partner mileage activity do not count toward the accumulation of 1,000,000 miles.

You do earn a minimum of 500 miles towards MM for flights less than 500 miles. 1000 return trips SEA-BLI would give you 1MM status with 184,000 miles flown. It is possible to do it in one year.

James
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

You do earn a minimum of 500 miles towards MM for flights less than 500 miles. 1000 return trips SEA-BLI would give you 1MM status with 184,000 miles flown. It is possible to do it in one year.

James
How much is the fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.