Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Majuki
I had the same problem on Sunday at PDX. I'm an Alaska Lounge member, and the designation was visible on my mobile boarding pass. However, my boarding pass didn't scan as eligible. The agent saw my designation and just let me enter.
Even pre-COVID I've never gotten my BP to scan as eligible at any Alaska Lounge. I pretty much just present my lounge card from the beginning and just verbally tell them my flight number. I actually miss the fingerprint scanners since that has always been a much easier process for me.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
SFO Lounge and PP?

Originally Posted by jhurwitz
The SFO lounge has joined Priority Pass. Access is granted on departure but not arrival. More details here: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-alaska-lounge
The link is not functional. Is the lounge in fact accessible with PP? If so, any difference between PP membership thru Amex as opposed to Chase (CSR)?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
SFO lounge no longer listed in app nor website? Any recent DP?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by richiezc
SFO lounge no longer listed in app nor website? Any recent DP?
I just checked my AS app and the SFO lounge is showing up....haven't check alaskaair.com yet but I don't think anything has changed.

Last edited by PDXPremier; Nov 21, 2021 at 8:14 pm
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jmd001
The link is not functional. Is the lounge in fact accessible with PP? If so, any difference between PP membership thru Amex as opposed to Chase (CSR)?
Not accessible, PP listed it in error.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33622110-post999.html
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
AMEX vs all other Memberships from other Credit Cards

Originally Posted by jmd001
If one has a Priority Pass membership from an Amex card, then you cannot use the card at a restaurant. With PP from Chase or other bank card, one can. This can make a big difference at an airport such as SEA, where the two PP lounges are far away from AS gates. Trail Head BBQ Bar in the main terminal at SEATAC is a better option for AS flyers who use PP.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
It also makes a big difference at SFO, where the AMEX lounge is often waitlisted at peak times. There are 2 decent PP restaurants which are free to CSR customers (and other non-Amex PP).
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I just checked my AS app and the SFO lounge is showing up....haven't check alaskaair.com yet but I don't think anything has changed.
Ah sorry I meant not in priority pass app, per other response seems it was listed in error. Def still in T2
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:59 am

I (and three others) have a 3 hour layover in SFO, flying on Alaska Air. Which of the following lounges would be the best option:
  1. I have the BofA Alaska Air and the Alaska Air lounge pass would be $30 per person.
  2. I have Amex Platinum for the Centurion lounge
  3. I have Priority Pass from Capital One, which I think are on par with the Chase ones.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:05 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by milespoints
I (and three others) have a 3 hour layover in SFO, flying on Alaska Air. Which of the following lounges would be the best option:
  1. I have the BofA Alaska Air and the Alaska Air lounge pass would be $30 per person.
  2. I have Amex Platinum for the Centurion lounge
  3. I have Priority Pass from Capital One, which I think are on par with the Chase ones.
I see that they have recently added Lark Creek Grill in T2 to PP. I think I’d try that. The restaurants in T3 are also nice. I would not go to AS lounge if one had to pay.

Centurion is nice, but often crowded later in the day. No security re-clear anymore, though.

We’re in SFO right now and Centurion was nice In unexpected morning, so time of day matters.

Cheers.
Majuki and milespoints like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by brp
I see that they have recently added Lark Creek Grill in T2 to PP. I think I’d try that. The restaurants in T3 are also nice. I would not go to AS lounge if one had to pay.

Centurion is nice, but often crowded later in the day. No security re-clear anymore, though.

We’re in SFO right now and Centurion was nice In unexpected morning, so time of day matters.

Cheers.
Thanks for the real time update! How far a walk is it from Terminal 2 to Centurion? The flight gets into SFO at 730pm. Would that be a busy time?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the real time update! How far a walk is it from Terminal 2 to Centurion? The flight gets into SFO at 730pm. Would that be a busy time?
maybe 10-12 minutes. We walk reasonably rapidly.

cheers.
Majuki, anteater and milespoints like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Centurion closes at 9 PM (still, no?). I'd expect the mop will be hitting the buffay shortly after your arrival.

With regular (unrestricted) PP, I'd head to the restaurants. The Alaska Lounge is pleasant, but not $60 for two pleasant if there are other options.
Majuki and milespoints like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: Yes
I previously utilized the AMEX @ SFO lounge, but until the expansion is finished, I’ve moved all of my SFO lounge time to AS because the Centurion is perpetually overcrowded / waitlist.

It’s not the flagship AS lounge, but it’s decent. 🤙🏻🍹
milespoints likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Jul 23, 2022 at 12:24 pm
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Centurion closes at 9 PM (still, no?). I'd expect the mop will be hitting the buffay shortly after your arrival.

I think Centurion is 6pm

cheers
milespoints likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.