Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
On my PDX-DCA flight today, the flight attendant immediately told me that she already had my preorder. I'm a big fan of the preordering system and I'm glad they've finally launched it in markets outside of SEA
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by lalala
Stay classy Alaska.
But was the outside dry or damp with condensation? Back in November, I asked for a F&C instead of the meal. When it showed up, the box was dripping wet. No apparent attempt to wipe it off prior to setting it down. Less than impressed.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by osubeavers01
On my PDX-DCA flight today, the flight attendant immediately told me that she already had my preorder. I'm a big fan of the preordering system and I'm glad they've finally launched it in markets outside of SEA
Oh wow thats awesome! What was the menu for your flight?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
Oh wow thats awesome! What was the menu for your flight?
we had three options: 1) granola and yogurt, 2) fruit and cheese or 3) Beechers cheese omelet, sausage, and fingerling potatoes
Although I'm a fan of the granola, I went with the hot option on this flight and I wasn't disappointed. The meal options all came with fresh fruit and a blueberry scone. They actually brought us the fruit and scone as a first course and then cleared it to bring the entrée, which was unusual. On my transcons breakfast flights, they usually just bring the whole tray at once.
Later in the flight, they served a ramekin of nuts and had a pass of the snack basket
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: MVP Gold

we had three options: 1) granola and yogurt, 2) fruit and cheese or 3) Beechers cheese omelet, sausage, and fingerling potatoes
Although I'm a fan of the granola, I went with the hot option on this flight and I wasn't disappointed. The meal options all came with fresh fruit and a blueberry scone. They actually brought us the fruit and scone as a first course and then cleared it to bring the entrée, which was unusual. On my transcons breakfast flights, they usually just bring the whole tray at once.
Later in the flight, they served a ramekin of nuts and had a pass of the snack basket
Oh wow they do usually bring the breakfast at least all on one plate. That's good they had the snack basket as well
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Pre-ordering is still not available on JFK-PDX (or the reverse) unfortunately
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Had it on mine this week, though. Must not be route-specific.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
My BOS-SEA & SEA-LIH for later this month had the options (same boring ones above omelette and granola, Dinner was same as i had last week ) but went back to order since my companion is here for the trip and it says "We'll just be a moment" churns a bit then says "we're sorry menu not available for this flight" . Its less than 14 days before flight limit. At least were in row 1 for the breakfast flight so get dibs. Row 2 for the dinner flight..

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 15, 2018 at 7:29 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lalala
Stay classy Alaska.
Flew SEA to EWR yesterday and pre-ordered the fruit and cheese platter. It was presented on a plate and looked very nice. The FA even offered the salad if I wanted it (declined). This is the second time with the same result. Seems like the FA in your case was lazy or didn't know how to handle the presentation.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Is your departure within two weeks...?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted (I realized that I totally misunderstood the point of the last post)

Last edited by VegasGambler; Feb 15, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Is your departure within two weeks...?
Yes it is and I stand corrected....it's showing up (the same chicken/pasta/fruit plate option that everyone else is seeing this month).
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it is and I stand corrected....it's showing up (the same chicken/pasta/fruit plate option that everyone else is seeing this month).
I have a feeling with pre-order that soon every transcon meal will be the same if not already
lalala likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
My BOS-SEA & SEA-LIH for later this month had the options (same boring ones above omelette and granola, Dinner was same as i had last week ) but went back to order since my companion is here for the trip and it says "We'll just be a moment" churns a bit then says "we're sorry menu not available for this flight" . Its less than 14 days before flight limit. At least were in row 1 for the breakfast flight so get dibs. Row 2 for the dinner flight..
I'm having the same issue with my SEA-BOS flight on the 2nd. It should be available for preorder, but just chugs for awhile before letting me know the menu isn't available.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quemalo
I'm having the same issue with my SEA-BOS flight on the 2nd. It should be available for preorder, but just chugs for awhile before letting me know the menu isn't available.
I checked yesterday for the flight departing the 26th and it came back again so I'd just check back in about a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.