Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me the pre-ordering program is another 'test" that will eventually go the way of the "small plates" meal service that most of us enjoyed for a few months during the "test".
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me the pre-ordering program is another 'test" that will eventually go the way of the "small plates" meal service that most of us enjoyed for a few months during the "test".
That’s what it feels like to me. The small plates test was (intentionally?) poorly designed with over catering, heavy plates, too much work for FAs, etc and doomed to fail from the start. Given such a small scale test of the pre-ordering, less than 100% knowledge by the FAs, and likely low awareness by the non-FT flying public, will we hear it discontinued due to low usage?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
So if half the F cabin preorders, do they have 50/50 choices for the second half that did not preorder?

Or if there were going to be, say, 8 chicken and 8 pasta, and 8 people preordered pasta, does that mean if you did not preorder you MUST have chicken?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
It's still hit or miss for me when I preorder in coach. Mostly miss. I suppose this could work better given the much smaller number of meals in F. Less to keep track of there.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So if half the F cabin preorders, do they have 50/50 choices for the second half that did not preorder?

Or if there were going to be, say, 8 chicken and 8 pasta, and 8 people preordered pasta, does that mean if you did not preorder you MUST have chicken?
channeling Often1, are you?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k

I don't know how AS does it, but AA uses the second method. However, I don't know what happens if, in your example, 12 people preorder the pasta.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flymonthly
I don't know how AS does it, but AA uses the second method. However, I don't know what happens if, in your example, 12 people preorder the pasta.
Meal preordering cuts off at T-24, so... I don't see how that's not enough lead time for them to cater a dozen pasta meals.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by jinglish
Meal preordering cuts off at T-24, so... I don't see how that's not enough lead time for them to cater a dozen pasta meals.
I agree that it's enough lead time, but it would introduce additional complexity for the catering companies to screw up. And I've never noticed more than a handful of pax pre-order on any flight, usually it's just a couple if any.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by flymonthly
If 12 people preorder the pasta, AA loads 12 pastas.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
If 12 people preorder the pasta, AA loads 12 pastas.
So everyone who didn't pre-order gets the also-ran? (Kale with polenta?)
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:57 pm

So everyone who didn't pre-order gets the also-ran? (Kale with polenta?)
Many (most?) AS planes now only have 12 seats in First, which is why the previous poster used "12" as his/her metric...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I just wish they would come up with a pre-ordering system (and catering for that matter) like AA.
they already have a system for pre-ordering in coach that even I with my marginal programming skills could adapt to work for usage of pre-ordering meals for F. they just choose not to, given that the house has been on fire lately with VX and QX.

i agree, it will go away. it will be back, in 3 years, but that will be too late to be of consequence or novelty.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I was able to preorder for my upcoming SEA-TPA breakfast flight and had a choice of quiche, cold cereal, or fruit & cheese plate. I'd love to see an omelette option instead of the quiche but it's nice to at least nail down a selection.

Have they opened this up to other routes yet aside from the original test group?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
I was able to preorder for my flight yesterday of MCO-SEA. Was about to order the omelet which it sounds like they ran out of. So glad I had the option
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
According to the FA on my BOS-SAN flight today preorder was successful in SEA and is to go system wide in a couple weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.