Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines and Finnair announce frequent flyer partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines and Finnair announce frequent flyer partnership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
It's the Zeno's Paradox of announcements. Always coming soon, but never quite getting there.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
do u know how long would it take finnair to post? i have 6 segments on ay since dec 20, nothing is posted yet. my parents, sisters (5 of them) have had ay since dec 24, nothing has been posted to either ba or ay. very frustrating.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
do u know how long would it take finnair to post? i have 6 segments on ay since dec 20, nothing is posted yet. my parents, sisters (5 of them) have had ay since dec 24, nothing has been posted to either ba or ay. very frustrating.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pbd456
Hi. My late Nov AY long-haul flights (HEL-BKK/BKK-HEL) posted about 5 days after the flights. The short hauls (FRA-HEL/HEL-FRA) have yet to post. Going on 7 weeks on those. AS website says give at least 60 days before claiming partner miles, so I will. Another data point: flew Xmas time CX flights (ZRH-HKG/HKG-ZRH), and those posted about 6 days after the flights. No creditable short-haul flights with that ticket. Good luck!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Are the AY flight numbers that aren’t posting 1XXX by any chance? AAdvantage and BA Executive Club members are both having trouble with those flights (mostly short haul) not posting. Apparently those flight numbers used to be charters but are now regular flights, but the systems haven’t caught up. See this thread in the BA forum.

Alaska’s web site does list AY 1XXX flights as eligible, so we definitely have written policy on our side, but maybe the same glitch is rearing it’s ugly head?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by ashill
Are the AY flight numbers that aren’t posting 1XXX by any chance? AAdvantage and BA Executive Club members are both having trouble with those flights (mostly short haul) not posting. Apparently those flight numbers used to be charters but are now regular flights, but the systems haven’t caught up. See this thread in the BA forum.

Alaska’s web site does list AY 1XXX flights as eligible, so we definitely have written policy on our side, but maybe the same glitch is rearing it’s ugly head?

Yes. AY1412 and AY1411 have not posted. This could be that BA/AA issue. I'm guessing since it didn't happen with the long-hauls, the system has hiccup'd and skipped them.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by osotoc
Yes. AY1412 and AY1411 have not posted. This could be that BA/AA issue. I'm guessing since it didn't happen with the long-hauls, the system has hiccup'd and skipped them.

You said the long hauls posted, right? Are the long hauls 3-digit flight numbers? My understanding is the 1XXX flight numbers are all short haul; those are the ones that BA and AA members have had trouble with.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by ashill

You said the long hauls posted, right? Are the long hauls 3-digit flight numbers? My understanding is the 1XXX flight numbers are all short haul; those are the ones that BA and AA members have had trouble with.
Yes. The two AY XXX long-haul flights posted about 5 or so days after the flight. The AY XXXX short-hauls haven't posted. I'll send AS a mileage request probably at the end of month.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:41 am

Any updates so far for Finnair?

Interested in going to Finland!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Any updates so far for Finnair?

Interested in going to Finland!
Coming "soon"
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
After about 4 weeks following AY flights, I scanned my boarding passes and requested the missing miles.
That same day, the miles posted, and then posted again later in the day.
So, it seems it can take at least 4 weeks...
(Yes, someone caught the mistake...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.