Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines and Finnair announce frequent flyer partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines and Finnair announce frequent flyer partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by channa
That said, it's nice to have the letter of the law on your site.
Absolutely.

Except that the fare buckets don't match, so they wouldn't be able to necessarily articulate how much you'll get. They can't even get flight number ranges right half the time.
That's one of the reasons I find credit based on marketing, not operating, carrier more customer-friendly.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Nearly every case has contradicted what is on the website. I think AS just uses poor wording, what they don't want to credit is partner operated by a non-partner. Maybe EK is one exception where they added the "Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify" wording.
Even that is contradicting because I have received miles on a EK flight, that was not from EK ticket stock.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I just flew from HEL to XIY in J, I really like their glassware in J, the food was okay for J. It seems like 2A is the only solo seat on the left side of the plane. While the rest are 2-2-1.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Updated AY earning rates for AS miles

Anyone else notice Finnair's Business I class no longer earns the 100% Additional Bonus? It was originally announce with all Business class fare buckets getting the 100 bonus. Thoughts on why it changed?

Screen shot of the current Alaska Finnair partner website and TPG's original posting in May 2017.

Attached Images   
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by ashill
That's one of the reasons I find credit based on marketing, not operating, carrier more customer-friendly.
I strongly agree with this. If nothing else, trying to throw out "operated by X" where X is not the marketing carrier can be a mild nightmare (not unlike trying to book a TPAC J/F leg on AS and getting a ton of flights involving AS F and other-carrier Y).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Any idea how long it takes an AY operated flight to credit to AS? I flew two AY flights on Tuesday and have yet to see the miles credit to my account. Just curious how long I'm waiting here.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by veeRob
Any idea how long it takes an AY operated flight to credit to AS? I flew two AY flights on Tuesday and have yet to see the miles credit to my account. Just curious how long I'm waiting here.
Any updates to this data point? Just wondering how long the typical wait time should be for Finnair flights to credit to AS.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
Any updates to this data point? Just wondering how long the typical wait time should be for Finnair flights to credit to AS.
Flew them a month or so ago, I had to send in my boarding passes for credit.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
My flights to Europe posted about 10 days after without me doing anything. My return flights haven't posted yet and I think the 14 day just hit. So YMMV.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
When will we be able to redeem miles for Finnair flights? Website says "Coming this Fall"
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by thegingninj
When will we be able to redeem miles for Finnair flights? Website says "Coming this Fall"
In a few weeks, this fall will be starting in September 2018 or later.
thegingninj likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
With the demise of KL/AF's partnership, and to celebrate Finland's 100th Birthday today, can we have awards please?

Thanks!
WillTravel4Food likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
With the demise of KL/AF's partnership, and to celebrate Finland's 100th Birthday today, can we have awards please?

Thanks!
Someone's feeling cheeky. I mean, really, there's two WHOLE weeks left before "coming this fall" is #fakenews . Next you'll be wanting EK award calendars that aren't #fakenews.

PS: I would have very low expectations on the reliability of the AS calendar for AY availability.

AY / Finnair Phantom Awards on aa.com
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
I emailed a few weeks ago (end of November) to ask when folks could start redeeming AS miles for AY flights.
The customer service agent replied with a cut-and-paste from the Mileage Plan website: "That is coming this fall."
I am hoping redemptions will be system-wide on AY - I've relocated to Bangkok and my only option to get to Europe using Mileage Plan is on CX...and travel with them must start or end in Hong Kong. So, if (and I say IF because finding inventory on CX is such a pain in the behind...) I want to use miles to get to Europe, I've got to position myself out of Hong Kong first, or else shell out an additional 60,000 miles (in economy) to get to and from HKG...
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ralph4878
I emailed a few weeks ago (end of November) to ask when folks could start redeeming AS miles for AY flights.
The customer service agent replied with a cut-and-paste from the Mileage Plan website: "That is coming this fall."
I am hoping redemptions will be system-wide on AY - I've relocated to Bangkok and my only option to get to Europe using Mileage Plan is on CX...and travel with them must start or end in Hong Kong. So, if (and I say IF because finding inventory on CX is such a pain in the behind...) I want to use miles to get to Europe, I've got to position myself out of Hong Kong first, or else shell out an additional 60,000 miles (in economy) to get to and from HKG...
It would make sense to start collecting other mileage currencies. BA Avios on for CX would be 7.5k each way in in Y, 15k in J (and BA will let you buy half the Avios at about 2 cpm US). A *A plan like TG, DW or even AV might be a way to go as well. AS MP is not really meant to be used by customers based outside the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.