Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by seacarl
I booked a ticket on Condor's website. I could not find any way to enter my AS Mileage Plan number, nor my KTN for Pre-Check.

Does anyone have any pointers for how to enter this information into the reservation or does it have to be done at the airport/check-in?
Tho I’ve never booked directly with Condor, I’ve always been able to enter my AS mileage plan and Known traveler number on Condor’s website. It was located on your personal detail area where you have to provide passport details.

Maneuvering around the Condor website has its limits but I’ve been able to populate these details past four times flying round trip on Condor.

Jiburi
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:52 pm

Sharing a recent datapoint with regard to mileage posting. Flew FRA > BWI on Saturday (9/10) and the flight activity posted to my account this morning, less than 48 hours after flight completion. The 200% EQM earnings for business class is nice, but I likely won’t be booking flights on DE again in the near future, at least not on the 767-300. The seats are awfully narrow, with little storage space. Not having a flatbed seat on a westbound daytime flight wasn’t a major concern, but wouldn’t want to fly this seat on an eastbound overnight flight. I will say catering was quite good, as was the service.
NW-A332 and notquiteaff like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Robert
Sharing a recent datapoint with regard to mileage posting. Flew FRA > BWI on Saturday (9/10) and the flight activity posted to my account this morning, less than 48 hours after flight completion.
Thanks. It seems that the miles either post within a few days or a week (hopefully that is the most common scenario), or they don’t post all, and then you are at the mercy of the retro credit process. In my case, that process has been ongoing for four months, with no indication of any progress. My second email to AS MP Customer Service wasn’t even acknowledged.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks. It seems that the miles either post within a few days or a week (hopefully that is the most common scenario), or they don’t post all, and then you are at the mercy of the retro credit process. In my case, that process has been ongoing for four months, with no indication of any progress. My second email to AS MP Customer Service wasn’t even acknowledged.
That’s frustrating to hear that you’ve had to follow-up multiple times over several months with no results to date. Hopefully you’ll get resolution soon. Interestingly, when I added my AS MP # at check-in, Condor’s system seems to recognize my oneworld status…next to my AS FFN it displays “EMER”…as in Emerald?

Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:40 am

Booked and flew a discount economy ticket PMI-FRA on Condor. Couldn't enter AS number at booking or check in.

Now that it's done and flown, any way to see a) if the flight qualifies for any mileage credit/how many or b) request retro credit? The retro credit form asks for a 13 digit ticket number which I don't have from my booking. It's gonna be a few hundred miles if that so dunno if should bother, but thought I'd try
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Booked and flew a discount economy ticket PMI-FRA on Condor. Couldn't enter AS number at booking or check in.

Now that it's done and flown, any way to see a) if the flight qualifies for any mileage credit/how many or b) request retro credit? The retro credit form asks for a 13 digit ticket number which I don't have from my booking. It's gonna be a few hundred miles if that so dunno if should bother, but thought I'd try
Is the flight number in the qualifying range?

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Condor. Condor award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–2999
looking at today’s flights, they all seem to be in the range.

You don’t actually have to use the form because all it will tell you is to email the information because DE doesn’t qualify for automatic processing. This page has the details:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...request-credit
Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Robert
That’s frustrating to hear that you’ve had to follow-up multiple times over several months with no results to date. Hopefully you’ll get resolution soon. Interestingly, when I added my AS MP # at check-in, Condor’s system seems to recognize my oneworld status…next to my AS FFN it displays “EMER”…as in Emerald?
Yup. FWIW DE BP's will also properly reflect Star Gold status for LH segments. Unfortunately having your AS MP# on the BP (even with status recognized) is no guarantee of getting credits. Like previous posters, I am several phone calls/emails in with Mileage Plan customer service and no joy. They insist they need DE to "verify" the BP/receipt; have no idea why since AS has literally all the info they could hope for, and can be sure I took the flight since I connected to AS metal (which did correctly post) issued on the same ticket... SMH.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Last time I flew I called Condor to have my AS number added. The boarding pass showed my correct AS number. It’s been four months and I am still waiting for credit to post.

KTN - not sure. But see https://support-eu.condor.com/Manage...mation-API.htm
Thank you for the reference since it does note that there is no way to enter the KTN during the manage the booking process. We shall see if it works in online checkin.
Originally Posted by jiburi
Tho I’ve never booked directly with Condor, I’ve always been able to enter my AS mileage plan and Known traveler number on Condor’s website. It was located on your personal detail area where you have to provide passport details.

Maneuvering around the Condor website has its limits but I’ve been able to populate these details past four times flying round trip on Condor.
Jiburi
I did book direct with Condor on their website. You would think that would offer the greatest ability to enter information, but no chance. I did enter all the passport and citizenship information, but there was no ability to enter a frequent flyer number, nor a KTN number, nor what is also applicable in my case, the ARC number which will be needed on the flight back to USA.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
I did book direct with Condor on their website. You would think that would offer the greatest ability to enter information, but no chance. I did enter all the passport and citizenship information, but there was no ability to enter a frequent flyer number, nor a KTN number, nor what is also applicable in my case, the ARC number which will be needed on the flight back to USA.
All of this can be done at checkin. FWIW I was unable to check in with DE's website or app on both the outbound and return. It sort of made sense on the return (since I was starting on LH metal), but I couldn't figure out any legitimate reason why I shouldn't have been able to check on on the outbound where I started on DE metal. (And in-person checkin at LAX is a huge PITA, FWIW, especially when connecting, as they have no airside presence. I presume the same is true at all their US stations.)
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by Erasmus
All of this can be done at checkin. FWIW I was unable to check in with DE's website or app on both the outbound and return. It sort of made sense on the return (since I was starting on LH metal), but I couldn't figure out any legitimate reason why I shouldn't have been able to check on on the outbound where I started on DE metal. (And in-person checkin at LAX is a huge PITA, FWIW, especially when connecting, as they have no airside presence. I presume the same is true at all their US stations.)
Maybe at ticket counter check-in, but not via online check-in. I was able to enter my AS frequent flyer number but not my KTN nor my ARC during OLCI. Probably will need to stop at the ticket counter.
PS: It also did not print my onward boarding pass from FRA, which is on an LH-group feeder airline (EN)
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:59 am

Ouch!

Mine still haven’t posted. I sent AS a follow-up email on the three month anniversary of my flight on 8/11, but haven’t heard back.
Just thought I'd bump this thread; anybody whose miles did not post immediately after the flight have success actually getting AS to credit after several months? If so, can you let us know what avenue finally made the difference?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just thought I'd bump this thread; anybody whose miles did not post immediately after the flight have success actually getting AS to credit after several months? If so, can you let us know what avenue finally made the difference?
No luck here. It’s been nearly five months since the flight. I sent two follow ups to MP that have not been deemed worthy of a response (or perhaps they just sit in a pile of requests due to staffing shortages).
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Miles from flight on 5/15 finally posted today. It’s been nearly 10 weeks since the flight and 8 weeks since submitting the missing mileage request, but the credit did finally come. I hope the same is true for the rest of you waiting.
I submitted the missing mileage credit. Then after 2 weeks, I called and requested manual intervention - was told to wait another week. Called back after 7 days and escalated to a Mileage Plan (?) supervisor. Was told that I needed to wait another 8 weeks. Miles posted ~1 week before the 8 weeks was up. Note that I was told 8 weeks from the time that I spoke to the supervisor. I'm not sure what, if anything, I did that had a cause-and-effect, but in addition to submitting the request and Emailing PDFs of the ticket and boarding pass, I also called 3 (or was it 4?) times.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
Had my latest flight post ten days later with no intervention… double miles promo, premium economy… almost 20k redeemable miles! I added my AS number at the kiosk in PDX and then confirmed with the check in desk agent - was concerned based on all the issues here and hopefully the return will be as smooth!
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I submitted the missing mileage credit. Then after 2 weeks, I called and requested manual intervention - was told to wait another week. Called back after 7 days and escalated to a Mileage Plan (?) supervisor. Was told that I needed to wait another 8 weeks. Miles posted ~1 week before the 8 weeks was up.
Guess I will try the phone route since email seems to be a black hole.

Edit: Made my call. Agent said the case was still open, she would send an email (presumably to DE) and assign the case to herself. Made a to-do list entry to follow up in three weeks.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Oct 5, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.