Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How Long for BA and Other Airline Partner Flights to Credit to AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for BA and Other Airline Partner Flights to Credit to AS?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I am still waiting on BA flights JFK-LHR-BER-LHR-JFK from 24 / 29 November to post.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
So frustrating! Still waiting for my SEA-LHR/LHR-SEA flight to post from 11/12/21 to post. It's been over two months! These miles are what is needed to get me to 100k. I e-mailed Alaska and they stated 6-8 weeks...so hopefully it will happen soon.
57skibird likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: American, Delta, Southwest, Alaska
Still waiting for my BA biz flights from 11/23 - 11/30 to post. LAX-LHR-FCO-LHR-LAX. Should put me over 75K.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:26 pm

I've called Customer care and they once moved the miles along for me, and it was done next day. That was pre-pandemic though.
57skibird likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by 57skibird
Still waiting for my BA biz flights from 11/23 - 11/30 to post. LAX-LHR-FCO-LHR-LAX. Should put me over 75K.
Wow – that's remarkably similar to my predicament. I flew SFO-LHR-ATH-LHR-SFO 12/9 - 12/26, and specifically in BA F (at least on the SFO legs) because it has a 300% elite mileage bonus. Also did it specifically to hit 75K, since I'm only at Gold right now. The delay is particularly aggravating given that I have a whole raft of flights entirely on AA starting a week from tomorrow – AUS-DFW-GUA-MIA-STI-MIA-AUS (stretched out over a two-week period, with most of the time spent in Guatemala & the DR – and I can't get on the upgrade list for first/biz unless I'm in the AS system at 75K.

I submitted copies of all of my ticket receipts both via the AS web portal and email – starting with the first SFO-LHR-ATH leg five weeks ago – but haven't even received a confirmation that they arrived. The last time I called their CS line it had something insane like a three-hour wait time, so I gave up (but OTOH that was admittedly right around the time they had a whole slew of weather delays due to winter weather near their SEA base).

I know AS is still new to OW, but one of the reasons I switched over from AA to AS in the first place (after a status challenge last year) was because I was sick & tired of all the endless hoops AA makes you jump through, and I'd heard AS was actually different – and not just because they're the only remaining airline without a dollar-spend requirement for elite status. (It also helps that I'm based out of AUS, and AS has been beefing up its service substantially after entering the market via its Virgin America acquisition, including adding our very first nonstop to PSP last fall.) It's all just so aggravating!
57skibird likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:56 am

Same situation... Flew LAX-DFW-LHR-DXB on 12/21 and DXB-LHR-LAX on 12/29. I submitted mileage request on 1/1 and didn't Get a reply until 1/15, where they said they are requesting proof from BA and it can take 6-8 weeks. Bleh -- My family's AA accounts were credited a week ago already. No problem for me, I don't have any solo Oneworld flights soon, so we fly on my family's AA Gold benefits for now. Just a chuckle that I need to rely on my 10 year old's status to get benefits LOL
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:23 pm

Yep. I'm still waiting. AS told me same thing. Waiting for BA and could take 6-8 weeks, which is right about now.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for all who posted recent datapoints - were those booked directly on BA or as codeshare?

In the past direct bookings were posting OK but codeshares were a pain however BA systems had "enhancement" shutdown for half november and came back full of glitches...
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
My BA flights were booked directly on BA and proper BA metal. No codeshares. Flew on 11/24 and 11/29, still waiting on credit.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
So frustrating! Still waiting for my SEA-LHR/LHR-SEA flight to post from 11/12/21 to post. It's been over two months! These miles are what is needed to get me to 100k. I e-mailed Alaska and they stated 6-8 weeks...so hopefully it will happen soon.
So interesting update- miles (somewhat?) posted! Here's my timeline.
================================================== =======
11/12/21- Flew SEA-LHR on BA credited to AS (booked flights on BA website, not a code share, travel was all BA metal)
11/17/21- Flew LHR-SEA on BA credited to AS
11/26/21- Called AS about credit, they told me to e-mail them which I did. Sent them an e-mail to customer care that day along with copy of boarding passes.
12/15/21- 19 Days later (!)- Get a response to e-mail stating:
"Dear Sky Dreamer,
Thank you for providing your partner flight details. We are happy to assist.
We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation. You can expect the miles for eligible travel to post within 6-8 weeks, since we need to have the partner verify eligibility and then return the approved flight information.
Miles for partner flights are awarded subject to approval by the partner airline, and are based on the fare class purchased and the number of miles traveled. Please check the partner airline page on our website for additional information on how partner flight credits are awarded - www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Customer Care at 1.800.654.5669 and our agents will do their best to assist you further.
We look forward to serving you in the future."

1/17/22- Get an e-mail from AS stating:
"Dear Sky Dreamer, Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care. Your British Airways flights are now posted. You are welcome to view your online activity by logging in to your My Account profile at www.alaskaair.com."
================================================== =======

So I look and the miles from my SEA-LHR are there but not the inbound miles on my LHR-SEA (ugh). Also this gets me now over the MVP 100k threshold but so far, no e-mail about 100k and no change in my status. I guess that will be another call. I think I'm going to wait another week to see if the outbound posts and then contact AS again. Very interesting that they sent me an e-mail as soon as it was posted. So there is hope that you will get your BA miles credited in this lifetime! It looks like it is processing at the 8-9 week mark.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:00 pm

I purchased flight thru AA and they were BA flights. Flights were all switched around. Delays, cancels, missed flights. So in the end, for mileage credit, I first went to BA and they told me to go to AA . Went to AA and they told me to go back to BA. Went back to BA and submitted my claim all over again and have had a couple emails acknowledging receipt at least and asking for more info. Then went to AS to let them know I was expecting these miles from BA which would put me over 75K and was told I'd have to wait for BA. In the meantime, I've got trips coming up on AS. Hope BA comes thru quickly. It's almost been 2 months.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:21 am

Wow, my miles arrived this morning... This was on a BA ticket with an AA domestic codeshare. So, to recap:

Flew 12/21 and 12/29
Submitted 1/1
Acknowledged 1/15
Credited 1/20
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AS 100K
Still waiting on QR flights to post from 11/25. NBO - DOH - SEA. I emailed Mileage Plan the week before Christmas and got a canned response, 3 weeks later, that it could take 6-8 weeks.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Plat, AS 75K, AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by vistaril
11/13/21 -- BA flight SEA to LHR to JNB still not posted.
11/13/21 flights posted today, 1/20/22, that's 9 & 1/2 weeks later.

However, my segment LHR to JNB was posted in wrong Class of Service. I called Customer Services and they said it was posted under class O. Well it's clearly printed on the boarding pass I sent them that I flew in class M. Interesting enough the other segments which I flew in class M were posted correctly. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, the agent came back and verified the boarding passes on their end and admitted it was indeed M. However, she couldn't do anything for me, instead she asked me to write to Mileage Plan in email to rectify.

Well, let's see how long it's going to take this time.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by kirker
Wow – that's remarkably similar to my predicament. I flew SFO-LHR-ATH-LHR-SFO 12/9 - 12/26, and specifically in BA F (at least on the SFO legs) because it has a 300% elite mileage bonus. Also did it specifically to hit 75K, since I'm only at Gold right now. The delay is particularly aggravating given that I have a whole raft of flights entirely on AA starting a week from tomorrow – AUS-DFW-GUA-MIA-STI-MIA-AUS (stretched out over a two-week period, with most of the time spent in Guatemala & the DR – and I can't get on the upgrade list for first/biz unless I'm in the AS system at 75K.

I submitted copies of all of my ticket receipts both via the AS web portal and email – starting with the first SFO-LHR-ATH leg five weeks ago – but haven't even received a confirmation that they arrived. The last time I called their CS line it had something insane like a three-hour wait time, so I gave up (but OTOH that was admittedly right around the time they had a whole slew of weather delays due to winter weather near their SEA base).

I know AS is still new to OW, but one of the reasons I switched over from AA to AS in the first place (after a status challenge last year) was because I was sick & tired of all the endless hoops AA makes you jump through, and I'd heard AS was actually different – and not just because they're the only remaining airline without a dollar-spend requirement for elite status. (It also helps that I'm based out of AUS, and AS has been beefing up its service substantially after entering the market via its Virgin America acquisition, including adding our very first nonstop to PSP last fall.) It's all just so aggravating!
Update with news that's both good as well as weird: two days ago I received a form-letter email from AS with all the "British Airways miles can take six to eight weeks to process blah blah blah" stuff. No surprise there. Cut to today: all of my missing miles are now showing up on my Mileage Plan account!

One rather significant problem, however: my elite level is still listed as MVP Gold, despite my total mileage for the year – on AS & partner airlines, including bonuses – adding up to nearly 128,000! That was actually a lot higher than I anticipated, but I'm guessing my initial calculations didn't take into account AS's bonus EQM extensions.

To ask another newbie question: on the AS mileage activity page, do "bonus" miles mean EQMs or non-EQMs? (or neither) As an example: I mentioned earlier than I flew SFO-LHR-ATH-LHR-SFO in BA F as a de facto mileage run. All BA F EQMs are calculated at either 250% or 300%. My accrued mileage for this one trip alone is as follows:

SFO-LHR: 5,368 (base) + 24,156 (bonus)
LHR-ATH: 1,504 (base) + 5,264 (bonus)

That's 36,310 total – and since it was roundtrip, the full amount is 72,610. Considering I only needed another 2,400 miles to hit 75K alone, it seems like I should at least be at 75K, but more likely at 100K.

Two caveats (at least for this particular trip): first, at AS's "normal" 250% bonus level in F, I would've gotten 13,420 miles on top of the 5,368 base ones. Second, my LHR-ATH leg was in J (since obviously BA has no F sections on intra-European flights), which only earns a 150% elite bonus, so – again – at "normal" levels I'd be at 2,256 miles. Still, my combined total would be 26,840 for the SFO-LHR-SFO legs in F and 4,512 for LHR-ATH-LHR.

Any idea what's going on here?? I'm unclear why I'd get that form letter but discover less than 48 hours that my miles had been added, and also why I haven't been bumped up to a higher elite level yet. Is there some huge oversight I've somehow overlooked? Or does it take AS a bit of time to fully process a change in elite levels or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.