Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How Long for BA and Other Airline Partner Flights to Credit to AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for BA and Other Airline Partner Flights to Credit to AS?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Flew to Riyadh about 10 days ago and those flights posted within a week.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Missing Alaska Airlines miles

Hello - I booked a trip on British Airways to Paris and entered my Alaska Airline mileage number. The flights were actually on American Airlines. I was given the Priority status that I have with Alaska Airlines on American but my miles still havent posted. Its been about a month. It is impossible to contact anyone directly with British Airways. I constantly get the greeting that they are too busy to take my call and the call disconnects. Anyone have a good contact phone # or email to reach someone at BA that can help get my Alaska Airlines miles posted for my flight?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Sara Belle Erickson
Hello - I booked a trip on British Airways to Paris and entered my Alaska Airline mileage number. The flights were actually on American Airlines. I was given the Priority status that I have with Alaska Airlines on American but my miles still havent posted. Its been about a month. It is impossible to contact anyone directly with British Airways. I constantly get the greeting that they are too busy to take my call and the call disconnects. Anyone have a good contact phone # or email to reach someone at BA that can help get my Alaska Airlines miles posted for my flight?
Contact AS instead of BA.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan

And welcome to a Flyertalk!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I flew AS on May 29, crediting to BA. Still haven't shown up on BA account. They're needed to make me Gold, and my year ends Jul 7, so I'm getting a little antsy.

I found a link on one of the fora here for uploading docs on BA.com, and one of the selectable reasons was for missing Avios/TP credits, so I uploaded scans of the AS BPs on the 10th. Still waiting.

UPDATE: Still no luck on any channel:
- Uploaded copy of BPs on Jun 10; perhaps that doesn't work unless I have a trouble ticket?
- PM'd BAMissingAvios on Jun 15; I understand she's backlogged.
- Tried BA Chat again; each time Chatbot claims it'll connect me as soon as someone's available but never does.

One annoying thing is, after I type "speak to agent", Chatbot says "All our live customer support experts are busy at the moment. If you wait a few minutes and type ‘speak to agent’ – I can put you through as soon as someone becomes available."
That strongly implies there is no queue, and I have to just keep requesting and hope I get lucky. Surely that can't be right?

UPDATE2: Finally got a chat agent, who said she will try to prioritize.
The AS trip was a Biz ticket TPA-SEA-YVR, except the 2nd segment was a small craft with no Biz seats, so it was Fare Code M. I had just been looking at my TP balance to see whether the flights had been credited. But the chat agent wanted activity info as part of validating me, so I finally looked at that. And, amazingly, the second segment HAD been credited after just a few days -- the measly 10 TPs just hadn't budged my total enough to be noticeable. The 140 TPs for TPA-SEA (D) is what is still missing and critical.

CONCLUSION: For anyone waiting with bated breath: BAMissingAvios responded on Jun 22 with email address to send docs to, which I did. Problem was resolved Jun 27.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Jun 28, 2022 at 9:20 pm
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Mrs. Fredd and I flew both QF and FJ in late May – early June. The miles didn't post. Some weeks later we got in touch with AS about the missing miles after sending in the documentation and were told to wait for 6-8 weeks.

We waited and eventually received an email confirming receipt of our Etickets, etc. and telling us to expect the miles to post in another 6-8 weeks.

We think we’re on track to requalify for 100K, but October is getting a little late for us to start scrambliing for flights if we’re significantly short of miles, particularly since our November-December travel schedule is already fairly heavily booked.

Is this delay reasonably typical? At what point, if any, should we pester AS again?

In searching threads, I learned this is not a new problem.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I've been having a lot of trouble with getting AS to credit MH miles - when I flew over 2 months ago, MH's computers weren't able to accept AS frequent flyer numbers at all, and then it's been 6 weeks since AS told me they were submitting my claim to MH for verification and since then radio silence.

In contrast, TK (my primary program) has managed to post any retrocredit request I've ever submitted within 3-4 days.

I'm feeling a bit nervous about these partner credit timelines - while I've already hit my 24 AS segments, I'm counting on miles from the MH flights (and an SQ SIN-SEA flight I have next month) to push me over 100k. It would be really annoying if I started 2023 at 75k because of these absurdly slow processes.
Nevsky and Fredd like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I had posted in another thread but I thought I would move it here as this has more data points. Follow up to this
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34721943-post10.html
Originally Posted by skunker
Well, I took your advice and called last Monday. Spoke with a great agent who agreed that it shouldn't have taken that long and took over the case. Received an email this morning saying they credited my Finnair flights. Slight problem...they were BA coded AY metal and there is a pretty big difference in earning for BA and AY in business class. Just replied and got an auto-response that they will get back to me in 5 days.
I didn't hear back from my email and spent an hour on the phone with two agents, both who said it was very confusing but thought it was credited correctly.
To recap: AA ticket stock, BA code on AY metal. Agents both said because it was operated by AY it should earn as AY. Both agents and I read the BA earning together and I asked for reason and they honestly couldn't give a good one. I did get the second agent to agree that codeshares by definition would be operated by another carrier, so if the operating carrier is what mattered why say codeshares counted?
There are few big points and I meet them all, so I'm not sure why they keep trying to deny it.
1) "Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways or British Airways codeshare flights marketed by British Airways and operated by oneworld member airlines and affiliates."
Check.
2) Flights in eligible flight number range?
Check.
BA 6031 HEL-LHR booked in J
BA 6006 JFK-HEL booked in I
BA 6079 HEL-LHR booked in J
3) "To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (BA) must precede the flight number (for example, BA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass."
Check, both the ticket itinerary and BPs have the BA code on them and my AS Mileage Plan number.
Second agent said she was going to pass it along to another department for audit and review and will get back to me in a couple days. Not sure why this is so hard.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
To recap: AA ticket stock, BA code on AY metal.
Emphasis on bold.

1) "Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways or British Airways codeshare flights marketed by British Airways and operated by oneworld member airlines and affiliates."
Let me guess, it priced WAAAAYYY cheaper that way than as a BA ticket? Possible you hosed yourself out of the BA earning table that way and got the AA earning table?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Emphasis on bold.

Let me guess, it priced WAAAAYYY cheaper that way than as a BA ticket? Possible you hosed yourself out of the BA earning table that way and got the AA earning table?
No, it was a complicated ex-EU I-fare that was much easier to book with Powertools linking to AA. And, no, AS credited it using the AY earning table. You kinda missed the part after the "or" that I underlined. I'm not sure what ticket stock has to do with it though as that shouldn't have any effect on earning.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
complicated ex-EU I-fare
shouldn't have any effect on earning
Right. Good luck with that then.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:43 pm

So you think ticket stock = marketing carrier??
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:29 pm

I had posted in another thread but I thought I would move it here as this has more data points. Follow up to this
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34721943-post10.html

I didn't hear back from my email and spent an hour on the phone with two agents, both who said it was very confusing but thought it was credited correctly.
To recap: AA ticket stock, BA code on AY metal. Agents both said because it was operated by AY it should earn as AY. Both agents and I read the BA earning together and I asked for reason and they honestly couldn't give a good one. I did get the second agent to agree that codeshares by definition would be operated by another carrier, so if the operating carrier is what mattered why say codeshares counted?
There are few big points and I meet them all, so I'm not sure why they keep trying to deny it.
Check.
2) Flights in eligible flight number range?
Check.
BA 6031 HEL-LHR booked in J
BA 6006 JFK-HEL booked in I
BA 6079 HEL-LHR booked in J
3) "To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (BA) must precede the flight number (for example, BA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass."
Check, both the ticket itinerary and BPs have the BA code on them and my AS Mileage Plan number.
Second agent said she was going to pass it along to another department for audit and review and will get back to me in a couple days. Not sure why this is so hard.
Just logged into my account and the AY mileage was cancelled and the BA mileage was added. Looks like they the messed up and added the BA flights a couple times and then cancelled one, but according to my records it all looks right in the end.

Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Just logged into my account and the AY mileage was cancelled and the BA mileage was added. Looks like they the messed up and added the BA flights a couple times and then cancelled one, but according to my records it all looks right in the end.

Good to see! I think some (all?) AS agents are confused about Marketing and Operating carriers and requests for manual posting likely will result in erroneous postings.

If in that situtation, I would ask the agent, "If I purchase an AA operated flight from Alaska Airlines with an AS codeshare flight number, what chart do I reference for mileage accrual?"

If they say the AA charts, probably best to HUCA. The agent should say the AS charts, as it should be and referenced online. Infact, the AA operated flight shows up in Mileage activity as an Alaska Airlines flight. I have an Alaska Airlines posting for MIA-ORD that posted at 100% distanced based EQM*

"OK, then if I purchase a BA codeshare flight, shouldn't I also reference the BA charts for accrual?"

James

*The anomoly with AS codeshare flights operated by AA is that the segment isn't included in the AS segment count for Elite Status (this is correct) but it also doesn't show up as a segment on AA either. That segment goes into the hinterland never to be seen again. It could be problematic if you earn status by segments.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Good to see! I think some (all?) AS agents are confused about Marketing and Operating carriers and requests for manual posting likely will result in erroneous postings.

If in that situtation, I would ask the agent, "If I purchase an AA operated flight from Alaska Airlines with an AS codeshare flight number, what chart do I reference for mileage accrual?"

If they say the AA charts, probably best to HUCA. The agent should say the AS charts, as it should be and referenced online. Infact, the AA operated flight shows up in Mileage activity as an Alaska Airlines flight. I have an Alaska Airlines posting for MIA-ORD that posted at 100% distanced based EQM*

"OK, then if I purchase a BA codeshare flight, shouldn't I also reference the BA charts for accrual?"

James

*The anomoly with AS codeshare flights operated by AA is that the segment isn't included in the AS segment count for Elite Status (this is correct) but it also doesn't show up as a segment on AA either. That segment goes into the hinterland never to be seen again. It could be problematic if you earn status by segments.
That is the exact scenario I said to the first agent and she replied with a "Yes, hmmm...let me put you on hold for a second so I can discuss with a colleague."
Both agents were very good and admitted they were confused by the whole situation, but wanted to get the answers for me and themselves.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Any Condor data points? Had a flight with them almost 3 weeks ago and not seeing anything yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.