FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Long for BA and Other Airline Partner Flights to Credit to AS?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:29 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by skunker
I had posted in another thread but I thought I would move it here as this has more data points. Follow up to this
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34721943-post10.html

I didn't hear back from my email and spent an hour on the phone with two agents, both who said it was very confusing but thought it was credited correctly.
To recap: AA ticket stock, BA code on AY metal. Agents both said because it was operated by AY it should earn as AY. Both agents and I read the BA earning together and I asked for reason and they honestly couldn't give a good one. I did get the second agent to agree that codeshares by definition would be operated by another carrier, so if the operating carrier is what mattered why say codeshares counted?
There are few big points and I meet them all, so I'm not sure why they keep trying to deny it.
1) "Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways or British Airways codeshare flights marketed by British Airways and operated by oneworld member airlines and affiliates."
Check.
2) Flights in eligible flight number range?
Check.
BA 6031 HEL-LHR booked in J
BA 6006 JFK-HEL booked in I
BA 6079 HEL-LHR booked in J
3) "To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (BA) must precede the flight number (for example, BA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass."
Check, both the ticket itinerary and BPs have the BA code on them and my AS Mileage Plan number.
Second agent said she was going to pass it along to another department for audit and review and will get back to me in a couple days. Not sure why this is so hard.
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Right. Good luck with that then.
Just logged into my account and the AY mileage was cancelled and the BA mileage was added. Looks like they the messed up and added the BA flights a couple times and then cancelled one, but according to my records it all looks right in the end.