FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Long for BA and Other Airline Partner Flights to Credit to AS?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:52 pm
Sky Dreamer

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
So frustrating! Still waiting for my SEA-LHR/LHR-SEA flight to post from 11/12/21 to post. It's been over two months! These miles are what is needed to get me to 100k. I e-mailed Alaska and they stated 6-8 weeks...so hopefully it will happen soon.
So interesting update- miles (somewhat?) posted! Here's my timeline.
================================================== =======
11/12/21- Flew SEA-LHR on BA credited to AS (booked flights on BA website, not a code share, travel was all BA metal)
11/17/21- Flew LHR-SEA on BA credited to AS
11/26/21- Called AS about credit, they told me to e-mail them which I did. Sent them an e-mail to customer care that day along with copy of boarding passes.
12/15/21- 19 Days later (!)- Get a response to e-mail stating:
"Dear Sky Dreamer,
Thank you for providing your partner flight details. We are happy to assist.
We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation. You can expect the miles for eligible travel to post within 6-8 weeks, since we need to have the partner verify eligibility and then return the approved flight information.
Miles for partner flights are awarded subject to approval by the partner airline, and are based on the fare class purchased and the number of miles traveled. Please check the partner airline page on our website for additional information on how partner flight credits are awarded - www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Customer Care at 1.800.654.5669 and our agents will do their best to assist you further.
We look forward to serving you in the future."

1/17/22- Get an e-mail from AS stating:
"Dear Sky Dreamer, Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care. Your British Airways flights are now posted. You are welcome to view your online activity by logging in to your My Account profile at www.alaskaair.com."
================================================== =======

So I look and the miles from my SEA-LHR are there but not the inbound miles on my LHR-SEA (ugh). Also this gets me now over the MVP 100k threshold but so far, no e-mail about 100k and no change in my status. I guess that will be another call. I think I'm going to wait another week to see if the outbound posts and then contact AS again. Very interesting that they sent me an e-mail as soon as it was posted. So there is hope that you will get your BA miles credited in this lifetime! It looks like it is processing at the 8-9 week mark.