Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
SEA-LAX. 8am Departure. Water, OJ or coffee for pre-departure. Choice of eggs/sausage/waffle or granola.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Wonder if AS put a black mark next to my name because I wrote in and said I wouldn't feed the snapper served out of OGG to my cat.
Just look at the BP scanner and see if says MV- or LVP..
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:10 pm

8/23 AS 562 PDX-LAX - snack (light dinner)
8/23 AS 567 LAX-PDX - cookies
8/24 AS 562 PDX-LAX - snack (light dinner)

Chicken & ravioli previously reviewed here. Interesting how different FA's plate the same meal.

(The crumpled cookies were my fault. I was rearranging the plate and smashed them.)
Attached Images    
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
AS 112 ANC-SEA 7am

Breakfast served
Choice given was of waffle or cold cereal

Hot towels, followed by Delta Biscoff

Waffle option plated with sausage, eggs, danish, fruit.

Pretty good, didn't care for the sausage and didn't try the danish.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by AKDan

oh, hell no.

please report this. please.

AS catering is as sharp as a bowling ball and we need to start drawing some serious attention to it. almost every post in here lately has some sort of catering error/oversight/gap/etc. whether it's too few menus, menus not matching food, missing dishes, etc...or now this...we need to start casting light on it.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
oh, hell no.
More like "oh, hell yes!" - the DL Biscoffs are bigger. I mean, I'm all for brand integrity, but More Biscoffs > Less Biscoffs.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AKDan
Breakfast served
Choice given was of waffle or cold cereal

Waffle option plated with sausage, eggs, danish, fruit.

Pretty good, didn't care for the sausage and didn't try the danish.
I think it's interesting that the fruit plate on the the short mid-con flights always looks (and tastes) better than the ones on the transcon flights. You didn't try the danish?? That's always one of my favorite parts of the breakfasts! I do miss those warm cinnamon rolls from my UA days
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
9/8 PDX-PHX 930a departure: I decided to not be a vampire and fly the nonstop, daytime flight. The snack was the exact same fruit and cheese plate from coach. Looked as good as always (didn't eat it though). Excellent PDX based crew.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
You didn't try the danish?? That's always one of my favorite parts of the breakfasts!
I've always found the danishes are either super sweet (like diabetes inducing sweet) or extremely dry. Still, they're a heck of a lot better than the old breakfasts on the coasts which were routinely the breakfast sandwich from coach on a plate. Nothing beats the heart-attack inducing biscuits on AA with some butter on them.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
9/11 BOS-PDX 4:40 PM Departure.

Salad: baby arugula and mesclun mix with warm roasted butternut squash, toasted pumpkin seeds and goat cheese. Warm roll.

Entree choice: panko crusted chicken dijon with maple demi-glace, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted brussels sprouts

or

Cheese Tortellini with cherry tomato sauce, sliced italian sausage, and fresh arugula.

Dessert: Chocolate Walnut Brownie with rum whipped cream.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
9/11 BOS-PDX 4:40 PM Departure.

Salad: baby arugula and mesclun mix with warm roasted butternut squash, toasted pumpkin seeds and goat cheese. Warm roll.

Entree choice: panko crusted chicken dijon with maple demi-glace, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted brussels sprouts

or

Cheese Tortellini with cherry tomato sauce, sliced italian sausage, and fresh arugula.

Dessert: Chocolate Walnut Brownie with rum whipped cream.
Is Arugula becoming the new polenta?

Arugula is a horrible taste to me. Not sure why AS just can't do a simple salad. Greens (romaine, spring mix), veggies (carrots, cucumber and tomatoes), and dressing.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
Is Arugula becoming the new polenta?

Arugula is a horrible taste to me. Not sure why AS just can't do a simple salad. Greens (romaine, spring mix), veggies (carrots, cucumber and tomatoes), and dressing.
Although I don't care for dandelion leaves (oh wait, I mean "arugula"), it at least makes sense in a salad....where it makes no sense is dumping it on top of a pasta dish. For what it's worth, the the FAs actually put the arugula on the pasta so if you (like me) prefer the pasta without it, just ask them to leave it off when you order.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS
9/19 SEA/ SLC. #706. Departure 2:20pm
Snack

Ancient grain salad with grilled chicken.
Arugula, quinoa , red peppers and sliced grapes. Cold pieces grilled chicken on top,with feta cheese. Balsamic dressing and warm bread stick.
Seattle chocolate-toffee

Very good for such a short flight.
Still eating when decent was announced
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
Still eating when decent was announced
The shorter meal service flights seem to be quite a challenge for AS. PDX-LAX last Friday, meal for us in Row 3 was served about the time we started our descent and not everyone before us ordered a meal.

Unfortunately, one realistic possible answer to complaints about the pace of service would be to discontinue it altogether. Two things I think that would help would be PDBs and taking orders on the ground rather than waiting for 10kft to start that.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:28 pm

9/19 SFO - SEA 6am departure.

biscoff snack, some chicken-egg-scramble-crepe type thing with guac/salsa, fruit plate.

coffee drinks etc.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
2 Mediocre Cookies both ways on my Recent SEA-LAX RT. Now granted they were night flights but irregardless of that - 2 cookies is a joke in F on a 2:05 minute flight on a 739

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.