Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dixie626
Thanks, that helps. I assume the tray tables in the armrests make the seats a bit narrower. Would the window seat be the widest? If the tray table is in the armrest shared with the middle then you would get an extra couple inches of width by the window, right? Or is the tray table in the armrest by the window?
The table is in the non-window side of the window seats. I don't recall any seat feeling wider than the others, but width is never an issue for me.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And so, I wouldn't trust a "yes" or "no" answer (from a person you don't know) to a question about whether there's "a lot" of legroom in a non-exit row, because it can depend on what the person answering uses as their definition of "a lot" of legroom.
Anyone who has ever met beckoa (and many on these boards have) know that if he says there's a lot (or a log) of legroom, then there is objectively a lot of legroom.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QXflyer
Alaska does indeed fly 700s with "infinite leg room" exit rows.
I don't think I've flown an Alaska 700, so I didn't know that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by QXflyer
Personally row 6 on the new 800s feels like an infinite amount of leg room to me (and I'm 6'4"). Though you don't know me personally, so you shouldn't trust me.
I'd define "infinte" leg room as this: Even if you are the tallest person you know, and even if you put your right-at-the-limit-of-underseat-standards bag under the seat in front of you (if possible*), there's still more room than your could ever user for your legs in any seating position.

I'd consider you at 6'4" a reasonably estimator of this, except that you didn't specify whether it felt "infinite" to you with our without luggage under the seat. I have certainly seen bulkhead seats (with no hard bulkhead) on one plane or another on one airline or another (can't remember which clearly) where it felt "infinite" if I didn't have to put my bag there, but no longer felt "infinite" once I did put my bag there.

But I guess I should ask: Does Alaska let you put your bag there (even for takeoff and landing) because it's under the seat in front of you, or not because it's officially "bulkhead"?

* On some AA planes, I've seen "infinite legroom" seats that had a hard bulkhead in front of them, so you couldn't put your bag in front, but it was "infinite" in that there was a great distance to that bulkhead (you'd have to get up and walk the equivalent of almost another row to get there).
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But I guess I should ask: Does Alaska let you put your bag there (even for takeoff and landing) because it's under the seat in front of you, or not because it's officially "bulkhead"?
Yes, regular underseat storage below the last row of FC, no takeoff/landing restrictions.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HomerJay
[Premium snackbox] comes shrink wrapped like there's something valuable in there. We actually struggled a bit to get ours open the other day, only to find 10 almonds, a couple of goldfish that we didn't eat, and a welcome piece of Ghirardelli chocolate. Talk about a letdown.
Maybe they should include a Cracker Jack toy so you can get some excitement of anticipation while opening?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Maybe they should include a Cracker Jack toy so you can get some excitement of anticipation while opening?
That would be fun ^

Mini AS plane inside
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Clarification . . .

I have my first premium trip coming up soon (SEA - PHX). One free drink for the entire flight, conflating Premium seat and elite status, or one included drink per service run?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Clarification . . .

I have my first premium trip coming up soon (SEA - PHX). One free drink for the entire flight, conflating Premium seat and elite status, or one included drink per service run?
Service run from what I hear. Can be a double.

And you might even have luck by taking a walk back too if you need a refill.

However this is all based on the hearsay I've heard on FT. I've yet to fly in a PE seat... either row 17 or F for me
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
I've been in premium class a few times in the past 6 weeks. It's a drink per service run and probably would probably have included doubles if I had asked.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks, folks. Was upgraded into premium almost immediately after booking. Leaning towards champagne to start the trip in a festive mood!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Thanks, folks. Was upgraded into premium almost immediately after booking. Leaning towards champagne to start the trip in a festive mood!
It's prosecco, I had some the other night, and it's not that good. I'd stick with a different selection if I were you. YMMV.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm ok with that . . . for the first service anyway
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
It's prosecco, I had some the other night, and it's not that good. I'd stick with a different selection if I were you. YMMV.
If it's the La Marca prosecco, it's usually pretty good. Granted, I often mix it with orange/grapefruit juice, but the times I've had it standalone it seemed fine. Certainly much better than the stuff they use to carry onboard.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Service run from what I hear. Can be a double.

And you might even have luck by taking a walk back too if you need a refill.

However this is all based on the hearsay I've heard on FT. I've yet to fly in a PE seat... either row 17 or F for me
I've yet to fly in PE either...I'm either in F or the back of the plane....in the past, if my upgrade didn't clear, I'd at least be in row 6 but now, if my upgrade didn't clear, that means I won't be in PE either....very odd situation although I sit in F more than Y so I won't complain too much
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by quemalo
If it's the La Marca prosecco, it's usually pretty good. Granted, I often mix it with orange/grapefruit juice, but the times I've had it standalone it seemed fine. Certainly much better than the stuff they use to carry onboard.
ditto. La Marca is very decent Prosecco. Not top of the line but a very good and popular brand. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.