FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Class Discussion
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:19 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QXflyer
Alaska does indeed fly 700s with "infinite leg room" exit rows.
I don't think I've flown an Alaska 700, so I didn't know that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by QXflyer
Personally row 6 on the new 800s feels like an infinite amount of leg room to me (and I'm 6'4"). Though you don't know me personally, so you shouldn't trust me.
I'd define "infinte" leg room as this: Even if you are the tallest person you know, and even if you put your right-at-the-limit-of-underseat-standards bag under the seat in front of you (if possible*), there's still more room than your could ever user for your legs in any seating position.

I'd consider you at 6'4" a reasonably estimator of this, except that you didn't specify whether it felt "infinite" to you with our without luggage under the seat. I have certainly seen bulkhead seats (with no hard bulkhead) on one plane or another on one airline or another (can't remember which clearly) where it felt "infinite" if I didn't have to put my bag there, but no longer felt "infinite" once I did put my bag there.

But I guess I should ask: Does Alaska let you put your bag there (even for takeoff and landing) because it's under the seat in front of you, or not because it's officially "bulkhead"?

* On some AA planes, I've seen "infinite legroom" seats that had a hard bulkhead in front of them, so you couldn't put your bag in front, but it was "infinite" in that there was a great distance to that bulkhead (you'd have to get up and walk the equivalent of almost another row to get there).