Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchased Miles Mystery Bonus Offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA-ex EXP, PLT, LTG, MVP-Gold, UA-Silver, SPG-LTG, PLT, HH-D, Hyatt-D,
Nothing is free
The BoA Alaska card, gives you 25k miles , but charges you an annual fee of $75 upfront.

Originally Posted by craw13
BOA for FREE?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:35 pm

I got 50%, hubby 40%. So, am thinking of buy 2 lots of 60K plus bonus. Likely to be a silly question: If I do this, will I be able to use points to redeem for 2 tickets (self & hubby) from my account later on? Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by A1pax
I got 50%, hubby 40%. So, am thinking of buy 2 lots of 60K plus bonus. Likely to be a silly question: If I do this, will I be able to use points to redeem for 2 tickets (self & hubby) from my account later on? Thanks in advance!
Yes, I've done this before
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by nemme99
Yes, I've done this before
Thanks, nemme99, for confirming that. Great! Will buy the miles next month.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I got 50%, but probably won't be buying it because I have tons of SPG points that will be converting into AS miles in the near future.... thanks to the merger.

By that time I will have about 100K AS miles....
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:03 pm

I need to buy alaska miles for my future emirates trip. Can I buy miles from someone else with 50% bonus, use my credit card, and gift it to my alaska account?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edyonline
I need to buy alaska miles for my future emirates trip. Can I buy miles from someone else with 50% bonus, use my credit card, and gift it to my alaska account?
Not sure but sounds a bit fishy.

Be careful...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...brokering.html
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:35 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Does anyone know how long an account needs to be open in order to buy miles (in general, and specifically for this promo)?

I created an account today, and clicked through to 'see' my offer, but the site said my account was ineligible to purchase miles...

Cheers,
-CLG
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:40 am

Same question here. Registered today but not able to buy miles. I read somethere that says 14 days? Is there anyway to bypass that restriction?
Originally Posted by CLG
Does anyone know how long an account needs to be open in order to buy miles (in general, and specifically for this promo)?

I created an account today, and clicked through to 'see' my offer, but the site said my account was ineligible to purchase miles...

Cheers,
-CLG
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by swein1992
Same question here. Registered today but not able to buy miles. I read somethere that says 14 days? Is there anyway to bypass that restriction?
No.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:38 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by swein1992
Well, guess that rules out this promo then! Where did you see the two week rule? I've looked all around their site but can't find any documentation...

CLG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.