Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by bofc
I think the delay is caused by their inability to find a substance strong enough to lock down the cheese at times when soup is being served in the new Board Room (since these two items are NOT allowed to be served at the same time). Time and normal protocols mean something unique when the Board Room is involved. Example: they will continue to serve clam chowder as the Friday soup until the world ends.
Maybe they need to take the Delta route, and offer FCM into the "Cheese Room". Improves the bottom line and restricts access at the same time! /s
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I am suggesting a new reality TV show to the networks, "Boardroom Impossible". If follows the exploits of Alaska Airlines and the Port of Seatle as they attempt to build a temporary boardroom. Right now I expect it to run five seasons.
This will put all of the "sleep aid" medications out of business. A screen full of static, with possible shadowy movement in the background once or twice a month is sure to help anyone pass out from boredom. There will be no need for additional chemical help.

Originally Posted by bofc
I think the delay is caused by their inability to find a substance strong enough to lock down the cheese at times when soup is being served in the new Board Room (since these two items are NOT allowed to be served at the same time).
Occasionally a lapse appears and both are seen at the same time. You can tell when that happens by tracking the price of AS stock. Based on the value that AS puts on their cheese, the stock drop from these momentary lapses is somewhere between 75% and 90%.

Fortunately, the stock survives and AS thrives nevertheless.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Turns out the wall isn't that sturdy hiding construction...but not that lightweight
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Since we're into October, is it time to ask the AS Twitter team for an update?
Sorry to ask, but exactly where is this "temporary" board room? Is it at the old UA RCC on the lower (subway) level of the N terminal?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Sorry to ask, but exactly where is this "temporary" board room? Is it at the old UA RCC on the lower (subway) level of the N terminal?
no its basically in the center of the N terminal, IIRC across from N1/N2 gates, sort of.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
East side of the North Satellite main level between the Burger King and the women's restroom.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Oct 10, 2015 at 8:10 pm
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
East side of the North Satellite main level between the Burger King and the women's restroom.
Back through SEA next weekend. It would be nice to have a BR in N open but from reading thread so far it seems an extreme long shot.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by SamuelS
It would be nice to have a BR in N open but from reading thread so far it seems an extreme long shot.
BWahhahhh..you funny man, funny, funny man
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No and no.

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
its basically in the center of the N terminal, IIRC across from N1/N2 gates, sort of.
It's not in the center. It's between N1 and N2.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Hmm didn't realize N4-N5 were skipped...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by dayone
No and no.

Okay, northeast, and it is the area between the burger king and the women's restroom. If AndyPatterson walks from the Burger King towards the women's restroom, he will see the construction area. If he reaches the women's restroom without seeing it he should stop and turn around.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
As an update I actually heard construction noises coming from inside the walls hiding the boardroom on Monday 10/12. I was able to peek in a crack in the door and saw that they appear to be installing counters and some cabinetry. At this rate I expect an announcement any day the Boardroom will open in "early" 2016!!!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
Alaska Web site now says November 5 (2015) https://www.alaskaair.com/content/gi...al-events.aspx
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
makes it look like the lounge is actually at ground level, not at gate level. I always assumed they crammed it between the two gates, but now I'm thinking it's just the elevator/stairs down to the lower level where they actually have the lounge?

Neil
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I am 95% certain it is one the departure gate level. There are no windows on the lower level.

I also see the main Boardroom is going to stay open till midnight effective 11/7, which is great for those of us connecting onto the late QX flights!! Thanks AS!!

Last edited by jsguyrus; Oct 14, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.