Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
They are extending the N terminal to add gates, and presumably having to do a lot of reinforcing work to put the new Boardroom on the roof of the existing building.

All whilst an airport is running 20 hours a day around them.
Yes, that all has been well documented, but three years still seems like a pokey pace.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Dont forget, when first announced the temporary boardroom was supposed to open in August.....that is August 2014!!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Dont forget, when first announced the temporary boardroom was supposed to open in August.....that is August 2014!!
...and we saw what the POS did with that space
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Board Room - Term N

Here I sit in Terminal N and still no Board Room. At least they painted over the "Coming this Summer" sign. Maybe the temporary location will be done just before the permanent one!!😢
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I have purchased 3 year memberships to the Board Rooms the last 4 time I renewed. The quality of the BR's compared to everyone else continues to slip. The only constantly good thing left is the people, and they cannot even help with most travel related requests.

The food options are weak at meal time and pathetic beyond then, especially at ANC. The Sky Clubs and Admirals Clubs are light years better that the BR's anymore. It is extremely doubtful that I will renew, especially with the other (mostly credit card) options out there.

I have seen condo complexes built in less than half the time it has taken to work on the N BR, with no end in sight. It is simply pathetic.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Ditto what BOB W said. I'm saddened by the Board Room situation and what's offered, compared to the price of membership.

Like many, I'm leaning toward not renewing my membership the next time it expires. A Priority Pass membership is less, and it provides access to AS BRs as well as myriad other lounges in the US and internationally.

***sigh***
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Considering you can get Priority Pass memberships as part of AmEx Platinum ($450 annual fee, no guests) or Citi Prestige ($450 annual fee, includes guests) why would you ever buy an AS BR membership? When you throw in the airline fee credit ($200/$250) the cards offer, plus all the additional lounge access you get, the BR membership just doesn't make sense.

Neil
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by missamo80
Considering you can get Priority Pass memberships as part of AmEx Platinum ($450 annual fee, no guests) or Citi Prestige ($450 annual fee, includes guests) why would you ever buy an AS BR membership? When you throw in the airline fee credit ($200/$250) the cards offer, plus all the additional lounge access you get, the BR membership just doesn't make sense.

Neil
Ever? There are specific reasons. A few I can think of are
(1) Frequent travels w/family. AX Plat becomes too expensive.
(2) Frequent DL or AA travels, or AS travels where you prefer the DL lounges. (Yes, I've been out to S to have a shower during a very long SEA stop.)
(3) Frequent SFO travels and want a lounge (although this has now diminished with the AF/FL lounge joining PP - but I believe hours are more limited than CX).

Further, AS really doesn't mind if you're a frequent visitor using a PP, because they get a chi-ching every time you enter.

I haven't had a BR membership in a couple of years. I am only occasionally missing it (although I've had some AA travels that would have benefited from the new BR reciprocity, had it existed).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(2)...or AS travels where you prefer the DL lounges.
I think just about everyone is resigned to the fact that access to the Sky Clubs will be ending at some point. Since the N BR will be finished just after Hades Freezes Over, that leaves Seattle in particular, in a very bad spot.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
I think just about everyone is resigned to the fact that access to the Sky Clubs will be ending at some point. Since the N BR will be finished just after Hades Freezes Over, that leaves Seattle in particular, in a very bad spot.
Accordingly, I will be visiting 2 or 3 lounges on my next SEA visit during my 2 available hours. I'll call it "The Club American Express Bored Studio Room At SEA."
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Ever? There are specific reasons. A few I can think of are
(1) Frequent travels w/family. AX Plat becomes too expensive.
This is where the Citi Prestige shines. You get you + guest or immediate family as access with the Priority Pass membership, rather than just you with the AmEx Plat. This is one of the main reasons I'll be ditching the AmEx card when the annual fee hits.

Neil
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missamo80
This is where the Citi Prestige shines. You get you + guest or immediate family as access with the Priority Pass membership, rather than just you with the AmEx Plat. This is one of the main reasons I'll be ditching the AmEx card when the annual fee hits.

Neil
AX has more value for me, but then I don't have a PP guest very often. I miss the old RCC in N (although it would have left the PP program in any event by now).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It looked like today they were working on insulation or something... they seemed to have large 'bales' of stuff inside looking thru the door cracks.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Accordingly, I will be visiting 2 or 3 lounges on my next SEA visit during my 2 available hours. I'll call it "The Club American Express Bored Studio Room At SEA."
If you were flying Delta you could visit "The Club American Express Bored Sky Studio Room At SEA."

You'd also get a good workout running between every concourse except N (to drag this thread back on track)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
If you were flying Delta you could visit "The Club American Express Bored Sky Studio Room At SEA."

You'd also get a good workout running between every concourse except N (to drag this thread back on track)
Unless my my flight arrives or departs from N.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.