Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AS doesn't fly there...yet
Probably will start it from their new SJU hub

Does any other airline use the N terminal? Wonder how practical it would be if they just converted the whole thing into a pseudo-board room. Put some nice seating in. A quiet area, free non-alcoholic drinks and cheap snacks. Would be pretty competitive against DL's option.
AS is the only airline tenant in N.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K

Envisioning Chester in a pair of shorts instead of a lei on the tail...

ACK!

no.. no bad! stop... ugh. I've seen this show before, and its almost nightly down at the Imperial/Red Dog/Alaskan/Viking in Juneau....

>_<
Old May 5, 2015, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Does any other airline use the N terminal? Wonder how practical it would be if they just converted the whole thing into a pseudo-board room. Put some nice seating in. A quiet area, free non-alcoholic drinks and cheap snacks. Would be pretty competitive against DL's option.
Erm, so what happens for the non-BR pax?
Old May 5, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Not actually make the whole terminal a BR, but have some of the same comforts since it would be mostly only AS passengers.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Not actually make the whole terminal a BR, but have some of the same comforts since it would be mostly only AS passengers.
Now I understand...it would be like QX in the good 'ole days with Coffee and newspapers.

I like it ^
Old May 5, 2015, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec

Envisioning Chester in a pair of shorts instead of a lei on the tail...

ACK!

no.. no bad! stop... ugh. I've seen this show before, and its almost nightly down at the Imperial/Red Dog/Alaskan/Viking in Juneau....

>_<
I'm scared by this imagery.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Construction appears to be under way by N1 - sign says its the Boardroom, temporary, until the roof top one comes along. It says it will be complete by late-summer.....
Old May 31, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by LaneW
Construction appears to be under way by N1 - sign says its the Boardroom, temporary, until the roof top one comes along. It says it will be complete by late-summer.....
That's something...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:05 am

The new Board Room is under construction between N1 and N2. Snapped this photo yesterday:

I reached out to Alaska on Twitter and they said it is scheduled to open in October.

http://singleflyer.com/2015/06/30/ne...om-in-seattle/
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Ugh, really, October?? So much for mid 2015. Somehow it takes longer to remodel a space for a Boardroom than actually order and build a Boeing 737.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Ugh, really, October?? So much for mid 2015. Somehow it takes longer to remodel a space for a Boardroom than actually order and build a Boeing 737.
Well Boeing does have quite the backlog...

If its done by October...that's one thing. But with the POS I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Well Boeing does have quite the backlog...
The POS backlog of airline club construction is one.

I'm unable to comprehend how building the permanent BR will take at least three years.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
Is the current existing BR accessible from every terminal?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by justmexp
Is the current existing BR accessible from every terminal?
Yes, it is. All terminals are behind the same security so you can go from any terminal concourse to any other terminal concourse.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
I'm unable to comprehend how building the permanent BR will take at least three years.
It's not just the Boardroom. They are extending the N terminal to add gates, and presumably having to do a lot of reinforcing work to put the new Boardroom on the roof of the existing building.

All whilst an airport is running 20 hours a day around them.

Alaska can't start until the building construction is done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.