Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Please limit discussion in this thread to upcoming Boardroom(s) to the SEA N Terminals. www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1602028-sea-n-gate-saga.html pertains to the actual utility of the N terminal itself.
Print Wikipost

Temporary N BR coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Temporary N BR coming soon?

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Heard about this entering the SEA BR today. Will go in the old UA club in the N basement. Apparently when UA moved out they gutted the place- taking even the light fixtures so will tale about 3 months to reinstall items so its usable- and work has started. Thanks for listening AS ^
Old May 8, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
That's good news ^ It would be funny if they just threw in a cooler, a few flashlights and some bean bag chairs and called it done.

Buuuut, they aren't closing the current one are they?
Old May 8, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Heard about this entering the SEA BR today. Will go in the old UA club in the N basement. Apparently when UA moved out they gutted the place- taking even the light fixtures so will tale about 3 months to reinstall items so its usable- and work has started. Thanks for listening AS ^
Are you here? I'm downstairs, LOL. Great news on the N BR, btw....

Dave
Old May 8, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Solid
Old May 8, 2014, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by davew-krdm

Are you here? I'm downstairs, LOL. Great news on the N BR, btw....

Dave
Posted once I boarded QX.

Did a pass thru the downstairs but guess I missed you.

I don't think there are any plans to close the current SEA BR.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Is this really a temp location? Are there plans for a permanent club in N?
Old May 9, 2014, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dayone
Is this really a temp location? Are there plans for a permanent club in N?
Yes there are. A rooftop lounge but is several years down the roads.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:57 pm

Yes there are. A rooftop lounge but is several years down the roads.
The DL rooftop lounge in JFK is AWESOME. I'm really looking forward to the SEA one, especially if they have an outside area.

The thing that it would *really* need, however, is a cigar lounge.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This is great news. I would imagine that some of the SEA BR members haven't renewed because of the overcrowding / terminal is better / gates are too far to bother (especially for those of us who connect via SEA now with frequent N/N connections).

The only thing is those who have SEA N BR duties will have to take a vitamin D pill on their duty days.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
According to the Concierge's at the SEA Board Room, work has already begun on remodeling the old United Club in the N Concourse. It should be open within the next 3 months and remain open until the new club on top of N is completed. I was told this last night. The current lounge in D will stay open.

Uncontinent stripped the room bare, right down to the light fixtures so AS is starting with an empty shell.

I guess my comments about the AS SRO Room in SEA finally struck a nerve with someone

Last edited by BOB W; May 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Old May 9, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
The DL rooftop lounge in JFK is AWESOME. I'm really looking forward to the SEA one, especially if they have an outside area.
DL has a decent rooftop lounge at the SEA S terminal.
It has a nice view of the AS hanger, but unfortunately no outside area.
That would be very cool is AS can include an outside area in their new N lounge.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by tod701
That would be very cool is AS can include an outside area in their new N lounge.
What about the BA rooftop lounge at SEA -- is that still around? I think it is also in the S terminal, but have never been in S at SEA.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by tod701
I would it say it's more like an upstairs lounge.
Old May 10, 2014, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
The thing that it would *really* need, however, is a cigar lounge.
Almost certainly not legal in the state of Washington due to laws about subjecting employees to secondhand smoke. There might be a deck you could use for smoking, but that's about it. I know of Seattle restaurants that had to close theirs.

(The one bar I know of in the state that gets around that law has an owner and "volunteers" who get paid on tips, no wages, thus no employees. That's not gonna happen with AS. )
Old May 10, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
This is what sets AS apart, they actually listen!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.