Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Please limit discussion in this thread to upcoming Boardroom(s) to the SEA N Terminals. www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1602028-sea-n-gate-saga.html pertains to the actual utility of the N terminal itself.
Print Wikipost

Temporary N BR coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
I saw the chaos that is the N gates today, but since I had a decent layover, took the train to the Board room and noticed on my way the new one wasn't opened yet and nothing seemed to be happening.

It's this, only worse. In the BR, I asked the attendant about the N Gates temporary BR status. BAD NEWS folks: No temporary BR unless AS can figure something else out. Apparently, the POS told Alaska that they will need that space as meeting rooms, etc for the upcoming construction/renovation of the N terminal and that AS would have to seek other alternatives. The BR agent was clearly beside herself given the dollars AS has spent thus far.

She said AS is bound and determined to have some type of BR by the end of the year, but the alternatives are both limited and smaller than the space they were working on. It definitely sounded like the POS has not given AS much in the way of options and took their biggest one away.

A reminder, however, this was one report from one agent. The other two were busy with other members, so they didn't get a chance to chime in.
Sigh. Well, if there are BR lunches this fall or the special encounters at off-campus places, someone please pop the question.

I can appreciate that the BR agent was beside herself. Having renewed myself and Mrs. dave1013 this year based partially on the dangling carrot of some nicer space deep in the bowels of N, I ain't too happy either.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
This seems like classic Dragon gossip. Why would AS start construction only to have it stopped so that the POS can use it as meeting space?

If AS did start work without some sort of contract in place, shame on them; just a poor play on their part for not protecting themselves.
My thought is the old adage: you can't fight City Hall. Literally and figuratively, in this case.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dave1013
My thought is the old adage: you can't fight City Hall. Literally and figuratively, in this case.
That back room from the old UA club would make for a good room as there's a bar there.

3 martini lunches during construction, anyone?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
This seems like classic Dragon gossip. Why would AS start construction only to have it stopped so that the POS can use it as meeting space?

If AS did start work without some sort of contract in place, shame on them; just a poor play on their part for not protecting themselves.
Was it confirmed construction was started?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Thanks for the update, as painful as it may be.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Thanks for the update, as painful as it may be.
AS was just made aware that the old UA club location is no longer available, however they are actively evaluating another space up on the departure level itself that could potentially be used as a temporary BR location until the N Satellite renovation and expansion project is completed.

And this one actually has windows!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
AS was just made aware that the old UA club location is no longer available, however they are actively evaluating another space up on the departure level itself that could potentially be used as a temporary BR location until the N Satellite renovation and expansion project is completed.

And this one actually has windows!
Anyone have any thoughts about where this might be?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:55 pm

There's a customer service area and that restaurant right next door that could be locations. Otherwise, I call BS.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:16 pm

There's a customer service area and that restaurant right next door that could be locations. Otherwise, I call BS.
I'll be happy to provide updates as I receive them, but the fact a space directly on the N Satellite departure level - with windows - is being looked at came directly from my correspondence this morning with the Manager, Airport Club Rooms for AS; she was going to tour the space this afternoon as a matter of fact.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Thanks for the info ^
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Isn't there space between N1 and N16? I swear there's room that's blocked off.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Isn't there space between N1 and N16? I swear there's room that's blocked off.
I think that space is the restaurant/customer service area.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
I'll be happy to provide updates as I receive them, but the fact a space directly on the N Satellite departure level - with windows - is being looked at came directly from my correspondence this morning with the Manager, Airport Club Rooms for AS; she was going to tour the space this afternoon as a matter of fact.
This is consistent with what I was told. Thanks for sharing this Snowdevil, as well as any future updates. Currently AS37, so if we're arriving in N, I'll try to scope out what space they may be referring to, unless someone else beats me to it.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:24 pm

Yeah, AS needs to come up with a faster plan to do something in N. With SFO closed, the BR membership is of really dubious value.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Sorry for the delayed post, but was through the N terminal again yesterday afternoon. There is a space that's walled off between N1 & N16 - the only reasonable space anyone could be thinking of as everything else is either restroom or restaurant or news store. It would be small, no doubt about it, and cramped, but it would be something. On the bright side, it would have windows overlooking the tarmac and (not on the bright side) auto traffic coming into the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.